Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,467 members, 7,961,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:35 AM

Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast (14315 Views)

Arms Purchase Scandal: Raymond Dokpesi Arrested-sahara Reporters / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested Over N2.1Billion Arms Purchase / Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by marvix(m): 1:31am On Oct 05, 2010
A lot of people trying to rationalise the text message seem to have forgotten that this is Nigeria.

Is it not possible that the perpetrators believed that "NOTHING DEY HAPPEN" "DEM NO FIT CATCH US".

I have always said it before that corruption is not the problem in Nigeria but the brazen and shameless way it is being carried out.

In Nigeria armed robbers go into banks that have security cameras without masking their faces becaus ethey know that nothing will happen.

What if the boys were fully confident that nobody would be on their trail, believing they were having fun and they were covered, and nobody can arrest them.

I am not trying to conclude but what I am sayin is that here in Nigeria it is possible for someone to do this stuff and send silly text messages and even make phone calls or even go to a beer parlour boasting about it to whoever cares to listen.

This is an open challenge to Jonathan, he is the CinC and in he was in his country celebrating his countrys golden jubilee and somebody had the effrontery to plan and execute the bombings, it is a direct insult on his person, a slap across his face.

Any tactics, any means, any method right now is fair, just like when Yaradua ordered the army to quell the boko harams in the north it was shoot at sight order that they were given, if only to send a message across that we would not be tolerating rubbish, Jonathan I guess it is your turn.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Gayigaskia(m): 1:34am On Oct 05, 2010
DO you think FG will give bail to a terrorist?  Beside bail in Nigeria usually required not only money but also people with good integrity who can give themselves as guarantors for you to be released, and frankly he did not have the time reunite all those factors to meet bail.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Abagworo(m): 1:36am On Oct 05, 2010
News Sep 14 , 2010

Alleged death threat: Group faults Dokpesi By Tordue Salem

ABUJA—The Jonathan Support Group and Youth United for Goodluck  Jonathan through separate statements yesterday lampooned Dr.  Raymond Dokpesi for claiming President Goodluck Jonathan was  threatening his life for supporting his opponent in the presidential race,  Ibrahim Babangida. In a statement by Alhaji Ahmed Ali Gulak, National Coordinator, the  group said: “I think it is the height of insult for Chief Dokpesi to accuse  the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of wanting to  eliminate him without any iota of evidence. “Let me remind him that this is Nigeria of 2010 and not Nigeria of 1986  where a journalist or anybody for that matter can be blown up through a parcel bomb,” the group stated. The group in part of its statement, asked Dokpesi to account for his  wealth, rather than raising false alarm. “It is quite a shame that someone who has raped the benevolence of  goodwill of well-meaning Nigerians should be given so much visibility  simply because he is in a position to manipulate the press. “He should not allow us to go back into history, otherwise we will start to ask questions on what happened to Oceans Lines Ltd, a company owned  by Chief  MKO Abiola and Major-General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, both of  blessed memories, but managed by Dokpesi as the company’s MD in the  1980 s. “What happened to the company? What about the two ships, MV Binta  and MV Simbiat? How did they go under?” the group querried.

My bad.I stumbled into this and realised FG might have done the bombings to set Dokpesi up.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Beaf: 1:41am On Oct 05, 2010
I listened to the text messages on NTA and the OP totally twists things. The person that said "na we do am" did not know he was under surveilance, while he was speaking to a friend. The other messages about payment and meeting were exchanged between a separate group.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Abagworo(m): 1:43am On Oct 05, 2010
Simple logic suggests that his wolf cry saved him from the earlier plans to assassinate him.A new evil plan was conceived to implicate him in the October bombing.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Gayigaskia(m): 1:48am On Oct 05, 2010
Maybe they think they can get Dokpesi without implicating IBB, they release him when they noticed it will soon be a bigger problem to deal with.

I think Edwin Clark's tactics are dull and dumb. grin grin grin
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by bidemi12(m): 1:53am On Oct 05, 2010
shinystar:

Preliminary investigations by SSS revealed that some suspects arrested over the blast sent text messages to Dokpesi. The terse, [b]coded message, SSS sources disclosed, simply said, "the deed is done. What about our balance?"[/b]SSS officials said Dokpesi will be confronted with evidence against him tomorrow to which he is expected to react.

It was also gathered there were exchanged calls and SMS between the suspects and some high-placed Nigerians, which will be made available in the course of the interrogation.

Someone in the Babangida's camp, British intelligence services, revealed was sighted in South Africa last week where Henry Okah, the leader of MEND resides before his eventual arrest.

To set him up I can as well get his number send the above text, call the SSS and sit back. It amazes me that all of a sudden our authorities investigative skills have quadrupled ten fold overnight.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Beaf: 1:57am On Oct 05, 2010
bidemi12:

To set him up I can as well get his number send the above text, call the SSS and sit back. It amazes me that all of a sudden our authorities investigative skills have quadrupled ten fold overnight.

What do you expect when the intelligence services of the UK and US are involved?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by youngmonie: 2:20am On Oct 05, 2010
http://english.aljazeera.net/
listen to the news bulletin den u kno d real culprits
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Kilode1: 2:22am On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

What do you expect when the intelligence services of the UK and US are involved?

Intelligence services of the US and UK?

I hope we are not prepping ourselves for another Guatemala, Nicaragua or Iraq, Better not involve those folks in your issue if they aren't already pushing themsleves into it undecided

The only thing they care about is Shell, Chevron, Mobil and their other friends. I bet their support will go to the Man who can guarantee their investments the most ---> IBB or GEJ?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by mechris: 2:31am On Oct 05, 2010
THERE IS A POSER HERE, Y WAS IBB ABSENT AT EAGLE SQUARE? HE HAD A FORE KNOWLEDGE?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by akwaowoudo(m): 2:34am On Oct 05, 2010
If Dokpesi is involved in this devilish act, certainly IBB must be involved. When will IBB be ever arrested by the FG? The man is a bundle of evil! Atiku and Buhari can't behave or act silly _though they aren't my candidates, any litmus test can attest to this as a fact. I can't say exactly what is wrong with IBB's northern brain _maybe a bolt has gotten loosed and or a nerve is malfunctioning. I believe all the ills of IBB would end someday as nothing lasts forever.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Beaf: 2:35am On Oct 05, 2010
Kilode?!:

Intelligence services of the US and UK?

I hope we are not prepping ourselves for another Guatemala, Nicaragua or Iraq, Better not involve those folks in your issue if they aren't already pushing themsleves into it undecided

The only thing they care about is Shell, Chevron, Mobil and their other friends. I bet their support will go to the Man who can guarantee their investments the most ---> IBB or GEJ?

If not for them, more people would have died, possibly GEJ himself. Find out why Gordon Brown cancelled his trip to the celebrations. cool
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by overhyped: 2:38am On Oct 05, 2010
@ Paddy_lo, you just lost me as one of your admirers on this forum. You have demonstrated on this thread that your nationalism credential is fake. You just jump on the pro-GEJ bandwagon without doing some critical analysis about the situation. Bro, you are more intelligent than this. Please retrace your step.

@ Beaf, I wonder if you can beat the biasedness you unashamedly demonstrated on this thread in your future pro_GEJ posts. But wait, you said SR is fake. Hmmmmmmmmm. Ok. Even when you are confronted with the evidence that Dokpesi has been released by SSS, you stubbornly claimed that the news is fake. If you are not being paid for all your pro-GEJ trumpeting as you claimed, just take a good reflection and ask yourself if all the 'wahala' is worth it. Even if GEJ becomes the president in 2011, come 2019 (if he does 2 terms), he will still leave power or power will leave him. The masquerade festival will surely come to an end one day. But if you are being paid for all your wahala, 'goodluck' to you. You certainly earn your pay, and you are still earning it.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Princek12(m): 2:45am On Oct 05, 2010
This statement is plausible: IBB had foreknowledge of the explosion and therefore did not attend the ceremony. It is also plausible that MEND carried out the attacks. Mehn, I really don't know.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Beaf: 2:47am On Oct 05, 2010
overhyped:

@ Paddy_lo, you just lost me as one of your admirers on this forum. You have demonstrated on this thread that your nationalism credential is fake. You just jump on the pro-GEJ bandwagon without doing some critical analysis about the situation. Bro, you are more intelligent than this. Please retrace your step.

@ Beaf, I wonder if you can beat the biasedness you unashamedly demonstrated on this thread in your future pro_GEJ posts. But wait, you said SR is fake. Hmmmmmmmmm. Ok. Even when you are confronted with the evidence that Dokpesi has been released by SSS, you stubbornly claimed that the news is fake. If you are not being paid for all your pro-GEJ trumpeting as you claimed, just take a good reflection and ask yourself if all the 'wahala' is worth it. Even if GEJ becomes the president in 2011, come 2019 (if he does 2 terms), he will still leave power or power will leave him. The masquerade festival will surely come to an end one day. But if you are being paid for all your wahala, 'goodluck' to you. You certainly earn your pay, and you are still earning it.

Why are so many pro-IBB folk popping up with 2 or 3 posts (or at most 100+)? shocked
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Oct 05, 2010
Princek12:

This statement is plausible: IBB had foreknowledge of the explosion and therefore did not attend the ceremony. It is also plausible that MEND carried out the attacks. Mehn, I really don't know.

Was he invited?

The so-called attack took place a safe distance from the event venue. It could have easily been any of the attendees.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Beaf: 2:52am On Oct 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Was he invited?

The so-called attack took place a safe distance from the event venue. It could have easily been any of the attendees.

Stup!d question. Even ordinary people were present and yet he is an ex-head of state. Dumb.
"Safe distance?" Yet 10 people lost their lives and 36 were injured? Safe indeed.

Foolishness.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Oct 05, 2010
Princek12:

Was he invited?

[size=13pt]I was not invited to Eagle Square –Atiku[/size]
http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3853:i-was-not-invited-to-eagle-square-atiku&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar says he was not at the Eagle Square, venue of the 50th independence anniversary celebration in Abuja last Friday because he was not invited to the occasion. Atiku who spoke with newsmen in Jos yesterday at the national preaching and appeal fund launch for  N139,300,000 by the Jamaatu Izalatil Bdi’ah wa Ikamatis Sunnah (JIBWIS) said even as a former vice president, he could not gate-crash into the occasion unless he was invited.
“Of course I could not go unless I was invited”, he said when asked if as a former vice president he still needed a formal invitation to attend the independence anniversary.

Atiku at the launch commended the  JIBWIS for trying to renovate some of the burnt schools in Jos, stressing the need for quality education. He said that was why he personally made several commitments to the development of education in the country by setting up schools to the university level. He denoted N20 million and urged JIBWIS not to relent in its effort to develop education in the country.

Former President Ibrahim Babangida who was represented by former minister of state for information and Communication, Alhaji Dasuki Salihu Nakande, harped on the need to sustain a learning culture among  the youths in the country, saying education forms the bedrock of the development of the human mind. He said what JIBWIS had set out to do was commendable because it went to show that it  appreciates the value of education in human development, adding that his doors would always be open to any idea that would move education forward in the country.

National chairman of JIBWIS Sheikh  Mohammadu Sani Yahaya Jingir, said though his organization  had made tremendous progress in the area of education by establishing   5,242 schools with over 8 million students studying in them, the organization  was bothered by such problems as kidnapping, secret societies and cultism. Sheikh Jingir also described the activities of the Boko Haram sect as devilish, stressing that JIBWIS was worried by the activities of the sect as well as the security problem in the Niger Delta and Plateau State. He called on the Federal Government to prosecute those found to be behind the Jos crises and take further measures to protect schools and other public institutions from destruction in times of crisis.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by DGovernor2: 3:26am On Oct 05, 2010
Nigerians you about to witness series of events that will shock you all to the marrow, " the eaters of flesh and drinkers of bloods will soon eat their own flesh and drink their own blood". Those 'evil men' who felts that they were untouchable will soon have their fingers burned before their very eyes. The judgment of God is final. Let the drama unfold.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by sulad82i(m): 3:27am On Oct 05, 2010
Seriously, Nigeria needs an intervention. Just like the one in Ghana some years back.
Someone need to get rid of all these big guys and kill them all.
All the former presidents and vices, most state governors and their god fathers. if we dont have this kind of event, I doubt 9ja will ever move forward
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by snapshot: 3:55am On Oct 05, 2010
with IBB things of these nature are very possible,the guy's love for letter bomb is just too much.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by egift(m): 4:26am On Oct 05, 2010
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Purist(m): 4:33am On Oct 05, 2010
mechris:

THERE  IS A POSER HERE, Y WAS IBB ABSENT AT EAGLE SQUARE? HE HAD A FORE KNOWLEDGE?

Good question.  But this does NOT prove anything.   He could as well have been present, and the attacks would still have been carried out successfully.   As far as I know, the bombs didn't detonate anywhere close to where the dignitaries were, where IBB himself would have been seated.  In fact, I believe that if he really was behind the attacks, he WOULD have been at the event, just so no eyebrows would be raised.

Another equally good question was raised by someone here some pages ago.  There was a first blast, then a second, and GEJ was NOT whisked away, neither was the event halted for either disturbances.  Would Obama have continued his speech at a ceremony while a cacophony of blasts sounded off within the perimeter?  Does this mean that the security personnels knew about it, were aware of how many blasts there would be, as well as the exact locations of those blasts, and so weren't bothered that it could get to the president?  Was the president himself aware already?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 05, 2010
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/sss-releases-dokpesi-babangida%E2%80%99s-campaign-manager

SSS Releases Dokpesi, Babangida’s Campaign Manager

Raymond Dokpesi, the campaign director to former military dictator Ibrahim Babangida, was released a few hours ago, according to a member of the Babangida campaign organization.

Mr. Dokpesi, who owns African Independent Television (AIT), has been widely criticized for accepting to work for Babangida whose tenure as military president witnessed massive corruption, closure of media organizations, and assassinations of political opponents, including foremost journalist Dele Giwa.

The State Security Services (SSS) arrested Mr. Dokpesi on Sunday when he called at the agency’s headquarters in Abuja to respond to an invitation to appear.

He was interrogated and detained over what a security source described as “suspicious text messages” allegedly exchanged between him and some suspects arrested in connection with the deadly car bombing in Abuja metropolis on October 1 during the celebration of Nigeria’s 50th anniversary at the Eagle Square.

Our source within Babangida’s office said Mr. Dokpesi was released by the SSS at 11:30 p.m. on Monday night.

It is unclear if the SSS plans to charge Dokpesi to court on terrorism charges. Our security source claimed that their investigations linked Dokpesi with Mr. Henry Okah, an exiled leader of the Movement For the Emancipation Of The Niger Delta.

A top PDP chieftain told Saharareporters that Dokpesi was arrested to send a clear message to Babangida about “President Goodluck Jonathan’s readiness to flex his presidential muscle,” adding that Babangida had been telling his close associates that Jonathan was a political weakling.

Mr. Okah, who heads MEND, has been arrested by South African authorities and arraigned on terrorism charges before a South African magistrate in connection with the Abuja bombings. Twenty-five people have died so far from the attack.

so will they now arrest atiku and saraki?

Purist:

Good question.  But this does NOT prove anything.   He could as well have been present, and the attacks would still have been carried out successfully.   As far as I know, the bombs didn't detonate anywhere close to where the dignitaries were, where IBB himself would have been seated.  In fact, I believe that if he really was behind the attacks, he WOULD have been at the event, just so no eyebrows would be raised.

Another equally good question was raised by someone here some pages ago.  There was a first blast, then a second, and GEJ was NOT whisked away, neither was the event halted for either disturbances.  Would Obama have continued his speech at a ceremony while a cacophony of blasts sounded off within the perimeter?  Does this mean that the security personnels knew about it, were aware of how many blasts there would be, as well as the exact locations of those blasts, and so weren't bothered that it could get to the president?  Was the president himself aware already?

our gallant security agencies had 5 days notice

but i guess it is more important to secure a 17billion naira celebration than to secure the lives of Nigerian citizens
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by akwaowoudo(m): 6:09am On Oct 05, 2010
youngmonie:

sir can u please provide this honourable website with your evidence or forever hold your peace nd shut your mouth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
What are you vomiting? The memories of IBB's attrocities is lying bold for all to see _it's scar is terrifying in nature.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by clip: 6:26am On Oct 05, 2010
I know that some big men will be involve to proof a point the number of souls that goes with it does not matter to them as long as their point is noted."One day monkey go go market no go come back" God is watching
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by alkanes1(m): 6:32am On Oct 05, 2010
All i know is that some top nigerians were. the ones involved in this bomb throwing.MEND does not have those powers
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by hinduism(f): 7:11am On Oct 05, 2010
What are they still waiting for before giving IBB what he gave others during his time in ASO ROCK?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by wafer247: 7:13am On Oct 05, 2010
according to NN24 news this morning, Raymond Dokpesi has been released. He was released last night at about 11pm.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by hinduism(f): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2010
This is a nice oportunity to roast IBB to death
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by bidemi12(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2010
Checkmate!!! the ruling class have finally backed everybody into a tight corner and this the end result. this is what happens when people are made to feel that their votes dont count. if my vote dont count and the judicial/police system is not in my favor, what other recourse do i have? now a group of people, namely MEND, who in a normal society would have depended on their votes to get their message accross are using another means to send their message. what makes it worse is that the coming generation are not being groomed properly with the right mentality to take over the future reigns of the country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive / Dignitaries At Ndigbo Summit On Restructuring In Awka (Photos) / Reno Omokri: Nigeria Does Not Need Placeholders, We Need Pacesetters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.