Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,103 members, 7,960,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma (852 Views)

Charity Nnaji Mocks Mompha As EFCC Arrest Him After He Disgraced Her For Begging / Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile Are Still Undergoing Intense Grilling In EFCC Custody / EFCC Parades Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile, Ramanjago Over Yahoo Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by shelegangan90: 3:50am On May 15, 2019
Nigerian rapper, Ruggedman, has called for help after receiving threats following the arrest of Naira Marley, real name Afeez Fashola and Omoniyi Temidayo Raphael aka Zlatan Ibile by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Many people have fingered him as being responsible for the arrest of the duo.

Ruggedman, in a statement said despite the disrespect to his person, he has nothing against Naira Marley and hopes he will be discerning and utilise his position of influence appropriately.

He appealed to those threatening his life.

The statement reads:

“I have read and heard all sorts of comments pertaining to the Naira Marley case and seen the misinformation making the rounds which is quite unfortunate to say the least.

“I do not know Naira Marley personally, the same way I do not know the over 300 Nigerians I have gotten justice for against police brutality. I do it because it is who I am.

“All I did was caution a young artist, who has influence, against making utterances about an issue that by global standard is considered a crime. I believe correcting this was the way to go as an elder, but got insulted for this even by those being misled.

“I never responded to Naira Marley’s invectives nor those of his fans, same way I have not responded to any of the negative comments from social media.

“I note that saying I was “happy in a way” about his arrest has evidently frayed some nerves and for that I apologise. It was in hope that it would serve as deterrent for persons who might consider the said ills or need to make a u-turn. It by no means was intended to wish for his downfall. It perhaps was not a good choice of word in hindsight. I do not look forward to anyone’s downfall but rather hope we all learn from the situation.

“I hereby state categorically that I had nothing to do with his arrest. We all must recall that he glorified fraud on a public platform where security agencies like the Police, NDLEA and EFCC are also on. I am sure they saw his posts and captions the same way we all did. I, however, was the one that cautioned him. I guess this was what led all the darts and arrows my way as a literal mortal retribution to my person.

“Despite the disrespect to my person, I got nothing against him and only longed for him to be discerning and utilise his position of influence appropriately.

“May God bless you all and yes that includes those wishing me evil and threatening me. Nothing will change who I am and I will keep you all in my prayers.”

https://shelegangan.com.ng/2019/05/15/my-life-is-in-danger-over-efccs-arrest-of-naira-marley-zlatan-ibile-ruggedman/

Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by Nobody: 3:51am On May 15, 2019
How low have we sunk as a nation? Shameless People openly celebrating the release of vagabonds and criminals sympathetic to fraud yet we wonder why visa applications and other foreign opportunities keeps getting harder for the average Nigerian. You think the foreign governments are not monitoring your cyberspace to see how morally deficient the country's youth has become? To think Davido is an ambassador to top businesses is a mystery to sane minds. A country where people tag Anti-fraud proponents a hater and enemy of progress. Why do we arrest armed robbers, rapists, kidnappers and other criminals? They also have justification for their crimes just like you people see nothing wrong with fraud. You all keep blaming the politicians in Abuja for stealing forgetting that amongst this present generation are future politicians who will take over from the present crop. Have you forgotten that a leader is a reflection of his/her followers and society at large? What will you expect from someone like Davido if he suddenly finds himself within the corridors of power? Will a Davido who openly supports yahoo boys see anything wrong in looting the treasury? Yet you people dream of a Nigeria with 24/7 power. You want good roads and other good things of life like other sane countries while you keep supporting people short changing the system.

You chastise EFCC for arresting Yahoo boys instead of corrupt politicians who stole the wealth of the country. EFCC goes after a corrupt politician you people scream witch hunt of opposition. You turn prosecution into partisanship defending the oppressors while you take solace in fraud. It's really sad to see how daft the present generation is and the most worrisome is that there is no end in sight.

It shall never be well with everyone who supports and benefits from fraud sad

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by Nobody: 3:58am On May 15, 2019
I have never seen rugged man criticise politicians who are the worst fraudsters.You say you get crew who go beat idris abdulkareem,maintain,Rasky and others for 'ehen why you too dey rap like mumu'Call them make them come help you.
Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by Nobody: 4:04am On May 15, 2019
GoTV:
How low have we sunk as a nation? Shameless People openly celebrating the release of vagabonds and criminals sympathetic to fraud yet we wonder why visa applications and other foreign opportunities keeps getting harder for the average Nigerian. You think the foreign governments are not monitoring your cyberspace to see how morally deficient the country's youth has become? To think Davido is an ambassador to top businesses is a mystery to sane minds. A country where people tag Anti-fraud proponents a hater and enemy of progress. Why do we arrest armed robbers, rapists, kidnappers and other criminals? They also have justification for their crimes just like you people see nothing wrong with fraud. You all keep blaming the politicians in Abuja for stealing forgetting that amongst this present generation are future politicians who will take over from the present crop. Have you forgotten that a leader is a reflection of his/her followers and society at large? What will you expect from someone like Davido if he suddenly finds himself within the corridors of power? Will a Davido who openly supports yahoo boys see anything wrong in looting the treasury? Yet you people dream of a Nigeria with 24/7 power. You want good roads and other good things of life like other sane countries while you keep supporting people short changing the system.

You chastise EFCC for arresting Yahoo boys instead of corrupt politicians who stole the wealth of the country. EFCC goes after a corrupt politician you people scream witch hunt of opposition. You turn prosecution into partisanship defending the oppressors while you take solace in fraud. It's really sad to see how daft the present generation is and the most worrisome is that there is no end in sight.

It shall never be well with everyone who supports and benefits from fraud sad
Why can't you make Nigeria better so that foreigners will be struggling to acquire Nigerian visa to come and hustle here?Wetin you dey find go oyinbo country if not to go and seek a greener pasture?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by daddytime(m): 4:46am On May 15, 2019
All those Oshodi and mushin area boys reach to make you fear for your life.

Na their national heros you dey talk against..
Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by wagazala: 5:14am On May 15, 2019
Unfortunate turn of events. Just when Ruggedman needed other fellow mates to turn up and lend their voices in support, he was hung out to dry.
Ruggedman owes no one any apology for speaking the truth. He should never have apologized.
Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by sathel(m): 5:20am On May 15, 2019
I understand rugged man but he shouldn’t have said he was happy over Naira Marley’s arrest..Ghat enough would make people suspect him..

I just wonder why zlatan and others were released but naira Marley is still in their custody..na wa
Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by KingLennon(m): 5:41am On May 15, 2019
All those street Lagos boys are coming for you Rugged man o. Pls take the threats very serious grin. Next time apply diplomacy in issues like this
Re: My Life Is In Danger Over Efcc’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile – Ruggedma by sugacoatedmouth(m): 6:29am On May 15, 2019
This one does not deserve the name he is bearing he should not be called rugged Man he should answer CowardMan instead he is fearing ordinary zlatan ibile

(1) (Reply)

EPIC Throwback Picture Of INI Edo And Comedian AY / How My Nude Live Video With MC Galaxy Affected Me – Etinosa / Busted! Leaked Of How Nina Planned To Break The Internet With A Rented Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.