Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,935 members, 7,962,986 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

I’ll Rather Suffer Defeat Than Lose My Name—gov Ayade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Rather Suffer Defeat Than Lose My Name—gov Ayade (306 Views)

I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies / South-East Senators Won Election But Allowed Tinubu To Suffer Defeat- Afegbua / "We Are Called Chief Security Officers Only In Name" - Gov. El-rufai (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Rather Suffer Defeat Than Lose My Name—gov Ayade by akinbode1(m): 7:01am On Nov 29, 2018
Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State has allayed fears over his re-election prospects, saying he would rather suffer defeat than lose his name, noting that his performance would earn him a second term.

Governor Ayade, who made the assertion while speaking with newsmen in Calabar, said: “I am not worried about my re-election because my work will speak volumes. We have been able to create thousands of jobs within the last three years in various sectors. “Appointees and employees, who are now in the employment of the government, also know that my re-election is not just about me, but about them. If I don’t come back they will be out of jobs. “Imagine people who earned little or nothing, but now earn above N200,000. Thousands of families are benefiting from our policies and programmes. “I also expanded the size of government with over 6,000 appointees and more people will be appointed. I don’t think I have an issue with my re-election because it is no longer about me, but the people. Ex-militants dismiss threats against Buhari’s re-election “We know that we have had two wonderful governors before I came in. We needed a different move to drive the state forward, which we are doing through industrialisation. Tourism alone is not enough for us to succeed. “I will rather lose an election than lose my name, which is a legacy. I know that the society does not reward efforts, but result.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/ill-rather-suffer-defeat-than-lose-my-name-gov-ayade/

Re: I’ll Rather Suffer Defeat Than Lose My Name—gov Ayade by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 29, 2018
prof is speaking english

are you tired of been broke
if you are

read my profile

(1) (Reply)

Facts Speak / APGA Breaks As AAPGA Emerge / 2015 Polls >DELE MOMUDU Accuses Buhari Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.