Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,003 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week (564 Views)

N70,000 New Minimum Wage: This Is What Whatsapp Calculated (Picture) / Shina Abiola Peller Dumps APC, To Announce New Party On Tuesday / FG To Announce New Minimum Wage - NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by 4Ebiscoo: 4:05am On Oct 09, 2018
The federal government will this week announce the figure of the new minimum wage for workers in the country. President of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Ayuba Wabba, who disclosed this yesterday, said this followed the completion of negotiations by the tripartite committee negotiating new wages for workers.

Speaking with journalists in Abuja, he noted that the committee has completed its assignment and is ready for onward submission of its report to President Muhammadu Buhari. According to him, the committee used the two days following the suspension of the strike action by organised labour to reconvene and deliberate on a new minimum wage figure that is acceptable to all employers of labour in the country.

Wabba said, “I want to assure workers that all has been concluded and will be passed for signing within the week. I also want to appreciate the Organised Private Sector, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria and Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA) for their resolve to pay the new minimum wage when it is signed into law”. The NLC president however refused to disclose the figure arrived at by the tripartite committee on the new national minimum wage. Wabba said the presidency would make it public after deliberation at the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting.

LEADERSHIP recallS that organised labour had two years ago demanded for an increase of the minimum wage from its current N18,000 to N56,000. During the submission of memorandum to the tripartite committee negotiating the new minimum wage, the workers later increased the figure to N65,000. Following a series of setbacks, President Buhari in November 2017 inaugurated a tripartite committee to commence negotiations for a national minimum wage.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/fg-to-announce-new-minimum-wage-this.html

Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:07am On Oct 09, 2018
Who cares.....

For three years the idiat took us for a ride, we endured the sufferings and pains because of his foolishness. Now its payback time and we will pay him well.
Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by ETHIX(m): 4:08am On Oct 09, 2018
Yeye dey smell
Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by sarrki(m): 4:09am On Oct 09, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Who cares.....

The hustle is real

Man must wack
Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:10am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:

The hustle is real

Man must wack
I don't earn 30k, I don't need to sell my people for 30k.
Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by sarrki(m): 4:12am On Oct 09, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

I don't earn 30k, I don't need to sell my people for 30k.

It shall never be well with me if I do this for monetary gain

Can you do same ?

If I have ever collected money to support politicians May it not be well with me

Please pray same now

1 Like

Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:

Can you do same ?

If I have ever collected money to support politicians May it not be well with me

Please pray same now

Tell Buhari to give it up.

Election gimmick when he can't enforce states like benue, kogi and osun to pay the old minimum wage to their workers he's trying to enforce new one.
Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by djjoad(m): 6:14am On Oct 09, 2018
Na now morning reach..
Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by xbernardx(m): 6:14am On Oct 09, 2018
Of 30k so that workers go happy small vote the lifeless one grin grin

Atiku, what can you say?
Re: FG To Announce New Minimum Wage This Week by truthfulparrot(m): 6:22am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:

Can you do same ?

Please pray same now
Sarki take it easy. Nigeria politicians are not worth fighting for. It is not good to say negative things about oneself. It shall be well with you

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Lists 64 Achievements Of President Buhari / What One Nairaland Member Wrote About Buhari, You Need To Read This / US Government Indictment Of Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.