Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1773563 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (4260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2019
Dear Trump-hating liberals,

You might want to calm down & pace yourselves a little bit.

You still have 5 years left of watching America become greater than its ever been before.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 10:12am On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:
The S&P 500 has returned more than 50% since Trump was elected, more than double the 23% average market return of other presidents three years into their term

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/26/trumps-stock-market-rally-is-far-outpacing-past-us-presidents.html

Lies, lies and more lies. Trump supporters just like him are peddlers of lies.
Below is the historical data of S&P500 for the last 10 years.
When Obama was sworn in January 2009, S & P 500 averaged 948.5 points, 3 years later 2011, it was 1267.64, that's a 33% increase.

When Trump was sworn in January 2017, S & P 500 averaged 2449.08 points, this year 2019, it is 2909.54 . That's just an 18% increase. So who doubled who?

As I said, Obama beat Trump on every economic indice in relative (not absolute ) terms.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2019
wirinet:

When Obama was sworn in January 2009, S & P 500 averaged 948.5 points, 3 years later 2011, it was 1267.64, that's a 33% increase.

When Trump was sworn in January 2017, S & P 500 averaged 2449.08 points, this year 2019, it is 2909.54 . That's just an 18% increase. So who doubled who?

As I said, Obama beat Trump on every economic indice in relative (not absolute ) terms.
so CNBC is lying

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 10:57am On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

so CNBC is lying
Now you are shifting stadium and not just goal posts.

This was your claim;
garetz:
The S&P 500 has returned more than 50% since Trump was elected, more than double the 23% average market return of other presidents three years into their term

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/26/trumps-stock-market-rally-is-far-outpacing-past-us-presidents.html

And I gave you proof that you lied, the s&p 500 did better under Obama, now you are showing links talking about Bellwether index (whatever that is) gaining more than 28% this year.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2019
wirinet:

Now you are shifting stadium and not just goal posts.

This was your claim;

And I gave you proof that you lied, the s&p 500 did better under Obama, now you are showing links talking about Bellwether index (whatever that is) gaining more than 28% this year.
Bellwether index is what the s&p 500 data is reflecting and I'll rather believe what CNBC, WSJ and Bloomberg are saying than believe someone who doesn't even know what the Bellwether index is. BTW, i never made any comparison between Trump and Obama, your TDS is making you see things

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

Bellwether index is what the s&p 500 data is reflecting and I'll rather believe what CNBC, WSJ and Bloomberg are saying than believe someone who doesn't even know what the Bellwether index is. BTW, i never made any comparison between Trump and Obama, your TDS is making you see things
You are a clown I swear. Did CNBC, WSJ and Bloomberg claim that Trump's First 3 years posted superior figures than Obama's first 3 years in relative terms?

I never claimed to be a financial guru, so I had no idea of what bellwether index is, but a simple Google search will reveal your claim that s&p 500 index for the first 3 years of Trump is superior to Obama's is false.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
wirinet:

You are a clown I swear. Did CNBC, WSJ and Bloomberg claim that Trump's First 3 years posted superior figures than Obama's first 3 years in relative terms?

I never claimed to be a financial guru, so I had no idea of what bellwether index is, but a simple Google search will reveal your claim that s&p 500 index was for the first 3 years of Trump is superior to Obama's is false.
You are the clown, i never made any comparison between Trump and Obama

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

garetz:
Nasdaq Hits 9,000 for First Time Ever

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/12/26/nasdaq-hits-9000-for-first-time-ever/amp/

I wonder who we'd blame when this bubble pops.

It is being made by the Fed with its negative interest rates by the way, and is fueled by debt.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
wirinet:

That's way beyond their level of comprehension!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

so CNBC is lying
Note they said "average".

Explain to me what that means.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
[s]
budaatum:

I wonder who we'd blame when this bubble pops.

It is being made by the Fed with its negative interest rates by the way, and is fueled by debt.
[/s]
trash

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
budaatum:

Note they said "average".

Explain to me what that means.
That's way beyond your level of comprehension!

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

That's way beyond your level of comprehension!
Explain it anyway. I'm not the only one here.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:26pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:
[s][/s]
trash
Trump done it lol&smh@u.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Appleyard(m): 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
Timbuktuo:

Defendants do not need to be in court for a trial to occur. In fact, they do not need to say a word throughout the trial. You don’t have to believe me, but you’re free to ask any competent lawyer.

Secondly, the burden of proof is upon the plaintiff. The defendant is supposed to cooperate as much as they can with investigations, not assist the accusers to prove their case. If I have been accused of murder, I will do my best to not be convicted of murder. My duty to myself is survival and furthering my interests and welfare. If you have a case against me, you better be able to prove it because I will not prove it for you. If you cannot prove your case beyond reasonable doubt then the court pronounces me ‘not guilty’. Whether you think I am guilty or not is the most irrelevant piece of information on earth. Your opinion is less valuable than faeces.

As far as the law is concerned Donald Trump is ‘not guilty’ of collusion. You might think he is, but that is your personal opinion and problem. The laws has not been able to prove him guilty.

C’est fini.
Let the law speak for them brother. It is only on this thread that people convict someone of a crime without proving their case. This thread is pack full with venomous illogical thinkers. When you hear people implying that it's the duty of a defendant to prove the case of the plaintiff for him, then you know sound reasoning has lost its meaning.

It's very pathetic.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Obama gave billions in cash to the number one terrorist sponsor without Congressional authority!!

Let that sink in!!!

How can he get away with it?!!

US payment of $1.7 billion to Iran made entirely in cash

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
Seattle Democrats hired a transgender stripper to perform at a conference on solving homelessness

HOW IS THIS HELPING HOMELESS PEOPLE? Wasting Taxpayers Money!

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
New gun control laws take effect in Virginia today.

Northam preparing to jail gun owners.

If you don’t follow this law, you’re going to jail.

This is unconstitutional! A ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms will not reduce violent crime.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2019
Donald Trump recently signed 3 bills to support tribal sovereignty and native culture –

S.216/Spokane Tribe, S.256/Native Languages and NDAA Sec. 2870 officially recognizing Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians.

and brain dead libtards say he is a white supremacist

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
Even WaPo is now admitting what pieces of garbage Rachel Maddow and MSNBC are over their promoting of the Steele dossier.

From the Washington Post:

The case against Maddow is far stronger. When small bits of news arose in favor of the dossier, the franchise MSNBC host pumped air into them. At least some of her many fans surely came away from her broadcasts thinking the dossier was a serious piece of investigative research, not the flimflam, quick-twitch game of telephone outlined in the Horowitz report. She seemed to be rooting for the document.

And when large bits of news arose against the dossier, Maddow found other topics more compelling.

She was there for the bunkings, absent for the debunkings — a pattern of misleading and dishonest asymmetry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/26/rachel-maddow-rooted-steele-dossier-be-true-then-it-fell-apart/

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:
Obama gave billions in cash to the number one terrorist sponsor without Congressional authority!!

Let that sink in!!!

This is false, stop coming here to lie like your tin god and brainless lord and personal savior.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kopfschmerzens:

This is false, stop coming here to lie like your tin god and brainless lord and personal savior.
It's not false

https://apnews.com/fd4113419276444eba1d2a46d5c29752/US-payment-of-$1.7-billion-to-Iran-made-entirely-in-cash

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
According to new reports, Elizabeth Warren's brother is "furious" she is on the campaign trail claiming their father was a janitor

David Herring claims their father was never a janitor in his life

What WON'T Elizabeth Warren lie about to get power?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2019/12/23/elizabeth-warren-brothers-are-silent-fixture-her-campaign/eRgfvczXA9FLxnjJsQ5AXM/story.html

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 8:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

It's not false

https://apnews.com/fd4113419276444eba1d2a46d5c29752/US-payment-of-$1.7-billion-to-Iran-made-entirely-in-cash

CRAP!!!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kopfschmerzens:

CRAP!!!
AP is CRAP?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

AP is CRAP?

The money is Iranian money seized during the Shah debacle. Do y'all Trumptard just wanna be knowingly slow in the head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

Let that sink in!!!

It's an illegal transaction and the Republican controlled house did not even have an impeachment hearing, not to talk of impeachment, and the Republican controlled senate did not remove Obama?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2019
garetz:

It's not false

You guys are deaf, dumb and blind. Even fox news have acknowledged that the payments were not illegal, but rabid Trump worshippers never listens to facts.
The cash was money seized from Iran since the 1979 revolution

Before the 1979 revolution, Iran’s shah had paid $400 million for American military goods but, after he was overthrown, they were never delivered. The clerics who seized control demanded the money back, but the United States refused. The additional $1.3 billion is interest accumulated over 35 years. An initial reimbursement was released after the Iran deal was implemented and to help secure the release of American hostages.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/us/politics/fact-check-iran-trump-nuclear-deal.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2019

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
Appleyard:
Let the law speak for them brother. It is only on this thread that people convict someone of a crime without proving their case. This thread is pack full with venomous illogical thinkers. When you hear people implying that it's the duty of a defendant to prove the case of the plaintiff for him, then you know sound reasoning has lost its meaning.

It's very pathetic.

I wish I could say I didn’t understand the lack of reasoning, but it’s obvious they’ve suspended their thinking abilities due to pure hatred of Trump. Funny, he wouldn’t be a friend of mine in real life but that’s not really relevant to his position as president.

I like the platform he ran on and I see absolutely nothing wrong in it. His ideology is 100% constitutional and he may have made mistakes along the way but that’s to be expected of a novice in politics.

If you ask why they hate him now, they’ll say because “he says mean things”. Pansies grin

8 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 4:41am On Dec 28, 2019
And out of $3 trillion stashed overseas Trump has gotten $1 trillion to the US because of the tax cuts and still working to get the rest repatriated.

Trump has broken every record bringing prosperity back to the USA despite all what Democrats are doing to destroy the country.

Trump is also working to collapse the central bank and then the federal reserve, a private corporation pretending to be us govt owned. The so called US debt will go with the Federal reserve living America debt free.

Trump is a blessing to all of us, a comfortable billionaire chose to risk his life and everything to run for president in the land where you have to be chosen by the power-that-be or you are toast.

Like Cyrus he was chosen for this and THE ALMIGHTY GOD has been protecting him. Trump was 70 years, 7 months and 7 days on the day he was sworn in as president and has since been taking all slings and arrows on our behalf. All 26 attempts on his life including an unauthorized missile launch from Hawaii to take out the Airforce 1 on the way to Vietnam to meet Kim Jong Un, it would have been blamed on North Korea if successful. Thank goodness for the best kept secret that f16 could take the missiles out, those super birds came handy for our special POTUS.

It looks like George Soros is finally booked. Also, Hilary Clinton is still obsessed with the white house with her Christmas picture. The wicked witch is closer to prison that she is to the white house but just in denial.

garetz:

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 5:26am On Dec 28, 2019
Covfefe means 'I still stand' in Arabic.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (4260) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: Obrigardo, kentebemoney, ObaIgwe1, bemeruca and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.