Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,145 members, 7,936,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 04:07 PM

Still On Ekiti Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Still On Ekiti Election (444 Views)

Why We Resisted Fayose’s Ambush On Ekiti Assembly – Ekiti Speaker / Election: NBC Imposes N500, 000 Fine On Ekiti Broadcasting Service / Ekiti Election: Fayemi Meets Tinubu And Akande (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still On Ekiti Election by respect80(m): 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
According to the result of the Ekiti gubernatorial election as officially announced by INEC, APC was said to have won 12 out of a total of 16 Local Governments in the state leaving only 4 local governments which were won by PDP.

Now check this out

If PDP won just 4 LGs and APC won 12 LGs, how comes the win margin between APC and PDP is just by 19535 votes.
Is it that the 4 LGs where PDP won are 3 times more populated than the ones APC won?

Below is the total result as announced by INEC.

APC- 197,462 winner
PDP- 177,927

NB: I'm just an advocate of democracy and someone who believe in justice and fairness so no insults please, only logical analysis...

1 Like

Re: Still On Ekiti Election by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
ONCE MORE, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE APC & FAYEMI
GOD BLESS EKITI
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Still On Ekiti Election by Dotwhyz(m): 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2018
go and ask independence of national electoral commission. for more details.
Re: Still On Ekiti Election by respect80(m): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2018
Me, when youths clamor for opportunity to participate in politics but still personalize political parties more than their own principles.
That's why corruption is not corruption when you're benefiting from it.

Re: Still On Ekiti Election by hammer6F: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2018
[s]
ALMUSTAQIM:
ONCE MORE, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE APC & FAYEMI

GOD BLESS EKITI

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
[/s]

WE WILL NOT ACCEPTING RIGGING.

UNDER THE CARPET IS FULL, THEIR IS NO MORE ROOM FOR SWEEPING CRAP UNDER THE CARPET.

#EKITI DESERVE BETTER.
Re: Still On Ekiti Election by SUPERPACK: 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
respect80:
According to the result of the Ekiti gubernatorial election as officially announced by INEC, APC was said to have won 12 out of a total of 16 Local Governments in the state leaving only 4 local governments which were won by PDP.

Now check this out

If PDP won just 4 LGs and APC won 12 LGs, how comes the win margin between APC and PDP is just by 19535 votes.
Is it that the 4 LGs where PDP won are 3 times more populated than the ones APC won?

APC- 197,462 winner
PDP- 177,927

NB: I'm just an advocate of democracy and someone who believe in justice and fairness so no insults please, only logical analysis...

2 Likes

Re: Still On Ekiti Election by bakaredc: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
I have heard dis line of argument and i felt really disappointed, well let me say no more on DAT. Now let me ewxplain to u dis way..if for example in ado, APC polled 20,000 votes and PDP polled 19,999 votes. From that figure who won that local govt? APC won eventhough its with 1 vote. Its a simple majority system . no magic there[quotesquote author=respect80 post=69529822]According to the result of the Ekiti gubernatorial election as officially announced by INEC, APC was said to have won 12 out of a total of 16 Local Governments in the state leaving only 4 local governments which were won by PDP.

Now check this out

APC- 197,462 winner
PDP- 177,927

NB: I'm just an advocate of democracy and someone who believe in justice and fairness so no insults please, only logical analysis... [/quote]
Re: Still On Ekiti Election by respect80(m): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
SUPERPACK:
[/quote]

Good job.
Any critical analysis of this result leaves the whole outcome of this election questionable.

As for those who are so drunk with love for political parties, it's only a matter of time when they will be holding the sharp edge of the knife.
Rather than advocating for better democracy, we the youths of this generation have allowed our love for political parties to be cloud our sense of judgement.
Very unfortunate
Re: Still On Ekiti Election by respect80(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
bakaredc:
I have heard dis line of argument and i felt really disappointed, well let me say no more on DAT. Now let me ewxplain to u dis way..if for example in ado, APC polled 20,000 votes and PDP polled 19,999 votes. From that figure who won that local govt? APC won eventhough its with 1 vote. Its a simple majority system . no magic there
No bro, there's obviously something fishy about this result.
From what you said, it means if 4 LGs were to vote for only PDP and 12 LGs vote for only APC, the result would still be the same.
Which is not possible

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Says Northern Elders, Others Selfish, Shedding Crocodile Tears / Owa Obokun Congratulates Femi Kehinde / “President Buhari Has No Free Money To Give, But He Has A Better Future For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.