Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,225 members, 7,936,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:49 PM

Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! (10878 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! / Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Rhydem: 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
12large:

all we are saying no more lagerback my nigeria dream formation now

enyeama,

odiah,        apam,     adeleye,   taiwo/echjile

lukman,        mikel,

okoro,               ibrahim                      obinna

mrtins/chrisantus/emmanuel

I can taste Nations cup and world cup victory with this team!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by babaowo: 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
government took the right decision
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by proudly9ja(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2010
tempest01:

Long Overdue. . .As a parent will u withdraw your child from school because he's performing below par?? Seriously i don't know what his advisers are being paid 2 do!!!
If you keep spending money on your child and he continues to repeat the same class while his mates have moved forward, won't you withdraw him and seek to know if his 'calling' is somewhere else rather than academics?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by delegiwa(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
proudly9ja:

If you keep spending money on your child and he continues to repeat the same class while his mates have moved forward, won't you withdraw him and seek to know if his 'calling' is somewhere else rather than academics?

Thank you my dear Proudly9ja.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
so FIFA has become so powerful that even d federal republic of nigeria bow to
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by otokx(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
The mistake was made when the president allowed a task force to force the NFF to change AMODU and hire that PENSIONER. Let GOODLUCK leave the NFF to their own wickedness.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by AmakaOne(f): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2010
Folanre:

The full story as revealed by sahara reporters

Written by SaharaReporters, New York
Monday, 05 July 2010 10:47
 Only hours ahead of the FIFA threat to send Nigeria to the soccer freezer, President Goodluck Jonathan today rescinded his widely-criticized decision to suspend Nigeria from international soccer for two years on account of the poor performance of the national team at the 21010 World Cup. The World Cup was seen as the trigger for the decision, but Saharareporters investigations have revealed that the decision was actually aimed at breaking the back of the Amos Adamu-led mafia at the Nigeria Football Federation.  Mr. Adamu is the super-rich and notably corrupt FIFA executive who runs Nigerian football. His wide connections at the highest levels in FIFA and in the ruling elite in Nigeria has seen him holding football administration to ransom.

Mr. Adamu was recalled from South Africa a few days ago by aides to Mr. Jonathan to prevent him from using his connections at FIFA to ban Nigeria after the ill-advised decision was taken to withdraw Nigeria from all FIFA competitions for two years. FIFA then gave the Nigerian authorities 48 hours to withdraw the letter.

Earlier today, Jonathan met with Adamu and decided to change his stance.  Adamu and Jonathan became close when Jonathan superintended over the Under-20 soccer competition while he was VP. The decision, which was reportedly composed and sponsored by the governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, was rescinded for Nigeria so as to avoid FIFA from banning it from competitions that would have seen Nigeria unable to participate in any soccer competitions until 2018!

Saharareporters sources said with the "peaceful resolution" of the standoff today,  Jonathan's people would be allowed to participate and possibly take over the NFF when fresh elections are held in August 2010, a position that was earlier made impossible by Adamu cronies at the NFF who had  already decided on those who could participate in the NFF elections. An extra-ordinary convening of the  NFF congress might be underway to open the way for new members to contest for NFF positions.

For Adamu, it is great reprieve as he gets to retain his position on the FIFA and CAF boards, which would have been overturned had Nigeria been banned by FIFA.

The game of soccer indirectly employs over 1.5 million Nigerians and has become an avenue for talented Nigerians to make it in life even when Nigeria's notorious political elite refuse to provide formal employment for its teeming youth population.

Naija I weep for you cry
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2010
i knw Nigeria president will never hv the balls to defy FIFA grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by MeGaStReEt: 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
Ujujoan:

What are you talking about? Of course it's shameful! It shows lack of consistency.

Isn't it normal for him to have considered the downsides before embarking on a ban! So now he's running for the almighty FIFA!

It's this fire birgade approach that they do in this country that keeps irritating me.

A man should ba able to say someting and stick to it for God sakes, or better yet, keep his mouth shut!  angry  angry  angry

Sister, please take it easy
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Spyker: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2010
Oga GJ, you don disappoint me. Who be FIFA to give us 48hours. Can FIFA give USA or any other European nation such a deadline? If i were the President, i would call FIFA and tell them to ban us for 48years. 48hours my foot.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by chiozor: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2010
Rhydem:

I can taste Nations cup and world cup victory with this team!

sorry i didn't see Kaita in your selection, tongue
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2010
Ujujoan:

What are you talking about? Of course it's shameful! It shows lack of consistency.

Isn't it normal for him to have considered the downsides before embarking on a ban! So now he's running for the almighty FIFA!

It's this fire birgade approach that they do in this country that keeps irritating me.

A man should ba able to say someting and stick to it for God sakes, or better yet, keep his mouth shut!  angry  angry  angry

Thank You. I'm really pissed right now.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by aikuda(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
One thing I don't understand is if some people read other people's comment before commenting. I'm saying this because some people continue to argue blindly that there should have been no ban in the first place. Football administration is different from other internal Nigerian institutions, the president was powerless to make changes to the leadership of NFF because of FIFA rules. Out of fustration he had to pull this stunt.

Yes it is a stunt. But it got him what he wanted- a chance to make changes to the incompentent leadership at NFF. Ofcourse I knew he was always going to rescind the ban. He is too smart to be adamant with the ban and there is too much at stake. What else is there for Nigerians to escape from the perpetual wrangling in the PDP and all the other political parties?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by dammy360: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
I thank God for this but its not over until they give us a give a credible coach like siasia and commited players not a stupid captain that lost a potetial goal and still chewed his gum only to return without any apology to great Nigerians, its indeed a bad thing and shame to Yakubu, Motherfucker,
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Tuyis: 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2010
He would have shown himself to be impulsive and spineless. Why did he ban them in the first place, didn't he realize there will be pressures fron FIFA?

This is one of the problems with leadership in Nigeria, act first and think later!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Akwasi(m): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2010
Very good move by the President. But then if he reverses too many decisions, he will never be respected as he ought to be. I think for this one, he would have been silly to carry his threat through.

Next time Mr. President, make sure you exhaust all possible options before coming out with a decision. All these could have been avoided if the President had consulted those guys that impeached Lulu.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by dolu2007(m): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2010
Good for us all!

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by MeGaStReEt: 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2010
proudly9ja:

@tempest, please answer
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by tkb417(m): 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2010
Spyker:

Oga GJ, you don disappoint me. Who be FIFA to give us 48hours. Can FIFA give USA or any other European nation such a deadline? If i were the President, i would call FIFA and tell them to ban us for 48years. 48hours my foot.
France was threatened with a ban

is France from Asia?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by knice(m): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2010
Good he unbans them so that he will rebrand them because they are unpatriotic and unprofessionals. What Mr. President should do now is to order for the scouting of fresh and talented players especially from our football academy. I believe that Nigeria of about 150 million people can produce 11 talented world class players, Above all, the future will be bright for this country once we start taken radical approaches toward this direction. Goodbye.
FOR RECHARGE CARD PRINTING MANUALS AND SOFTWARE/07033097160
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Spyker: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
tkb417:

France was threatened with a ban

is France from Asia?
Just threatened? Did FIFA give them 48hours?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by sley4life(m): 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2010
Ojo oba must go with Lulu
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Radiant(f): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2010
Spyker:

There's something called rules and regulations or laws if you want. Coming from a lawless country I understand your shameful rage.

Jonathan can go and ffuck an earthworm for all I care! What an airhead of a President!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by proudly9ja(m): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2010
Spyker:

48 hours for what?

Did France withdraw her teams from FIFA organised tourneys?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by naso2(m): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2010
Nigerians are just too funny. When the same people like tkb417 that simply labelled jonathan silly for his earlier action are the same people that condemn this unbanning, then it becomes easy to understand Ebenezer Obey's ketekete song.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
This is high wired politics at its best.

We withdrew from FIFA because FIFA was an obstacle to removing Sani Lulu. Now Sani Lulu has been removed, the Government is well in order to reverse its decision.

This one week upheveal has simply sent a clear message to the NFF guys that this is no joke. They will now all fall in line.

This was never intended to pick a fight with FIFA for the sake of it. This was intended to remove Lulu and Lulu is now gone. The terms and condition of the NFF election in August will be renegotiated.

Government has already achieved it aim and their is nothing spinless about reversing the withdrawal, neither was it a U-Turn because the objective of the action has been achieved.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Novice1(m): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2010
Kai Uncle Joe i never knew you were so chicken hearted.

KAi! I miss ABACHA,
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by tkb417(m): 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2010
Spyker:

shocked shocked shocked
did France ban football for 2 years?

chei, na wa o
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by yme1(f): 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
i knew he was definitely gonna take those words back cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by naso2(m): 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
Novice1:

Kai Uncle Joe i never knew you were so chicken hearted.

KAi! I miss ABACHA,

This is not about being chicken hearted or lion hearted. Its about getting the results you want. pride in itself has little political value. Lulu was hiding under Fifa's immunity and Joe wanted him and other board members out, which has been achieved so why remain inflexible?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by CarlosVent(m): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2010
DATS NICE.

WE DNT NEED TO GO OUT OF FOOTBAL TO SETTLE OUR CRISES LIKE JORGE WEAH SAID.WE NEED TO SOLV IT AND DEN MOVE AHEAD.

THANKS A LOT GJ.

U TRY NO BE SMALL AND NOT COS OF D FIFA BAN BT COS OF OUR INDEPENDENCE SO D YOUTHS CAN STIL REJOICE.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by chidichris(m): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2010
i know say na shakara.
does jonathan even have mind of his own?
nonsense country with nonsense ppl.
the man jonathan just wanted to be noticed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Victor Moses Overrated? / CAF U-20 African Youth Championship: Senegal 2015 / Lionel Messi Helps Obtain 50,000 Covid Vaccines For South American Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.