Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,102 members, 7,963,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:43 PM

5 Cinema Thrilling Movies: #1 Is Your Favourite - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Cinema Thrilling Movies: #1 Is Your Favourite (912 Views)

Old Christian Movies 1: A Thief In The Night. / BBNaija: TECNO Challenges Housemates With Thrilling Tasks / Ten Of The Most Utterly Thrilling Movies Of All Time You Really Need To Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Cinema Thrilling Movies: #1 Is Your Favourite by boxofix: 9:06am On May 19, 2018
5 Cinema Thrilling Films: #1 is Your Favourite

The Nigerian film industry has been one of the fastest growing industries locally and internationally amongst its counterparts, Hollywood and Bollywood. For the past few 5 months I came across 5 powerful movies which left an impression on me, so, I thought I should share it with you.

#5 Idahosa Trails

Director: Stanlee Ohikhuare

Wowu! This movie lies on the story of the iconic christian figure, Benson Andrew Idahosa who trailed in the 20th century, bringing dynamic influence and breaking of dogmas in the Nigerian church history. What an awesome striking resemblance between Idahosa and Charles Okafor who played the lead role. However, as interesting as this story may be, it was told from a documentary photographer’s point of view, who came across the works of Idahosa. The feeling you will get about this movie is that, you are born to effect change and until you do, nothing happens. You have to be intentional about your vision in life and that was the story of Idahosa.

#4 Cat-ch-er

Director: Walter Taylaur (Walterbanger)

Coming at number 4, is the crime and detective psychological thriller, Cat-ch-er. No matter how good you are in predicting films, you can’t predict who murdered her (Beverly Naya) in this very sensitive masterpiece. The director is not well o, playing with my emotions. This movie was well crafted with the dramatic mystery surrounding her death, arising to suspense from the unclear identity of Alexx Ekubo (her boyfriend) and her colleague (Blossom Chukwujekwu) who were the suspected perpetrators of her death. The resolution unravel with an outcome least expected by audience. I speak with 101% assurance that the producer can move ahead to make a part 2 because 97% of the audience may not know the murderer, but surely O. C Ukeje did a detective miracle on fishing out the murderer.

#3 Wives On Strike: The Revolution

Director: Omoni Oboli

Hmm. Personally, I feel this movie should be number 1 on my recently watched movies but some people will bite my ears off. Should I tell why I feel this movie is the best. Omoni Oboli, the screen goddess, Producer and Director of this film performed a miracle. This movie is a sequel to Wives On Strike which toured the path of child abuse, politics and feminine strength. A lot of people will expect that a sequel would be boring, disappointing and extorting. But, No! She proved otherwise. This time around, it was domestic violence, but star studded like the Paramount Mountain. From the grand breaking performances of Sola Sobowale (Toyin Tomato), Hafeez Oyetoro (Saka), Odunlade Adekola (King of memes), Toyin Abraham (she needs Jesus), to the unbeatable performances and interesting characters of Uche Jumbo, Chioma Chukwuka (the virgin),Omoni Oboli;
the audience were left with no choice than to laugh away their future sorrows. It’s all enlightening, breathtaking and entertaining. I have seen a woman who directs, a woman who produces, a woman who acts, but never have I seen a woman who does the three without default like Omoni Oboli.

#2 Quick Story

Director: Dick Williams Azibagir

Ghen! ghen! Quick Story is a revolutionary short film series with different episodes of unique stories. The short films were stylishly created with engaging plots everyone can easily relate to, with its ability to influence and entertain audience with Godly, Societal and Comical blends. This film series breaks the norms of film making, to unravel film creativity and imaginative scenarios that connects events and actions in humans. The stories told are rather too therapeutic than mere entertainment, sending vital messages via the film media, which comes in doses of imaginative dramas and comedies. Visit https://azibagir./ for more details. See #accquickstory

#1 The Wedding Party 2 (Destination Dubai)

Director: Niyi Akinmolayan

I know this movie is your number Nollywood film. Am I lying? A sequel to the part 1, comes this box office grossing movie, The Wedding Party 2 (Destination Dubai). The movie had it’s world premiere on 10th December, 2017, at the Eko Hotels, with a grand breaking record at the box office replacing the previous noble stand held by The Wedding Party 1 in the history of Nollywood. This is it, set records and break records, set new records again. Thumbs up to Mo Abudu, the CEO of Ebony Life Films and TV. The financial success of this movie got people talking about it than the creativity invested into it. Who cares to talk about creativity, the box office rakings says it all. Ebony Films had to hire a new director to execute the part 2, which kept many wondering how the flow of actions will be guaranteed in the sequel, but Niyi, the jellof rice lover proved his expertise on this one. Superb!
The movie as usual is star studded with Nollywood’s best features. It was shot in Nigeria and Dubai, hovering around the accidental proposal of Ayinna, Banky W’s brother to a British lady of royal decent. The drama lies in the headache producing protocols involved in getting married in Nigeria, and the need to fix a wedding in Dubai, where we saw some Nollywood characters take their “bad and funny habits” to Dubai. Hilarious! Mama G and Frank Donga were their to spoil show for people. Chiwatalu Agu, also came through with his bad mouth, and of course some complex parables. I personally think the movie survived more on comic strength than plot sequencing. I suspect the director, Niyi Akinmolayan, may have pulled it through with inspiration from Nigerian jellof rice. He did a pro job and the movie was and is pro.

Re: 5 Cinema Thrilling Movies: #1 Is Your Favourite by jasonex4(m): 1:02am On May 22, 2020
Please, where can i download IDAHOSA TRAILS... thanks

boxofix:
Cinema Thrilling Films: #1 is Your Favourite

The Nigerian film industry has been one of the fastest growing industries locally and internationally amongst its counterparts, Hollywood and Bollywood. For the past few 5 months I came across 5 powerful movies which left an impression on me, so, I thought I should share it with you.

#5 Idahosa Trails

Director: Stanlee Ohikhuare

Wowu! This movie lies on the story of the iconic christian figure, Benson Andrew Idahosa who trailed in the 20th century, bringing dynamic influence and breaking of dogmas in the Nigerian church history. What an awesome striking resemblance between Idahosa and Charles Okafor who played the lead role. However, as interesting as this story may be, it was told from a documentary photographer’s point of view, who came across the works of Idahosa. The feeling you will get about this movie is that, you are born to effect change and until you do, nothing happens. You have to be intentional about your vision in life and that was the story of Idahosa.

#4 Cat-ch-er

Director: Walter Taylaur (Walterbanger)

Coming at number 4, is the crime and detective psychological thriller, Cat-ch-er. No matter how good you are in predicting films, you can’t predict who murdered her (Beverly Naya) in this very sensitive masterpiece. The director is not well o, playing with my emotions. This movie was well crafted with the dramatic mystery surrounding her death, arising to suspense from the unclear identity of Alexx Ekubo (her boyfriend) and her colleague (Blossom Chukwujekwu) who were the suspected perpetrators of her death. The resolution unravel with an outcome least expected by audience. I speak with 101% assurance that the producer can move ahead to make a part 2 because 97% of the audience may not know the murderer, but surely O. C Ukeje did a detective miracle on fishing out the murderer.

#3 Wives On Strike: The Revolution

Director: Omoni Oboli

Hmm. Personally, I feel this movie should be number 1 on my recently watched movies but some people will bite my ears off. Should I tell why I feel this movie is the best. Omoni Oboli, the screen goddess, Producer and Director of this film performed a miracle. This movie is a sequel to Wives On Strike which toured the path of child abuse, politics and feminine strength. A lot of people will expect that a sequel would be boring, disappointing and extorting. But, No! She proved otherwise. This time around, it was domestic violence, but star studded like the Paramount Mountain. From the grand breaking performances of Sola Sobowale (Toyin Tomato), Hafeez Oyetoro (Saka), Odunlade Adekola (King of memes), Toyin Abraham (she needs Jesus), to the unbeatable performances and interesting characters of Uche Jumbo, Chioma Chukwuka (the virgin),Omoni Oboli;
the audience were left with no choice than to laugh away their future sorrows. It’s all enlightening, breathtaking and entertaining. I have seen a woman who directs, a woman who produces, a woman who acts, but never have I seen a woman who does the three without default like Omoni Oboli.

#2 Quick Story

Director: Dick Williams Azibagir

Ghen! ghen! Quick Story is a revolutionary short film series with different episodes of unique stories. The short films were stylishly created with engaging plots everyone can easily relate to, with its ability to influence and entertain audience with Godly, Societal and Comical blends. This film series breaks the norms of film making, to unravel film creativity and imaginative scenarios that connects events and actions in humans. The stories told are rather too therapeutic than mere entertainment, sending vital messages via the film media, which comes in doses of imaginative dramas and comedies. Visit https://azibagir./ for more details. See #accquickstory

#1 The Wedding Party 2 (Destination Dubai)

Director: Niyi Akinmolayan

I know this movie is your number Nollywood film. Am I lying? A sequel to the part 1, comes this box office grossing movie, The Wedding Party 2 (Destination Dubai). The movie had it’s world premiere on 10th December, 2017, at the Eko Hotels, with a grand breaking record at the box office replacing the previous noble stand held by The Wedding Party 1 in the history of Nollywood. This is it, set records and break records, set new records again. Thumbs up to Mo Abudu, the CEO of Ebony Life Films and TV. The financial success of this movie got people talking about it than the creativity invested into it. Who cares to talk about creativity, the box office rakings says it all. Ebony Films had to hire a new director to execute the part 2, which kept many wondering how the flow of actions will be guaranteed in the sequel, but Niyi, the jellof rice lover proved his expertise on this one. Superb!
The movie as usual is star studded with Nollywood’s best features. It was shot in Nigeria and Dubai, hovering around the accidental proposal of Ayinna, Banky W’s brother to a British lady of royal decent. The drama lies in the headache producing protocols involved in getting married in Nigeria, and the need to fix a wedding in Dubai, where we saw some Nollywood characters take their “bad and funny habits” to Dubai. Hilarious! Mama G and Frank Donga were their to spoil show for people. Chiwatalu Agu, also came through with his bad mouth, and of course some complex parables. I personally think the movie survived more on comic strength than plot sequencing. I suspect the director, Niyi Akinmolayan, may have pulled it through with inspiration from Nigerian jellof rice. He did a pro job and the movie was and is pro.

(1) (Reply)

Power Season 5 Episode 5 – Happy Birthday / Watch My Sister My Enemy Season 2- New Movie|chacha Ekeh|2019 Latest Nigerian Mo / The Top 20 Sites To Watch Movies Online And Stream Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.