Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,978 members, 7,936,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 05:30 AM

Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold (1137 Views)

Haaland Takes Swipe At Alexander-Arnold Over Man City Spending Jibe / I’m Not Iwobi, I’ll Insult Your Parent If You Insult Me –sadiq Warns Nigerians / Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by Youngherry(m): 5:42pm On May 24, 2018
Liverpool’s young defender, Trent Alexander-Arnold has said that facing a five-time World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo in Saturday’s Champions League final in Kiev will be his greatest challenge ever.

The England defender, however, vowed to exploit the Portugal captain’s own weaknesses during the encounter.

The 19-year-old right-back has had a splendid season for Liverpool which was capped by a call-up to England’s World Cup squad despite not having yet made his debut for the senior national side.

Liverpool’s young defender, Trent Alexander-Arnold has said that facing a five-time World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo in Saturday’s Champions League final in Kiev will be his greatest challenge ever.

The England defender, however, vowed to exploit the Portugal captain’s own weaknesses during the encounter.

The 19-year-old right-back has had a splendid season for Liverpool which was capped by a call-up to England’s World Cup squad despite not having yet made his debut for the senior national side.

The defender helped the Reds reach the Champions League final after eleven years.

Ronaldo is going for his fifth Champions League winner’s medal having also lifted the trophy with Manchester United in 2008.

Alexander-Arnold who classed Ronaldo as “one of the best players ever”, is confident the Portuguese can be shut down by an improving Liverpool defence.

“Obviously it will be,” he said when asked if facing Ronaldo is the biggest challenge of his young career.

“He’s one of the best players ever. He’s done unbelievable things in the game, but he’s got weaknesses as well, as every player has.

“On Saturday we’ll try to exploit them and stop him from doing what he does best, to stop him from scoring.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/24/champions-league-final-ill-expose-cristiano-ronaldos-weaknesses-alexander-arnold/

Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by princeemmma(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2018
this small guy undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by ikbnice(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2018
Let's wait and see
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 24, 2018
Him go just nutmeg you, you go know the difference between Liverpool city and City of Madrid.
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by opera1(m): 5:57pm On May 24, 2018
Let's do d talking on d field of play.
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by daveP(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2018
Alex is still Alex until he does stop Ronaldo. Then he can be tagged Alex The Great.

You'll never walk Alone.
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by EbukaHades10(m): 6:45pm On May 24, 2018
YNWA
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by paulos8: 6:53pm On May 24, 2018
This Alex guy is really good... He marked sane when they played man City... And also van dijk... They are good
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 24, 2018
paulos8:
This Alex guy is really good... He marked sane when they played man City... And also van dijk... They are good
sane is small a boy. Ronaldo and Marcello are hitting him simultaneously in fact it's Marcelo that will deal with him. It's dem van dijk that will focus on Ronaldo because he no longer play wing
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by captainbangz: 9:02pm On May 24, 2018
RED CARD DEY SLEEP, TROUBLE DEY COME WAKE AM...........

2 Likes

Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by thoollz: 12:46pm On May 25, 2018
lilbest4:
sane is small a boy. Ronaldo and Marcello are hitting him simultaneously in fact it's Marcelo that will deal with him. It's dem van dijk that will focus on Ronaldo because he no longer play wing

Marcelo should overlap and Salah would make him pay for it.

I also see Carvajal, Casemeiro or Ramos getting either a yellow or red card in that game.

1 Like

Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 25, 2018
thoollz:

Marcelo should overlap and Salah would make him pay for it.

I also see Carvajal, Casemeiro or Ramos getting either a yellow or red card in that game.
that's actually the trap. Even klopp agreed that such tactics wouldn't work. Marcelo overlaps salah jams varane if he escapes he jam Ramos.

1 Like

Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by thoollz: 2:04pm On May 25, 2018
lilbest4:
that's actually the trap. Even klopp agreed that such tactics wouldn't work. Marcelo overlaps salah jams varane if he escapes he jam Ramos.

So varane can outrun Salah? Ramos won't tackle without getting a caution from d ref
Re: Champions League Final: I’ll Expose Cristiano Ronaldo’s Weaknesses – Alex Arnold by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 25, 2018
thoollz:

So varane can outrun Salah? Ramos won't tackle without getting a caution from d ref
which salah are you even talking about, the one ordinary Rudiger pocketed during Chelsea match?

Varane doesn't have to outrun him all they will do is block their shots send it to kroos that's the end.

Even Messi agreed that Real Madrid is currently the best team in the world.
His reason being that Real always get positive results no matter how badly they play.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SAD NEWS FOR Real...cristiano Ronaldo Not Guaranteed A Start Against Liverpool, / Nigeria Penalty Claim: Was Referee Wrong Over VAR Decision? / 5 Sure Odds Every Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.