Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,826 members, 7,962,702 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (445473 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by aroseyi(m): 6:42am On Jun 16, 2011
bt thre scramble channel no work nw.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by wilcinda(m): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2011
I mean the Indian Bouquet - colors,HBO, MTV India (ATN2) DW Black
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lunsat(m): 7:37am On Jun 16, 2011
@all, the channels being talked about (colors, HBO, MTV India) seem to be on W4/7 36E but Thuggle et al are saying they are on W2A 10E. Clarity needed.

Rgds,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2011
@all With 2.4m mesh dish off-set lnb I was unable to track 26e badr 5,6 ku but rather badr 4 ku,l will now get prime focus lnb and give it a try again let the house know.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lunsat(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2011
@Wellydra mkomana,

NSS 12 57E you get with 90cm dish plus KU LNBF.

Arabsat  5A 30.5E you get with 1.8m dish plus C band LNBF. Circular signal is stronger than Linear on this sat so place dialectric plate in throat of LNBF. There are two sets of groves for this inside, use the grooves that place one probe on each side of the plate not the other ones.

Go to this website:http://www.dishpointer.com/
type in your town name and country name and  then locate the sat name on the drop-dawn menu, then drag the green pointer on to the roof of your house on the satellite picture and you will get all the infor you need to know to nail each sat from your location.

Good luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2011
I have been watching recent postings and responses with much disgust. People come here believing that they will be assisted in the problems they have especially if they register. Unfortunately apart from the usual simple questions like ‘how to get Badr or can my 60cm be used for W4/7?’ all ‘difficult’ questions are not getting the attention they deserve. There is a group of self declared ‘GURUS’ that is making sure all ‘tricky’ topics are not discussed here. These fools claim this is a forum where we only discuss FTA, no cardsharing, no dongles, nothing. Looking at what they post it shows they are using a dongle themselves but don’t want others to gain the knowledge. You want us to be wasting time with useless channels when you are watching the best using dongles. I hate you self-centered and egoistic MORONS. You cant cheat me that you were born with total knowledge about these gadgets, why not direct the people to where you got the info if you feel this cannot be discussed here. See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-200327.0.html and see how people were treating each other by then. Dongles and cardsharing were discussed freely with no one telling them off. There are forums out there that discuss and even advertise about dongles and cardsharing, they have been there for years and they are not being closed yet you always argue that this forum will be closed if people discuss these gadgets. Prophets of Doom! You think the solution for service providers in solving the cardsharing issue is by stopping people from ‘discussing dongles and cardsharing’? Myopic! Google around and see the millions of dongles that are being made in China, and they should waste time with Pidzo wanting to buy one dongle somewhere in Africa! My foot! Check the pages you will see providers of dongles right in South Africa, the home of MonoChoice! People should be told in open terms the dangers but allowed to talk in a ‘guarded manner’ but not utterly scorning them. Here cardsharing was introduced and proper advice in the next page was given https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.576.html. Stop being Nairaland policemen or Self styled Moderators. Let the ‘REAL MODERATOR’ talk, NOT YOU big mouthed hypocrites (You have dongles in your houses and want others not to have them!). angry angry
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by thuggle(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2011
@ pidzo, that is it. I'm glad you know i'm even gettin fed up of dis. Hmm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 16, 2011
@ pidzo true talk my brother u stole the thunder 4rm me dey only discuss some stupid fta channels where as most of dem uses this dongle. If those stupid and idiot moderator or whatever dey call themselves see any about dongle dey will start raining on whoever posted it, one foolish guy even said that if dongle is discuss and i quote( do u want this thread or forum to be close and d owner arrested) arrest my foot. Go to other site u will see all this been discuss freely without any hesitation, 90% of football center in osogbo use dis dongle and i have never seen or hear anybody arrested. Those chinesse who produce this dongle produce legally and it was shipped in d country legally or how did it pass tru d port custom e.t.c without clerification. Let help our self in dis fucking nairaland site.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by thuggle(m): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2011
na true talk

Adetayo100:

@ pidzo true talk my brother u stole the thunder 4rm me dey only discuss some silly fta channels where as most of dem uses this dongle. If those silly and moderator or whatever dey call themselves see any about dongle dey will start raining on whoever posted it, one foolish guy even said that if dongle is discuss and i quote( do u want this thread or forum to be close and d owner arrested) arrest my foot. Go to other site u will see all this been discuss freely without any hesitation, 90% of football center in osogbo use dis dongle and i have never seen or hear anybody arrested. Those chinesse who produce this dongle produce legally and it was shipped in d country legally or how did it pass tru d port custom e.t.c without clerification. Let help our self in dis bleeping nairaland site.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akatonero(m): 9:54am On Jun 16, 2011
Pidzo:

I have been watching recent postings and responses with much disgust. People come here believing that they will be assisted in the problems they have especially if they register. Unfortunately apart from the usual simple questions like ‘how to get Badr or can my 60cm be used for W4/7?’ all ‘difficult’ questions are not getting the attention they deserve. There is a group of self declared ‘GURUS’ that is making sure all ‘tricky’ topics are not discussed here. These fools claim this is a forum where we only discuss FTA, no cardsharing, no dongles, nothing. Looking at what they post it shows they are using a dongle themselves but don’t want others to gain the knowledge. You want us to be wasting time with useless channels when you are watching the best using dongles. I hate you self-centered and egoistic MORONS. You cant cheat me that you were born with total knowledge about these gadgets, why not direct the people to where you got the info if you feel this cannot be discussed here. See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-200327.0.html and see how people were treating each other by then. Dongles and cardsharing were discussed freely with no one telling them off. There are forums out there that discuss and even advertise about dongles and cardsharing, they have been there for years and they are not being closed yet you always argue that this forum will be closed if people discuss these gadgets. Prophets of Doom! You think the solution for service providers in solving the cardsharing issue is by stopping people from ‘discussing dongles and cardsharing’? Myopic! Google around and see the millions of dongles that are being made in China, and they should waste time with Pidzo wanting to buy one dongle somewhere in Africa! My foot! Check the pages you will see providers of dongles right in South Africa, the home of MonoChoice! People should be told in open terms the dangers but allowed to talk in a ‘guarded manner’ but not utterly scorning them. Here cardsharing was introduced and proper advice in the next page was given https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.576.html. Stop being Nairaland policemen or Self styled Moderators. Let the ‘REAL MODERATOR’ talk, NOT YOU big mouthed hypocrites (You have dongles in your houses and want others not to have them!). angry angry
u re gettin everytin wrong here.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Wiserfool: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2011
Hello all. I have been a regular vizitor here but never regsterd. I have regsterd bicoz of the topic above. Pidzo, you are THE MAN. You talk straight, ALWAYS, call spade a spade. Someone says you got all wrong here, what wrong is it, name it. Get read the posts Pidzo quoted of previous Nairaland discussions. Fire grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by DARELESTIN(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2011
For all dat need my contact, am very sorry my moderm network is not co-operating all, dat is y i ve not being able to access d forum. st.kunleexjoint@yahoo.com or 08030797313 smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gkw: 10:20am On Jun 16, 2011
@pidzo , i salute u 4 the courage . . Sayin it like it is . I forsee a period when we will be all using dongles and lyin to each other about fta rubbish .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2011
@pidzo or whatever your name is, in ur country malawi i believe u have rules and regulation isn't? every forum every web page has its own rules and regulation, dongle and cardsharing is not permitted on this forum you can rant as u long as u can, one of the major reason why we do have backyard forum so that you can discuss this thing, but unfortunately you choose to abuse those who uve learned from, well guessing from wia u from i wont blame u much,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by mickyhans(m): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2011
Am in Ghana and wants to know if someone is organising for the pruchase of the dongles.
Seth are u around? Try to call but couldn't get through.
Count me in o o o o .
My contact is 0263009639.

Thx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2011
@pidzo or whatever your name is,  in your country malawi i believe u have rules and regulation isn't? every forum every web page has its own rules and regulation,  dongle and cardsharing is not permitted on this forum you can rant as u long as u can,  one of the major reason why we do have backyard forum so that  you can discuss this thing,  but unfortunately you choose to abuse those who uve learned from,  well guessing from wia u from i wont blame u much,  
@Twinskenny
Dont be a fool. What has my home country got to do with expressing my feelings? You think you are more superior to me simply because of where you come from? Why not talk issues you brainless fool? I have presented my argument and instead of arguing them with facts you are bringing in an issue of my origins. Pure signs of a brainless and myopic fellow. And you talk that I should thank those that have taught me, TELL THE FORUM WHAT IT IS THAT YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME. And who made you the moderator? Who needs more evidence that you are the captain of the group of 'FOOLS' I referred to earlier?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2011
@pidzo

i no you learn so many things on FTA from those people you call fools and now you even say FTA is nonsenses from your mouth?.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:56am On Jun 16, 2011
@aka tonero Nothing is impossible in this forum,you only have to ask.semd me email,, through gadotor@gmail.com Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:58am On Jun 16, 2011
cont, text or call on 00233203558708.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2011
olofofo:

@george

badr in lagos is limited to a few TPs  on 3m, and it's incredible that nilesat signal is even better in the south south. how's hotbird over there? Pito keep complaining that you guys do not receive hotbird at all. have yo tried it?

@olofofo,
The badr footprint appears to favour the south-east and south-south better than south-west. For hotbird, I think its more like nilesat to the north. I haven't really tried it on my 3m but I'm sure it won't be any difficult to track than nilesat.

BTW: My move to badr is just a temporary measure and God willing I should be back to nilesat very soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lunsat(m): 11:16am On Jun 16, 2011
This is getting to be a flame war. Someone with a legal mind needs to step in and help us. As a layman I googled the internet and came across a discussion where a similar topic was discuused and this sentence rang a bell about our debate here:

"Free to air= Legal, Modified fta box = Illegal.

That's it in a nutshell. If you're using an FTA receiver for it's "intended" purpose, i.e.; receiving FTA channels, then it's 100% legal to do so. IF you've modified that receiver by loading 3rd party software into it to intercept or decrypt proprietary signal from Dish Network, Bell Express Vu, or any other satellite content provider, then it is 100% ILLEGAL."

I saw a picture of a microbox dongle on the internet and it seemed it is labeled as an FTA reciever. In Its sold state it can't decrypt an encrypted channel just like a Strong reciever or dreambox can't. So the manufacturer is in the clear. You have to go to a site to download firmware written by unknown people that when loaded now turns the "dongle FTA reciever" into a dongle descrambler of encrypted channels. Again the manufactuer is in the clear because he is not responsible for what customers or third party software makers do to the reciever.

The people who wrote the software are in the clear because they are anonimous and the download site could be located halfway round the world in a country where the law and rights of the channels being affected can't apply or the servers are in an anonimous basement somewhere on earth. If you as a dongle buyer in Africa are cought by say  D**TV you are within their foot print and jurisdiction in a country where they have been lincensed to do business and if found you can be procecuted using your countrys laws . You are only in the clear because they dont know you are using a dongle or where you are and they can't do a door to door search all over the country. Everything we do beyond FTA is at owners risk.

What about the forum owner? There is something called abetting crime. If people use your house to plan a robbery or as a crime training college and you know about it but allow them to continue are you in the clear? This is dicy, thats why there is a risk of the forum owner closing the sub-forum if we continue with public and open discussion of the dongle thing and we all lose. Maybe in the past dicussion was open about this because we didnt know about the implication but if you ask the gurus of the house they might tell you that there are lessons they learnt over the years on what is required to protect the forum. I am a member of an Australian forum where similar issues are discused and in there they were able to quote specific written legal warnings that they recieved from service providers which led them to restrict certain discussions or posting of keys just like this forum is doing.

How then can you learn about this stuff?   By pm, email, phone, or the so called backyard, if you are a member, away from the open forum. You can also visit the other sites that dont care about being closed down or that have immunity which this site I would think doesnt have. As an example the Crosat site has this sentence at the bottom of the page:

"Terms of use.
By entering this site you hereby agree to these terms and conditions. Code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995. Code 431.322.12 established that you can not threaten our ISP(s), Internet Service Providers, or any person(s) or company(s) storing these files, and can not prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page, which includes family(s), friends or individuals who own, run from this web-site. By continuing to enter this site, you are expressly and impliedly agreeing to all terms as stated above, and affirm that you are in compliance with all federal, state and local laws concerning the content of this site."

I am sure our Nigerian brothers are not protected by this Bill Clinton law. So lets help them by cooperating with the rules of the forum.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2011
I don't have problem with any group being clandestine but at least people should be encourage to post or discuss issues related to dongles in separate thread other than the fta thread because it's still an off topic rather makin' it a taboo in www.nairaland.com as a whole.the problem is the lack of any website in africa that deals entirely with issues related to satelite technology and discussion like they've got in europe asia and america, most of the sites are illegal tho!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2011
jayboskie7:

George-D,please i read about informatn u posted about press tv,dena tv and canal+.please tel me hw to go about it.Thanks

@jayboskie7,
Check my post on page 162. I think it's self explanatory

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475178.5152.html#msg8515607
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2011
@Eltonluigi
Well said Bro. You have brains and here you are talking facts and not shit. I respect your views here and thanks.
@All
Construtive ideas like the one from Lunsat are very welcome from all. No selfish ideas here cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akatonero(m): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2011
gadotor:

@aka tonero Nothing is impossible in this forum,you only have to ask.semd me email,, through  gadotor@gmail.com   Thank you
I hv been in this forum for a very long time b4 I even made my 1st post it takes me lik six months by then I hv even started installin multi tv cos dat is d first satellite I installed then they used backyard to say tins lik dongle card Sharin n other tins dou I was not a member I applied n my application was nt granted so I relaxed but I hv contacts of members there so dey giv me watever is discussed there.wat I do is free browsin on phone n laptops and laptop softwares so I add free to air satellite to my life n it has been given me change in my pocket since then.but the rules here say DONGLES N CARDSHARIN shud bt be discussed open here but sm people just dnt want to listen in doz days post lik this dismissed even they ban u from visitin the site but nowadays I just dnt know wat the moderator is doin. THIS IS A FREE TO AIR SATELLITE TV TECHNOLOGY SITE AND NOT DOUNGLE FREE TO AIR!!! That is y email n phone numbers is been drop here wen cases lik dongle comes up used email n phone to discuss it not pastin it here.those dat has ear let them here. I will call u now on phone.thank u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by isomadtech(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2011
@Pidzo,
you have a point in what you are saying but the rules and regulations must be obeyed. Those types of information can only be gotten thru backyard and there is a place for you to apply. people are breaking rules here and it must be condemned for God's sake. African leaders become problem to their people all because they want to stay above the laws of their land, they bend it to suit their own purpose. If we the people that are condemning them cannot abide by simple rules then what are we ranting about.
My own say is that people should endeavour to go back to read rules and regulations of this forum, then you will be well guided in what you ask for. Let them look somewhere else for the dongle stuff. our section is not the only one on Nairaland and if we now forced the whole site to be closed down then we are not being fair in our thinking. Lunsat has said a lot, please let us all endeavour to make this forum a mature one and do things the way they are supposed to be done.
Pidzo, going thru your profile, i found out that you just registered oin April 2011. That means you are just about two months old in the forum, you have to tread sofly and dont scatter the forum with your ratings. God bless you all.

@Lunsat
Good talk

@all,
Be ready to comply with rules and regulations.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2011
isomadtech:

@Pidzo,
you have a point in what you are saying but the rules and regulations must be obeyed. Those types of information can only be gotten thru backyard and there is a place for you to apply. people are breaking rules here and it must be condemned for God's sake. African leaders become problem to their people all because they want to stay above the laws of their land, they bend it to suit their own purpose. If we the people that are condemning them cannot abide by simple rules then what are we ranting about.
My own say is that people should endeavour to go back to read rules and regulations of this forum, then you will be well guided in what you ask for. Let them look somewhere else for the dongle stuff. our section is not the only one on Nairaland and if we now forced the whole site to be closed down then we are not being fair in our thinking. Lunsat has said a lot, please let us all endeavour to make this forum a mature one and do things the way they are supposed to be done.
Pidzo, going thru your profile, i found out that you just registered oin April 2011. That means you are just about two months old in the forum, you have to tread sofly and dont scatter the forum with your ratings. God bless you all.

@Lunsat
Good talk

@all,
Be ready to comply with rules and regulations.

Thank you, i wont answer Mr rule breaker, cos i dont still understand whats paining him so much,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
@aka tonero,
Don't even bother your head.Let them say what they want to say.Maybe it's just because they've never been arrested that is why.Malawi may be sparsely populated over a wide area of land and might not be bringing in much revenue to the paytv operators so you may go scot free with opening your mouth loud but hear in Nigeria and Ghana people get arrested everyday.Why?Because this is where all paytv companies make most of their money.I've seen it with my own eyes.From MyTV,Dstv and even Hitv.Hitv will just go around and catch you just based on tips and you the fellow will go and face the consequences alone but with Dstv,they are the very tricky ones.They have spies on most African forums and here on Nairaland i can tell you for a fact.What they do is build friendships,get to know your contacts and your contact's contacts.Allowing you to operate freely comfortably.They then come after years of understanding you and your circle of friends and sweep you all out.So maybe i might helped you sometime and you may know me a bit but because of your lack of caution,they might get me in the net someday through you.
@The rest
I've never heard anyone say they were never helped out of the forum by the so-called GURU's you are talking about,have you?(Going to all those in favour of Pidzo)
I'm sure all your answers will be a big "NO".So why don't you go ahead and ask?*You are already stealing and you want the whole world to know you are stealing?What kind of genius are you?!*All everyone is saying is,do yours dealings in a controlled manner outside the forum so that in any case the forum will seem above board in relations to any criminal activities.Is that too hard to understand?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ike1844: 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
ALL
A NEW CHANNEL @ EUTELSAT W3,AFRICA MEDIA TV .12728H30000. RESCAN NOW grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2011
@ George-D plz sir u got mail, i kindly Await ur reply , thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2011
@hisoccer,
Check your mailbox. I have replied.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by jayboskie7: 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2011
Hello DARELESTIN,i read about what you potsed in the forum.please how can i track All JSC +1 to +10 and many other more channels.i would be expecting your reply as soon as possible

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.