Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,028 members, 7,936,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:23 AM

How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? (22189 Views)

Nigerians Raise N70m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 48hrs (pics) / Nigerians Raise N10.2m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 24hrs (Pics) / Baby With 4 Hands And 3 Legs Born In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by rozyrozy: 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
You talked about two issues here, a baby not crying at birth and epilepsy.

For a baby not to cry at birth, its a real problem, which can lead to slow development of the child, or permanent brain damage. Monitor his development, can the baby sit upright, craw, trying to talk, if he could do all that, then no wahala.

Not crying at birth can also cause seizure or epilepsy, which drugs can help, I will just advice you to visit a psychiatric hospital for best treatment.

Take care of the baby, they are God's best gift. Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by Gmart22: 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
This is the most stoopid thing i have heard this year..not again..no no ..i can't take it.
Same incident that killed my Neighbor. Administering prayers to a collapsed high BP patient instead of rapid care unit. Sh*ty Africa and Religion..*

Surprisely some people supported this�
destinie2019:
Do you live near Abuja? I recommend you bring the child to Dunamis. Tuesdays at 9 am. Healing and deliverance service.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by megareal: 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2019
Adalassy:

I am a naturopath in Ghana with a wealth of experience in this issue. However your baby is too young for any form of medications or remedies. It is safer to wait till she is a year and above before anything can be administered. Dosage is tricky at her age but at 1yr dosage can be measured.

I have the remedy for her but from 1yr and above. You can contact me lets talk. My email is adamslaseio@gmail.com

herbal practice / Naturopathy is my field and i am active in the health section.

Can you cure a 25year old epileptic sufferer?
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by tlops(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
Well, you need to see a pediatric neurologist. The will do series of test. Basic ones are MRI, EEG it could also be genetic that test could be expensive (blood and tissue).
But it usually goes away. Keep praying and checking with the doctors. You don’t have to be too worried it will run it cause and go. Just make sure you give your little one the attention she needs and give her space during the seizure and allow her to rest afterwards, the will allow the brain to recover from the stress of d seizures. It is well with your neice In Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by pinkcottoncandy: 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2019
She is probably autistic...keep her away from loud noise especially from loud music and tv light...these can trigger mor seizures
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by ElsonMorali: 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2019
geesilver:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are you also a doubter? smiley
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by rosebuzz(f): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2019
Papyk:
Hi. I dont know weather her case might be different form Autistic son who usually had Epilepsy and sesure some years back, But this what we did and everything stop, by the way. he was around 5 - 7 years then. This was we used and since 2 years ago everything stop. We gave him teaspoon of epson salt and also codliver Oil every 2 days. And after it stop, we dont use it for him again. please check the google and youtube to see wheather you can use this for him or her considering his or her age.
Pls how do u give Empso salt do u mix it with water? Or u give raw and pls Wat kind of cod liver oil did u use
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by rosebuzz(f): 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2019
Pricelessjoe:
Pls whatsapp me 08030810156 I may be able to give u a bit of information I have a 5 years old girl that is using a drug to subdue this condition and i think for an 8 month old baby early treatment is better.
But remember Jesus heals permantly
pls I will also whatsapp you
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by omenayoung: 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2019
It is convulsion most likely
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by Adalassy: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
megareal:

Can you cure a 25year old epileptic sufferer?

100% yes
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by guru90: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
mebad:

Epilepsy Logo ?

hahahahaahahahahahhaha

Brother..... That guy really needs some money........
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
BABY MAY HEAVEN OPEN FOR YOUR HEALING TO COME DOWN IN JESUS NAME AMEN � �

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by chyket(m): 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2019
Start her on ketogenic diet,she will be OK.Please do a research on ketogenic diet on the Internet, you will get a lot of materials.
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by Coolgent(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2019
dee92:
My 8 months old niece was diagnosed with epilepsy last month. She didn't cry at birth. She is on medication but it doesn't seem to tackle her seizures effectively. She's having subtle seizures as well. Any first hand experience from anyone with homeopathic remedies for epilepsy?

My younger didnt cry at birth, he is 30yrs now, crying doesnt matter.
Well i suggest u should google watch youtube for references meanwhile visit hospital asap
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by 3plet: 8:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
Most likely hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy, antenatal and birth history very important here, pls don't go to any church, don't visit traditional medical practitioners, see a pediatric neurologist, that's the only person that can help u.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by akara(m): 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
As someone already said, read up and watch also on Youtube about cbd oil. It's the way to go. It's helped a lot people. I personally use it for other issues.
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by inquisitiv: 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
Please call Prof. Ngozi Ojinnaka
Prof of neurology, specialty in epilepsy
Department of pediatrics
University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital Enugu

IM for her number

Please don't do all these stupid herbal and traditional rubbish. They cause more harm than good.
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by inquisitiv: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
3plet:
Most likely hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy, antenatal and birth history very important here, pls don't go to any church, don't visit traditional medical practitioners, see a pediatric neurologist, that's the only person that can help u.

This is the best advice on this forum

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by whiteseed(m): 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
[quote author=dee92 post=77066345]My 8 months old niece was diagnosed with epilepsy last month. She didn't cry at birth. She is on medication but it doesn't seem to tackle her seizures effectively. She's having subtle seizures as well. Any first hand experience from anyone with homeopathic remedies for epilepsy?[/quote
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by whiteseed(m): 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
[quote author=whiteseed post=77073298][/quote]dat child needs a diet therapy
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by Smartphelz: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
3plet:
So much ignorance on Nairaland. I pray she heeds to your advice

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by princeso2020(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
RIBOCEINE TECHNOLOGY will do it. E-mail princeso2000@yahoo.com
send your number to me i will call you and explain
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by MostSoughtAfte(f): 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
Papyk:
Hi. I dont know weather her case might be different form Autistic son who usually had Epilepsy and sesure some years back, But this what we did and everything stop, by the way. he was around 5 - 7 years then. This was we used and since 2 years ago everything stop. We gave him teaspoon of epson salt and also codliver Oil every 2 days. And after it stop, we dont use it for him again. please check the google and youtube to see wheather you can use this for him or her considering his or her age.

Pls do u mean autism left nd he is perfectly normal now...
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by Joystark(f): 9:37pm On Mar 28, 2019
mebad:

Epilepsy Logo ?

Lol.... Ask him o grin
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by Makschinchin: 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2019
mmadu5:
thats good its better than cancer

Being better than cancer doesn't make it good na undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by ambient: 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2019
Contact me oooo,went through hell with my baby but he is okay now the only delay he has is in speech.dont delay in seejing help
Re: How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? by gaddafe(m): 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
dee92:
My 8 months old niece was diagnosed with epilepsy last month. She didn't cry at birth. She is on medication but it doesn't seem to tackle her seizures effectively. She's having subtle seizures as well. Any first hand experience from anyone with homeopathic remedies for epilepsy?
I hope you know baby didn't cry at birth is a very serious issue. And the baby now have seizures. This case looks like that of my younger bro. He is 28 now but it's not been easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Gets Twitter Excited After Sharing False Story About Her Friend Getting HIV / Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? / COVID19: 1 In 5 People With Respiratory Symptoms In Lagos Positive– Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.