Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,013 members, 7,960,227 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. (1299 Views)

Serious Riot In Ariaria Aba, As Police Kills A Man - Photos / Celebration Here In Aba As Okezie Defeat Otti (pics) / Residents Flee After Air-Raids On Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by slap1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2010
I don't know why the papers are yet to report this as it's been on for weeks. The current trend is for kidnappers to write threat letters to landlords and wealthy men, asking them to pay up or risk being kidnapped or killed. In most cases the landlords are the ones that built their houses decades ago, when things were a lot better. So when they can't pay up they're kidnapped and pay as low as N200,000 or more. Others simply flee. My neighbours have recieved their letters today, ours could be coming tonight or tomorrow. Let the government do something about this before it gets worse. If anybody in authority is reading this and wants to get more information, I will gladly oblige. God bless.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by slap1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
In case y'all need proof to this, you can call anybody you know in Aba.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Beaf: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2010
This is just damn terrible! I really feel for you, we should all put you in prayer.
The army needs to be sent in to maintain security.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2010
Beaf:

This is just damn terrible! I really feel for you, we should all put you in prayer.
I've suggested that JTF should be sent in sometimes but somebody attacked me that it will lead to another war.meaning that the ibo would object deployment of troops.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Spyker: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2010
This was the case in Rivers State, Theodore Orji should contact Celestine Omehia as soon as possible to teach him how to handle criminals. Amaechi came in and continue where he stopped.  I now see why only Umuahia is developing in Abia State. He has forgotten Aba.

Someone called from Aba on a radio programme and said exactly what you posted and i was bitter because just at Obiehi (hope i got this right) junction, a young man I know was killed along side five other passengers when there bus (commercial) was fired upon by armed men.

I wonder what Orji will tell Aba people now that he is seeking a second term.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Beaf: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I've suggested that JTF should be sent in sometimes but somebody attacked me that it will lead to another war.meaning that the ibo would object deployment of troops.

JTF is overkill, they are the best armed soldiers in the country. Its just kidnappers.

Spyker:

This was the case in Rivers State, Theodore Orji should contact Celestine Omehia as soon as possible to teach him how to handle criminals. Amaechi came in and continue where he stopped. I now see why only Umuahia is developing in Abia State. He has forgotten Aba.

Someone called from Aba on a radio programme and said exactly what you posted and i was bitter because just as Obiehi (hope i got this right) junction, a young man I know was killed along side five other passengers when there bus (commercial) was fired upon by armed men.

I wonder what Orji will tell Aba people now that he is seeking a second term.

The governor needs to dump any shame, get his act together and get on the phone to the President to send in some troops; because, its difficult to see how he can sort it without outside help.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by EzeUche22(m): 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2010
Something about this needs to be done.

What is the problem with the Ngwa?
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by EzeUche22(m): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2010
Let them have their Aba State. I don't even care anymore.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by bkbabe97y(m): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2010
Ibos eating killing kidnapping Ibos, Oh so surprising! They musta learned it somewhere else!
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by favouredjb(f): 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2010
This situation is critical,so they even have the guts to write letters,troops needs to be deployed asap.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2010
EzeUche22:

Let them have their Aba State. I don't even care anymore.
What has state creation agiation got to do with Kidnapping ?
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by chyz(m): 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2010
I thought the soldiers were already there? Mr. uncle told me ever since the last big bank attack the army as been positioned all over Aba and been trying to flush the hoodlums out.thats a few weeks ago. Have they left or something?
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2010
chyz:

I thought the soldiers were already there? Mr. uncle told me ever since the last big bank attack the army as been positioned all over Aba and been trying to flush the hoodlums out.thats a few weeks ago. Have they left or something?
If they are there,what is the level of their fighting power ? Honestly,me think a heavily-armed soldiers like JTF will be provide the most-nearly expected result here.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2010
Slap1

Do you not think those scary looking, machine gun and machete weilding Bakassi boys are not stakeholders in this criminality? Is it possible for kidnappers to write these letter ahead, and quietly collect their money or pull off their kidnap without the support of Bakassi boys?

Nigeria is a failed state, Police or Vigilante or whoever is charged with security is not interested in security of the people.

Na wah.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by slap1(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2010
What makes me mad is we know these guys, their faces, hometown, etc. The police knows them, too. Among the notorious ones is a guy called Osisikankwu (the tree that is taller than the palm tree). He walks the streets with shoulders high for God's sake!
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by slap1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2010
@Spyker. The junction is called Obehie. It's as deadly as jumping off a moving train. Ignatius Ajuru, Nigeria's former ambassador to Ukraine, was killed there last December.@ALL. May I remind you that the ten thousand soldiers said to have been deployed to Aba is but a charade. The same twenty-naira-possessed clowns I've been seeing are the only ones there are. The said troops probably came for a two-day I.T.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by excanny: 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
EzeUche22:

Something about this needs to be done.

What is the problem with the Ngwa?

You are failing to get to the root of these problems. It's not about Ngwa people being troublesome. All these are reactions to show how the people feel about the bad governance in the state. These boys complained about the poor leadership during the Wahab Oba kidnap, yet no one listen to them after the incident. As to the issue of a state, you are correct. Ngwas do need a seperate state since their land is left undeveloped at the expense of umuahia. 6 local governments out of the 17 in the state. Long live Aba state.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2010
Beaf:

did a certain campaign coordinator not post a thread some weeks ago about how kidnapping was a thing of the past under the messiah's quiet leadership lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 04, 2010
Please am coming with my response, but let me call up my nephew living in Aba first. angry

But really, what has Aba turned to?. shocked

Worked and lived there for 3 years and had some of the most memorable times of my life. After work, I will drive down to Terminus Hotel and hang out with the guys that runs the place for their dad, and only drive home around 11pm - 12am to Ogbor hill junction in a company issued flashy car. On weekends, we will be at the GRA all night long without any fear or molestation. I guessed all that care-free life is gone now.

So sad for the town I spent good and quality time.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by GoldCircle: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2010
The worst thing that can happen to anyone is living in a perpetual state of fear and anxiety; not knowing when it will be your turn for calamity to strike.

@slap1, Just keep praying as the Lord is surely your strength! Let us know when & if you eventually receive your own letter from the kidnappers!
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by slap1(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2010
ilugunboy:

Please am coming with my response, but let me call up my nephew living in Aba first. angry

But really, what has Aba turned to?. shocked

Worked and lived there for 3 years and had some of the most memorable times of my life. After work, I will drive down to Terminus Hotel and hang out with the guys that runs the place for their dad, and only drive home around 11pm - 12am to Ogbor hill junction in a company issued flashy car. On weekends, we will be at the GRA all night long without any fear or molestation. I guessed all that care-free life is gone now.

So sad for the town I spent good and quality time.
Lol at the bolded. That must been during the military era, Ogbor Hill(some parts, though) is already cooking by 7:30pm. It was at Ogbor Hill that about over seven policemen were shot dead before being burnt with their car as they tried to foil the kidnap of an expatriate with 7Up Bottling Company. It was also on the same route that Wahab Oba and his colleagues were kidnapped 2 months ago. Lol, you don't know what here smells like right now.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Pukkah: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2010
slap1:

I don't know why the papers are yet to report this as it's been on for weeks. The current trend is for kidnappers to write threat letters to landlords and wealthy men, asking them to pay up or risk being kidnapped or killed. In most cases the landlords are the ones that built their houses decades ago, when things were a lot better. So when they can't pay up they're kidnapped and pay as low as N200,000 or more. Others simply flee. My neighbours have recieved their letters today, ours could be coming tonight or tomorrow. Let the government do something about this before it gets worse. If anybody in authority is reading this and wants to get more information, I will gladly oblige. God bless.

This is scandalous and is an indication that the government, especially in Abia, has failed. Afterall, the primary essence of government is to protect lives and properties. It is a good thing that you have decided to cry out moreso when the media, the so-called fourth estate of the realm wreck, has failed to bring the embarrassing case to national consciousness.

Crime is a never ending cycle until exterminated. The criminals will begin another round of extortion/kidnapping once the first set of people pay up. They are never satisfied and the people continue to live in fear as described by slap1.

I think the issue is beyond the incompetent Nigeria Police and soldiers need to be deployed (urgently) to return peace to Aba. They should target the kingpins (e.g. the one you gave his name as Osisikankwu) and their cohorts and flush them out of the town. They should aggressively track the criminals from the roads to their rooms, from the hilltops to the treetops, and let the town breathe a well-deserved air of freedom.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2010
^^^^

forget it - amnesty is the new buzzword
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by EzeUche22(m): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2010
I weep for my state! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by otokx(m): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2010
This kidnappers are bent on depopulating the entire commercial cities in the east while their politicians rule from ABUJA
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by halfcurrent(m): 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2010
You are failing to get to the root of these problems. It's not about Ngwa people being troublesome. All these are reactions to show how the people feel about the bad governance in the state. These boys complained about the poor leadership during the Wahab Oba kidnap, yet no one listen to them after the incident. As to the issue of a state, you are correct. Ngwas do need a seperate state since their land is left undeveloped at the expense of umuahia. 6 local governments out of the 17 in the state. Long live Aba state.
[quote][/quote]

What has criminality got to do with agitation for good governance?? We should not always find justifications to back up crime PLEASE!.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by snowdrops(m): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2010
death to all kidnappers
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by Dede1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2010
I pray death to all Nigerian leaders who have denied the right of self-defense to the good people of Nigeria. This rubbish could not have happened in Enyimba city before the civil war.
Re: Residents Flee Aba As Kidnappers Write Landlords. by excanny: 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2010
Dede1:

I pray death to all Nigerian leaders who have denied the right of self-defense to the good people of Nigeria. This rubbish could not have happened in Enyimba city before the civil war.

I dont quite agree with you. How do you mean? There was no such things as these happening after the civil war until now.

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About The Motion For Nigeria's Independence / Hold On To Agreement: Imo Leaders, Traditional Rulers And Elders Tell Rochas / Former Speaker Naabba House On Fire (picture) For Supporting Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.