Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,119 members, 7,960,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 03:17 AM

I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader (16188 Views)

Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by mabea: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2019
Joshmodest:
Is this not Assemblies of God I know very well , they probably can't invite comedians to the church , but many of the pastors they invite , to the church to raise funds for them are pure comedians , imagine a pastor saying God told him 20 people are going to come out and give a sum of 100k, b4 Friday same week....God now gives deadline!! the man speaking would obviously not see that one instead he will invite the man to the camp as well , for having good fund raising techniques.....
The camp they use at Ebonyi , was given to them by a thief, a corrupt man who hijacked people's land and money in person of Sam egwu , the former governor of Ebonyi ....when would he speak about churches accepting money from greedy , and corrupt politicians...
Let everyone mind his / her business , a popular saying goes " He who seeks equity. must come with clean hands ".....
How does this justify inviting entertainers to the church? Doesnt just make sense
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Joshmodest(m): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
How does this justify inviting entertainers to the church? Doesnt just make sense
it isn't a justification , but this man is definitely trying to attack Paul adefarasin who invites comedians to experience....there are a whole lot of wrong practices , going on in his denomination ,he should focus on before chuking his bossy mouth in another denominations affairs !!
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by mabea: 9:43am On Apr 21, 2019
Joshmodest:

it isn't a justification , but this man is definitely trying to attack Paul adefarasin who invites comedians to experience....there are a whole lot of wrong practices , going on in his denomination ,he should focus on before chuking his bossy mouth in another denominations affairs !!
You are the one getting it wrong here. This man did not mention paul adefarasin you did. He was merely giving a response to a question. Besides if he doesnt condemn it now you will still use it to castigate his church tomorrow just as you are doing now.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by happney65: 9:46am On Apr 21, 2019
Joshmodest:
Is this not Assemblies of God I know very well , they probably can't invite comedians to the church , but many of the pastors they invite , to the church to raise funds for them are pure comedians , imagine a pastor saying God told him 20 people are going to come out and give a sum of 100k, b4 Friday same week....God now gives deadline!! the man speaking would obviously not see that one instead he will invite the man to the camp as well , for having good fund raising techniques.....
The camp they use at Ebonyi , was given to them by a thief, a corrupt man who hijacked people's land and money in person of Sam egwu , the former governor of Ebonyi ....when would he speak about churches accepting money from greedy , and corrupt politicians...
Let everyone mind his / her business , a popular saying goes " He who seeks equity. must come with clean hands ".....

You dey mind am?I grew up in AGC and I know the church like the back of my hand..No be AGC wey them dey carry themselves go court?wey them dey kill themselves over superintendent position..wetin concern me..Me no kuku do any religion..they all can go and die

1 Like

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Gforce2019: 9:59am On Apr 21, 2019
Church is not for entertainment.... It is place of salvation , deliverance, worship....

Have you seen comedians in the mosque, Hindu, buhdal, cult, witch, shrine or any worship place either devil gathering before?
The early churches in Nigeria doesn't entertain it , that was why they had strong revival.

Now, show me just one church that comedians use to perform and there was revival.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Akpan107(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2019
Fadomero:
comedians are too raw to display their stupidity in church infact both na scam
You're right brother.

Only unserious does that.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by IMASTEX: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2019
Fadomero:
no matter the drama what I know is Christianity na scam
The so called religious leaders are helping to make it more obvious
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Countersam(m): 11:33am On Apr 21, 2019
chimjoshjuan:
Rev. Chidi Okoroafor who is the head of the Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria, has threatened to query any pastor who hosts comedian in church.The General Superintendent of the church who spoke in an interview with Everest Amaefule, addressed issues ranging from the crises in the church to the killings in different parts of the country.

Okoroafor, the head of the Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria who also threatened to query any Pastor who hosts any comedians in the church, added;

It is lack of the presence of God that people now make up with comedians. How can I bring the ‘Night of One Thousands Laughs’ to the church? I am vehemently against that. If I see somebody do that in Assemblies of God, I will give him query. Why would you bring entertainers? It is lack of the presence of God. When you have sufficient presence of God, why would you go for those make-ups? The church is not an entertainment centre. It is a place where you go to worship God. Some people have derailed. So, if you don’t have entertainers, you will not come to my church again? Then, you are not a worshiper. Good worship and good songs are enough to inspire you. I vehemently condemn that and this is the position of the Assemblies of God, Nigeria.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/21/ill-query-any-pastor-who-hosts-comedian-in-church-okoroafor-assemblies-of-god-head/

Nice one. Alot of churches are abusing entertainment in church. If dramas are allowed, comedy shouldn't be an exception but we are so prune to abuse it. Its better banned.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by luluman: 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oluromantic:
But if a comedian donates a mighty offering to the church nko? Shd it be accepted or rejected..I don't understand.
Dont be a f..l now, The fact that you donate milliona does not mean you should be worshiped in church.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Oluromantic: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
luluman:
Dont be a f..l now, The fact that you donate milliona does not mean you should be worshiped in church.
You're the foool now. You're just too blind to see it. A wise fellow will make a point without an abuse.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Fadomero(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
IMASTEX:

The so called religious leaders are helping to make it more obvious
on point bro

1 Like

Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by nwakaibeya1: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Knowing real Jesus Christ has levels and everyone can't speak about Jesus Christ the same way # Do not say you where not told >>Do you know KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME !!!
Don’t argue, it is not like other Prayers. We know you have tested many prayers but this is olden day’s Kingdom that was taken away from people of God. Just come first,if it is not true tell others. JESUS CHRIST HAS COME to swallow your curses. KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME UPON THE EARTH. AGAIN.

GUARANTEED LIBERATION

Our lord Jesus Christ personally extends this invitation in Matthew 11:28: “Come to me all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads and I will give you REST” And in John 16: 33, He says, “ I have told you this so that you will have PEACE by being united to me” Despite these and several other passages in the Bible, believers all over the world - In churches, families and individuals experience crises while professing Christ. Throughout Christendom, Peace is a scarce commodity – mainly among the so – called BORN AGAIN.
But today, God has once again remembered His people and has sent us a son of Man who has His mandate. A man who sees in far away lands. A son of Man who carries the MANTLE – The undiluted power of God. He speaks the word with such power and authority that the powers
of darkness cannot resist. He imparts you with LIGHT which empowers you to see your enemies direct in the spirit ream where the battle of life are fought. According to Ephesians 5: 13, and 14, “when all things are brought out to the light, then their true nature is clearly revealed; for anything that is clearly revealed becomes LIGHT”.And naturally whatever is revealed by the light is conquered by the light. See John 1:5.
People are promised Salvation, Deliverance, Miracles, and instant prosperity. They engage in different form of fasting, sleepless nights at vigils and agonizing warfare prayer etc, yet they live in fear of witches / wizards, evil, marine attacks and dreadful dreams and family wickedness. The truth is that you must first of all be free or liberated from these problems before you can experience peace of mind, which must also be achieved before material prosperity. Jesus’ parable of the rich Fool makes it clear that rest (LIBERATION) comes ahead of material wealth (LK.12:16-23).
For the Ritualist who have been given some objects to swallow for wealth, the young professionals who ignorantly joined fraternities for protection, the youth in secret cults, the stagnating believer, the oppressed single ladies who have lost hope of marriage, the barren, those whose stars have been tampered with by their former masters, and others with different types of spiritual problems – come for an encounter with THE TRUE VINE (John 15: 1-4) and your LIBERATION is GUARANTEED.

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD !!!!!!!
The Son of Man ’s ASSURANCE:Come, If you get anything less than promised, you are free to spread the news.

· YOUR CURSES WILL BE SWALLOWED

· Difficult generational problems will be destroyed

· Ancestral yokes will be broken

· Deliverance from spirit wife/husband (incubus and succubus) is guaranteed.

· Total protection from witchcraft oppression and occult powers.

· You’ll be rescued from evil marine and powers of darkness.
HERE YOUR COMPLETE LIBERATION IS GUARANTEED.

When you are liberated, you will have peace of mind and rest in CHRIST –Then prosperity follows. Above all, because the power is live and direct from HEAVEN, all these are delivered to you without any form of FASTING,RIGOROUS NIGHT VIGIL AND AGONIZING WARFARE PRAYERS.

BRETHREN,WE DONT COMBINE THE KINGDOM AND THE KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE IS ALREADY HERE. (Luke 17:20). “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs.Note carefully we don't combine our believe with others after joining us you go to other people, places no never it doesn't work that way. This is kingdom of God on Earth and who on earth can discredit this revelation spiritually
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by nellalinkHQ: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Happy Easter Sunday to everyone, I think a little comic will make the church lively
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Cjesky: 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oluromantic:
But if a comedian donates a mighty offering to the church nko? Shd it be accepted or rejected..I don't understand.

Are they not.Christians or Muslim?.. They need Christ too.for.their own salvation. if they donate money to the church, it's also a way of working out their own salvation which u and I do all the time..But its wrong turning the house of worship to laughter arena with vulgar words and irresponsible displays in the name of comedy.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Pentasoft1978: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oluromantic:

Did they ask him to come and donate
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by mechanics(m): 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
He's right.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by zoedew: 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Thumbs up!
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Upson42(m): 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oluromantic:

Offerings are not donation, it is paid of willingness and with right heart...
Donations are levied based on the society percerption of your wealth....
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by luluman: 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oluromantic:

You're the foool now. You're just too blind to see it. A wise fellow will make a point without an abuse.
Mumu.who gave you data just wasted it.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Oluromantic: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
luluman:
Mumu.who gave you data just wasted it.
Ur mama under don rotten when she dey born you. Small Margot enter ur mouth, e dey affect you till now
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by luluman: 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oluromantic:

Ur mama under don rotten when she dey born you. Small Margot enter ur mouth, e dey affect you till now
How old are you please?
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by Oluromantic: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
luluman:
How old are you please?
Count the number of hair in ur mother's private part, it tells you how much sense you lack. That's why you can't quote without an abuse. Idiiot!
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by UncletC: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
Joshmodest:
Is this not Assemblies of God I know very well , they probably can't invite comedians to the church , but many of the pastors they invite , to the church to raise funds for them are pure comedians , imagine a pastor saying God told him 20 people are going to come out and give a sum of 100k, b4 Friday same week....God now gives deadnline!! the man speaking would obviously not see that one instead he will invite the man to the camp as well , for having good fund raising techniques.....
and you own all the land? you better keep quiet than vomiting this nonsense... show me one land your government who doesn't give land free to Church created?
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by cardoctor(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
The Church has become a joke. Pastors are now clowns. God help us.
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by SeeNN: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oluromantic:

So doctors and engineers can bring their tools to church too since they give offering ?
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by SeeNN: 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
mmadu5:
AS A COMEDIAN I FIND THIS VERY OFFENSIVE , WE COMEDIAN DO ALL WE CAN TO CRACK JOKES AND MAKE YOU PEOPLE LAUGH ,WE DESERVE BETTER THIS MR PASTOR

No be for altar
Re: I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader by LeoFish92(m): 5:27am On Apr 22, 2019
J4JUVENTUS:
AG my formal church...make them first settle their fight jor

Former

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why? / Drop Your Top Worship Songs Foreign Or Local / Breaking And Overcoming The Limitation And Storms Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.