Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,488 members, 7,961,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

My Rag Day Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Rag Day Experience (514 Views)

Lecturer Uses Student's Rag Day Picture As Cover Page For Text Book / Federal Polytechnic, Oko Rag Day In Pictures / NOCEN Anambra Student's Rag Day Costume Got People Talking (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Rag Day Experience by adamsflick(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
Please do not mind my blunders thank you.

I woke up feeling really pressed, so i rushed to the bathroom to ease myself. I was still easing myself when my phone rang in the room. Dad said he was gonna call in the morning because i asked him for money the night before i didn't bother to finish up then i dashed back to the room to grab my phone that had been crying for attention on my bed just like a little child. I was a little bit disappointed when i saw the caller's name on the screen, it was Eze, I was at Eze's place the day before and he kept telling me of how he was gonna make a lot of money while ragging and he was urging me to join him in the adventure. Truth is, i had never thought about going out to rag not even in my first year when we were so curious and would try anything for fun. I picked Eze's call, and he wouldn't take no for an answer. So i gave in eventually, dropped the call and waited for him to show up at my place.

Typing....

1 Like

Re: My Rag Day Experience by adamsflick(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
Eze arrived at my place all dressed like a mad man, his face was painted in stripes and if not for the Mapoly Identity card that was hanging loosely on his neck I'd have thought he was really mad. He told me there was no time then he asked me to bring an old Jean he could redesign, so i did he then redesigned it into what looked like a mad man's apparel. He asked for an old shirt, i gave it to him and he did the same thing he did to the Jean to the shirt as well well then he asked me to put them on. I would have hesitated but oh well he kept urging me to be fast about getting dressed and i thought, for Eze to be so serious about this then maybe he was really gonna make a bucket load of money because for a fact, Dad still hasn't called and i could use any help i could get. I got dressed, then we hit the road all looking crazy and tattered i didn't know what to expect but i trusted Eze so no problem.

1 Like

Re: My Rag Day Experience by Emperoradrian(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
Following, com continue ur story Na, * sits on a bench munching my pop corn as I wait for op to continue...... mak nobody beg me popcorn o*
Re: My Rag Day Experience by adamsflick(m): 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
We got to the junction that led to my house, Eze said he had a plan, his plan was to have us go to Sango from Abeokuta, i asked him why we have to go that far, then he said we wouldn't make enough and considering the fact that alot of Mapoly students would be at Abeokuta, we just will not make enough so i succumbed. We boarded a bike that took us to Obada from the junction that led to my house, when we got to Obada, we saw a couple of Mapoly students who had the same plan Eze had, they were running to hop on an empty dangote cement truck headed for Sango before i knew it, Eze bolted towards the direction of the truck i followed suit and in a couple of minutes we were at the back of the cement truck. I have never being in a situation like this before never but we've already set out and there's no going back.
Re: My Rag Day Experience by adamsflick(m): 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
The truck stopped precisely at Sango garage, we alighted then Eze reached into his bag for 2 Milo cans Marked 'Donations' he handed one to me and gave me instructions he said all you need to do is, approach anyone, be it man or woman, sister or brother, then say Uncle or Aunty: we be students o, anything for your boy, five naira ten naira na money o" then i asked him if they were really gonna give us five naira and ten naira really? Because i wouldn't have to come this far with this disgracing apparel for so small an amount, then he said i was stupid that it was only a strategy.

We set out and like we planned, people fell for the rag thingy thing and we were making money like we thought we should but it wasn't so easy, sometimes, Eze had to dance i joined in too everything seemed fine only if we knew what would happen still

(1) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan 2018/2019 Admission Is On Sale / Top 10 Nigerian University And World Ranking (2018) / 10 Fully Funded Scholarships Applied By Most International Students 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.