Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,984 members, 7,936,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:51 AM

Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User (20740 Views)

Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines / Armed Gangsters Rob Homes With POS In Lagos & Ogun During Lockdown / Policeman Seen With POS, Asking A Passenger To Bring His ATM Card (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
Things are getting scarier and crazy!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by stano2(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
Old format, no b today
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
Crime just got major upgrades under this government. Its now core i9 12gig Ram kind of crime we see nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by megareal: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
30 Armed robbers? Na coaster bus dem use come rob?

Twitter liars

No lies. That's the current trend. They come 30, 40, 50, divide themselves up and simultaneously rob different houses while a designated group is on the lookout for vigilantes and the police. They so time themselves that they finish at the precise time and vamoose with their loots.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by xreal: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2018
SARS also have their POS, so no big deal.

This is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by sekem: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Blame CBN.

They mandated we all go cashless & you supported so stop complaining and punch in your PIN.

Are you trying to say going cashless is not a nice move?

I hope you're not one of the said armed robbers this one you are urging victims to just punch in their PINs...?

In fact, I am already suspecting you.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2018
They probably got the idea from some churches who use POS.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by lazynairalander1: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2018
Twitter and lies eh.
every time this Twitter users are creating new lies.
check my SIGNATURE
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
oweman:
Check them out the robbers are most likely boo people .

what kinda barbaric punishment is this? shocked
frankly, i wouldn't be stealing Anything from that village. they are worst than Evil.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
they have gone digital? i don't blame them, everything is digital nowadays.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
megareal:

No lies. That's the current trend. They come 30, 40, 50, divide themselves up and simultaneously rob different houses while a designated group is on the lookout for vigilantes and the police. They so time themselves that they finish at the precise time and vamoose with their loots.
How much 30 people wan thief? If you split 300k into 30 na 10k be that o, 600k na 20k and 900k na 30k. You wan say 30 people go go rob because of less than 50k each? Abi how much wey students want give them?

Make una easy o

4 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
goodconscience:
They probably got the idea from some churches who use POS.
POS for what? Are such churches engaged in commercial services?
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by ollah2: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
30 armed robbers with guns and different POS chose the lodge of all places to rob. A mod moved this to the promised land, se.un find that mod and unmod him
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

How much 30 people wan thief? If you split 300k into 30 na 10k be that o, 600k na 20k and 900k na 30k. You wan say 30 people go go rob because of less than 50k each? Abi how much wey students want give them?

Make una easy o
for the Offa bank robberies some eye witnesses said the armed robbers numbered up to 200 men. These ones wey dem catch is not up to one quater of the men wey operate dat day. Most armed robbers if dem wan operate move in very large numbers.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Blame CBN.

They mandated we all go cashless & you supported so stop complaining and punch in your PIN.

At our last meeting u no show,why?

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Blame CBN.

At our last meeting u no show,why?

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Bakerdav: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
They will get d owner of the pos at your bank
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by megareal: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Make una easy o

Tonye, I know say you no dey gree for argument but that's what ongoing in Uyo currently. That's how one of our tenants was robbed. They will invade as many houses as possible along a street, operate simultaneously and disappear. They break walls, remove aluminum windows and enter the houses through any means. They don't even require the occupants to open the doors for them sef. So it's really possible for that to happen in an hostel.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
lefulefu:
for the Offa bank robberies some eye witnesses said the armed robbers numbered up to 200 men. These ones wey dem catch is not up to one quater of the men wey operate dat day. Most armed robbers if dem wan operate move in very large numbers.

Offa BANK robbery...

They robbed more than 3 banks and at least each Bank will give nothing less than 30 million naira (I'm being very modest here).

30 million naira * 3 gives 90 million.

The minimum each guys will get 200-300k...

Now compare that with University students that are usually broke!

Don't forget, "bank jobs" is the most lucrative in that useless trade

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by vicdaram(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2018
Wonderful! Nothing is impossible in this country of ours. Cashless robbery is the name.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Miles300: 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Blame CBN.

hahahah this got me laffing
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by samzy(m): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2018
something that happen here in ibeju lekki also
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by kingthreat(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
Rob with POS, won't the account connected to the POS be caught?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by lonelydora: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
30 Armed robbers? Na coaster bus dem use come rob?

Twitter liars

You don't stay in Rivers state. Haven't you heard what is happening in Eleme atm? They come in number greater than 20 people with guns and matchete.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
kingthreat:
Rob with POS, won't the account connected to the POS be caught?

i like your brain,

all pos are connected to bank account and can be traced from your bank statement.

very easy to catch the thieves,if this story is true

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Offa BANK robbery...

They robbed more than 3 banks and at least each Bank will give nothing less than 30 million naira (I'm being very modest here).

30 million naira * 3 gives 90 million.

The minimum each guys will get will by 200-300k...

Now compare that with University students that are usually broke!

Don't forget, "bank jobs" is the most lucrative in that useless trade

well there are some foolish armed robbers in naija . Around 2013 during the african nations cup wen naija played in the finals and won d cup. I remember after d match end for the viewing center wey i go... I took one road path towards my pad. Na so two guys on bike block my path. The passenger jump comot for bike point gun at me make i gave am my nokia 3310 phone. I no argue ..i remove my sim and gave d phone to him and walked away. So bros is it not stupid using a gun to rob someone of nokia 3310? How much will they sell it? At most 1500 naira.even d money dem probably use buy the gun will be more than d amount they will get if they sell dat phone. So bro some robbers dey quite foolish. U will see 80 armed men with ak47 robbing a local super market wey dem dey sell bourvinta,cornflakes and ribena. Guy,many robbers are dense in nigeria.we should stop thinking they are as intelligent as the ones we see on hollywood.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2018
lefulefu:
well there are some foolish armed robbers in naija . Around 2013 during the african nations wen naija played in the finals and won d cup. I remember after d match end for the viewing center wey i go... I took one road path towards my pad. Na so two guys on bike block my path. The passenger jump comot for bike point gun at me make i gave am my nokia 3310 phone. I no argue ..i remove my sim and gave d phone to him and walked away. So bros is it not stupid using a gun to rob someone of nokia 3310? How much will they sell it? At most 1500 naira.even d money dem probably use buy the gun will be more than d amount they will get if they sell dat phone. So bro some robbers dey quite foolish. U will see 80 armed men with ak47 robbing a local super market wey dem dey sell bourvinta,cornflakes and ribena. Guy,many robbers are dense in nigeria.we should stop thinking they are as intelligent as the ones we see on hollywood.

Na true sha. Their mumu never do
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by bigtt76(f): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
But if they use POS to rob, whose bank account is the money going into naaa? Each POS has an ID through which CBN, the Banks and POS terminal operators can use to track the bank account owner and hence the robbers. undecided

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
thebosstrevor:

i like your brain,

all pos are connected to bank account and can be traced from your bank statement.

some pos robberies have already occured in benin. Na one chance dem dey use. According to one of the victims that came on radio saying how it happened to him, he said the taxi cab he boarded they forced him at gunpoint to slot in his atm card and they collected about 400k according to what he said on radio.if its so easy to use it to trace them then why are they using it with confidence? Or is it that some banks are working with these guys? Anyway man need to shine im eye on d type of vehicle im wan board.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by SniperSmurf(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
kolafolabi:
I believe its so easy to arrest them with the POS

It's easy to catch the account holder.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Na true sha. Their mumu never do
as in eh..dhier mumuity pass times 10.ok look at those offa robbers. Dem be saraki boys. As saraki boys they will be well paid. Anything dem wan ...saraki will give them.so why venture into the risky business of armed robbery when una dey receive steady from saraki. U see as d matter becheesy.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by bigtt76(f): 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2018
Except may be they stole it together with the bank account debit card from a trader and the trader believed they can't use to rob

thebosstrevor:

i like your brain,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Defrauds Stanbic IBTC Bank Of N60 Million / Boko Haram Relocated To N/West, N/Central As Bandits — Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Drug Supplier Caught In Goa, India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.