Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,892 members, 7,959,801 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Kanu Can Coach Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Can Coach Eagles (563 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Can Coach Eagles by iz2much: 10:46am On Jul 09, 2010
NIGERIA’s senior national team’s technical adviser Lars Lagerback has tipped Portsmouth FC of England’s leggy striker Nwankwo Kanu as the best prospect to handle the Super Eagles in the future.

NIGERIA’s senior national team’s technical adviser Lars Lagerback has tipped Portsmouth FC of England’s leggy striker Nwankwo Kanu as the best prospect to handle the Super Eagles in the future.

Disclosing this to newsmen inside the conference room in Durban stadium on Tuesday night Lagerback, who was on the hot seat with Kanu, urged the Nigerian to take to coaching immediately so that he can impact the knowledge that he has acquired playing football for top-class European clubs on younger Nigerian lads.

The Swede appealed to Kanu to proceed on a coaching course where he can update his knowledge further and be taught the rudiments of modern day football.

In his response, Kanu, wore a wiry smile but stated that everything about his future in the game would have to wait since he needs time to reflect on the options before him before making a final decision.

Asked his views on Nigeria’s ouster from the South Africa 2010 World Cup, Kanu said: “If you do not score goals, you do not stand any chance of winning matches and we saw that in the game against South Korea.

We lost so many goal-scoring chances and we paid dearly for it.

“Some of us played poorly but this is not a time to blame anyone. No goals, no victory in football no matter how well people say that you played. Congratulations to South Korea,” Kanu said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/football-golf-boxing/3400.html
Re: Kanu Can Coach Eagles by funmi2010: 11:11am On Jul 09, 2010
He has what it takes, i think.

Re: Kanu Can Coach Eagles by mamagee3(f): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2010
Nigeria needs a tough coach, I mean one that's strict and disciplined.

Though, I think Kanu is a great player, I don't think he would make a good coach because I don't think he has that strict personality.

(1) (Reply)

South Korean Forgets You Can't Use Your Hands In Football / Martins, Nsofor Shine In Europe ! / Rafael Nadal Wins Us Open To Seal Career Grand Slam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.