Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,709 members, 7,962,292 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp (655 Views)

I Will Leave Liverpool At The End Of This Season - Klopp / Rinsola Babajide Nominated For Liverpool's Player Of The Season Award / "No Liverpool Player Can Get Into Real Madrid's Team" - Ex Madrid Coach Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp by fergie001: 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
The German boss has joked that the Clarets man could be in line for a big-money move if he can get a result against the reigning champions.

Ashley Barnes has revealed that Jurgen Klopp sent him a well-wishing text message ahead of Burnley's clash with Manchester City on Sunday, with the Liverpool boss joking that he might sign the striker if he can help swing the title race in the Reds' favour.

Liverpool currently sit two points ahead of their main title rivals at the top of the Premier League, but City still hold the advantage in terms of points they can achieve and will retake the summit if they can overcome the Clarets on Sunday.

Any kind of positive result for Burnley would hand the initiative back to Liverpool, however, and Barnes claims that Klopp has been in touch as the Merseyside outfit look to lift their first top-flight title in nearly three decades.

“I've had a few messages yesterday from Liverpool fans making a joke of it but it's all good,” the 29-year-old told the Burnley Express. “It would mean everything [to win against City].

“Klopp has even given me a sly text to say that if I score he might sign me for next season – so I might be on the move!
“But look, for something so silly, it would be a massive thing if I was to score and we were to win. All of us would probably go down in Liverpool history if we helped them out.”

Barnes has a fantastic record against top-level sides in the Premier League, with goals against Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United scored this term alone, while he has also found the net against City and Liverpool in seasons past.

“These are the games I relish,” the striker went on. “The ones I want to be playing in. As long as I train well and get selected I can't do any more. I love playing against big teams especially.
“Ten of my 31 goals in the Premier League have come against the big teams. It's a great stat for me personally. I thrive in any game, you just try to hit the back of the net. Lucky for me a lot of my goals have come against big teams.
“You just want to show what you're capable of and hopefully I have done that, shown how good I am.”

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/klopp-said-he-might-sign-me-if-i-score-against-man-city/3g86sj87g8fh1tly685z69dh5
Re: Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp by VulgarLee(m): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ojoro

Frustration leads to desperation
Re: Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp by fergie001: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2019
VulgarLee:
Ojoro

Frustration leads to desperation
Hahahaha...lalasticlala... No mind Klopp....City for the title

Ashley Barnes below.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp by Frankchuks1: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2019
Manchester city will win the EPL title
Kopp should go and sleep
Re: Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp by Jayslicky: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
Liverpool should be ashamed of themselves, they should be have been topping man city with enough points but they threw it all away, they made same mistake in 2013/14 season now they're making same.

Sorry to our Loserpool fans that man utd dissapointed you guyz, we would rather enjoy seeing our city rivals win the epl than our old long time enemies.
Before loserpool would ever win the premier league by then my grandchildren would have graduated out of college.

3 Likes

Re: Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp by fergie001: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jayslicky:
Liverpool should be ashamed of themselves, they should be have been topping man city with enough points but they threw it all away, they made same mistake in 2013/14 season now they're making same.

Sorry to our Loserpool fans that man utd dissapointed you guyz, we would rather enjoy seeing our city rivals win the epl than our old long time enemies.
Before loserpool would ever win the premier league by then my grandchildren would have graduated out of college.
Lalasticlala Seun...this is the 2nd time am calling you guys.....Please give this young man 'Chairman',I go pay...
Re: Barnes: Get A Result Against City And Be A Liverpool Player Next Season - Klopp by gabazin080(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
hlo house, I just registered on 1xbet and got 100% deposit bonus but I don't know how to use it and someone also told me not to use it that it's a trap.
am confused

(1) (Reply)

Two Premier League Trophies Will Be On Standby For Liverpool And City Title Race / ‘ozil Doesn’t Have It In Him To Be A Leader’ – Fabregas / BREAKING NEWS..Anthony Joshua Has Suffered A Shock Defeat(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.