Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,971 members, 7,936,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:47 AM

Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned (1335 Views)

Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan / Oliseh Replaces Enyeama With Femi Thomas / Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned by novaman: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2010
Due to the work load on my hands I couldn't see the Opening Ceremony, but eventually when I saw it, I was so proud to see that Nigeria was fully represented when Femi Kuti performed, but BANG BANG BANG? I couldn't believe when I asked and I was told that the local stations including NTA and AIT that showed it never muted the audio of that performance, or has the BAN placed on that track been lifted? Do you think Femi Kuti would have been allowed to perform if Nigeria had hosted or even performing that controversial track, Thank God South Africa gave me a reason that the song was only a song like I thought many years ago.
Re: Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned by semid4lyfe(m): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2010
And this is worth a thread? undecided

Rubbish!
Re: Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Rubbish!

like you know everything! angry
Re: Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned by Mustay(m): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2010
It was news for me to hear it being banned. A presenter while reporting the ceremony even disclosed he could not pronounce the title on Air.
Re: Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned by novaman: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Rubbish!

You can ask the moderator to delete it; I will like to know your contribution on Nairaland, except trying to be relevant knowing you have nothing to offer, no matter how small an effort is it not worth calling it rubbish to make it sound as if you know anything at all.

@Mustay, thank you, this is the same reason some Nigerians living abroad can't return, inspite of all the call for them to returned, I believe that the govt should have given the radio stations instruction to air the song only at nights same with the TV stations, and not an outright ban

(1) (Reply)

Football And Money-making / Balotelli Dares Real Madrid: 'win And All Of You Can Have Sèx With My Girlfriend / Live Match:-barcelona Vs Athletico Madrid {supercopa Final Second Leg Match}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.