Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,022 members, 7,963,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 09:49 AM

Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor (11493 Views)

Kayode Oso Resigns As Ekiti Commissioner / List Of Agencies And Departments Under Fayemi, As A Minister Of Solid Minerals / Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2010
Let us hope he performs.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by sley4life(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2010
Congrats. Maurice Iwuh killed us with his scheme. He shud be tried in the court of law too
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by sley4life(m): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2010
We shud upgrade our judicial syst too. Verdict shudnt spend much time
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by HOTsnow(m): 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2010
TO THE AYO SALAMI LED TEAM OF THE APPEAL COURT ILORIN, HISTORY WIL BE KIND TO YOU.
To u SEGUN ONI, u v reapd whr uv nt sown go&neva luk bak.To MAURICE IWU,history has found u wantn&u stand accused of crime against d voters in Ekiti.to MADAM AYOOKA ADEBAYO u v not only tied ur hands,bt ur conscience too & u'l foreva bear that guilt of wat u did or fail to do::& to u GENERALISSIMO BOLA AHMED TINUBU cheers to u bro::THE WOMEN OF EKITI i salute u::and to u FAYEMI enjoy:::EKITI KETE!!I Rep my state to d fullest *winks*
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by MEGABHROS1: 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2010
Good news!
This should send us all a warning that we may delay judgement but we cannot prevent it from coming to pass. This is a call to our politicians to do the right thing in the on-coming election. It is a call to to national assembly to adopt the Justice Uwais electoral report and stop rogues from occupying the positions that they didnot win. It is a call to segun Oni to return back to the Ekiti treasury all the allowances and salary he had fraudulently enjoyed for almost 4 years. To 70 years Mama Ayoka, who sold out her conscience cheaply , it is a call to remain steadfast in one's belief inrespective of threats and blackmail. Her name would have remain indelible in the path of history if she had held to what she wrote in her resignation letter. To Prof. Iwu Wurwuru , it is a call to be truthful in national assignment and not to take side when call upon to serve the people of Nigeria. to Fayemi and ACN, it is a call to remain resolute, undaunting and resilient in the pursuit of just course(s) irrespective of distractions and unfriendly and system.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by AfroCynic: 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2010
I wish there was a way I could read the judgement,
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Remii(m): 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2010
Topman40:

@Remii, Ayoka Adebayo is no longer d Resident Electoral Commissioner in Ekiti-State, she has been transfered to Ondo-State

Thanks for the correction

spikedcylinder:

Watching the rally now. Someone just called Tinubu the Emeritus Governor. Nawaaaa!

that guy continues to make progress in his quest to become the de facto Yoruba leader after Awolowo, he has succeessfully countered OBJ influences in Lagos, Ondo, Edo now Ekiti, if Aregbesola wins in Osun then.-, -.-.-. hahahahahahaha
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by spikedcylinder: 4:03am On Oct 17, 2010
Remii:

Thanks for the correction

that guy continues to make progress in his quest to become the de facto Yoruba leader after Awolowo, he has succeessfully countered OBJ influences in Lagos, Ondo, Edo now Ekiti, if Aregbesola wins in Osun then.-, -.-.-. hahahahahahaha

You are entirely correct.
I was at a gathering sometime ago and they still introduced Fashola (a whole Governor for that matter) as Tinubu's Number 1 boy. I mean, it shows there's a huge difference between money and power na.
His aim, I hear is to be Aare Oona Kakanfo. Previously held by Abiola.cheesy
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by otokx(m): 9:43am On Oct 17, 2010
TINUBU surely deserves commendation; he is bringing peace to his people which will usher in development and prosperity. GOODLUCK should learn a thing or two from him.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by KnowAll(m): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2010
If Aregbosola of Oshun State and Oyo state falls to ACN, then Tinnubu would just be ripe to be the next "Are ONA Kankanfo" of Yorubaland a title of no small reverence. Ogun would be the last bastion of opposition in Yorubaland. I think the ACN can make significant forays into Kwara and Kogi State with good planning and strategy
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Sagamite(m): 9:52am On Oct 17, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I was at a gathering sometime ago and they still introduced Fashola (a whole Governor for that matter) as Tinubu's Number 1 boy. I mean, it shows there's a huge difference between money and power na.

What have I told you about going to parties to shake that your big ikebe for men with money and power?  angry

That your Aare Idi Kakanfo of Nairaland.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by seanet02: 11:52am On Oct 17, 2010
To be sincere, Tinubu represent our new AWO. He is bringing more productivity to Yorubaland
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by semid4lyfe(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2010
Damn! That Deputy Governor is FIINE. I foresee a clash and kind of supremacy battle between her and the First Lady grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by favouredjb(f): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2010
Lol!that can only happen if the first lady is insecured,but really she's a looker,d deputy I mean

Dnt know why tinubu is bent on becoming,aare or bashorun gaa,whatever
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2010
how great! justice after 44 months! sad
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by spikedcylinder: 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2010
Sagamite:

What have I told you about going to parties to shake that your big ikebe for men with money and power?  angry

That your Aare Idi Kakanfo of Nairaland.

Shatap meeeeehn. angry angry angry angry tongue
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Remii(m): 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Its up to him, but I wish he rejects the temptation because, historically, Aare Ona Kakanfo's don't end up peacefully, most of them died violently.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Kilode1: 1:52am On Oct 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Damn! That Deputy Governor is FIINE. I foresee a clash and kind of supremacy battle between her and the First Lady grin

I forsee a fulfilment of that prophecy grin grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Kilode1: 1:53am On Oct 18, 2010
KnowAll:

If Aregbosola of Oshun State and Oyo state falls to ACN, then Tinnubu would just be ripe to be the next "Are ONA Kankanfo "of Yorubaland a title of no small reverence. Ogun would be the last bastion of opposition in Yorubaland. I think the ACN can make significant forays into Kwara and Kogi State with good planning and strategy

That is the Koko
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by DEEHASAL(m): 3:46am On Oct 18, 2010
Most politicians in SW left the then AC because of Tinubu's influence who they think is too young to lead a whole region.
But some of them are returning back to beg for positions from him especially now that OBJ is no more in Power.
Everybody knew what happened in Osun state.It is not a fight against Tinubu but a silent war to undermine the wishes of the people.
People voted en-masse for Aregbesola because they wanted him as their governor.But OBJ thought otherwise-he ordered the release of a doctored result.
Totally against the free wishes of the people.
Today the populace are suffering the failure of Govt.
I just hope the Appeal Court will restore people's mandate freely given to Aregbesola.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by spikedcylinder: 6:23am On Oct 18, 2010
Remii:

Its up to him, but I wish he rejects the temptation because, historically, Aare Ona Kakanfo's don't end up peacefully, most of them died violently.

That's what I hear too. But isn't that just plain superstitious or coincidental?
It's one of the highest Yoruba honours ever, who wouldn't want to have it?
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
next stop is oyo but it's unfortunate to see there's no serious contender there to date. all na akala boys! sad
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Remii(m): 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2010
^^^ no governor has ever been reelected in Oyo State since the days of Old Oyo State till date, also no one has ever insulted the Olubadan without repercursion, they did it to Bola Ige, remember "Omo wa ni e je ko se e", in favour of Olunloyo. Awolowo did not win Ibadan central because of Adelabu factor, so for Akala win re election in Oyo after what he has been doing to the Olubadan and Alaafin, he needs more than taking care of the boys.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by olafolarin(m): 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2010
Justice and Prosperity will Never allow Akala to Win re-election in Oyo State.
The man is totally clueless on State Administration,has nö respect for Traditional
instituitions and rule of Law But continues to Run Oyo State with the Brain of Ant,
Greed and appetite of à thief and Street credibility/Popularity of à thug.
Nö thanks to OBJ And His do-or-die politics for forcing such à disaster on our collective Psyche.
He was à disgraced Police Officer,fraudulent LG Chairman and treacherous Deputy Governor before OBJ
used him to upstage the incumbent Governor.Ever since that state Lost every Sense of direction.

This is the more reason Why 2011 is very important in the political calendar of Oyo State.
Alao-Akala and His Co-travellers have to Be expunged from the political relevance of Oyo State
so that the State can reclaim its Lost glory As the powerhouse of the once progressive SouThWest.

The region's Adventure into mainstream politics Recorded its biggest misfortune in Oyo state and the
electorate now know the lesser of the two evils.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by KnowAll(m): 12:40am On Oct 22, 2010
[size=14pt]The re-instating of Fayemi is the best news to come out of Nigeria in 2010. The year has generally been a gloomy year, but for some reason last friday when the news broke, I went out to celebrate  as if I know the man. But then one should recognise a milestone when it happens and this verdit is the best thing to come out of Nigeria, I stand to repeat it for the tenth time, this is a titanic shift in the equation of the SW.

The good thing about the verdit is, it has put a halt to the IBB campaign machinery abrutly. This verdict is a wake-up call to the PDP hagglers, haggling over who would be the flag bearer of the party whilst ignoring the strenght of the opposition, there is a realisation within the PDP that if care is not taking the squabbles within the party would blow all asundry away with no prisoners, no wonder the North Central fell in line and throw there weight behind Jonathan.

The 3 SW votes of Ogun, Oyo, and Osun can no more be guranteed, new and trusted allainace needed to be formed. I am a happy bonny for fayemi.  grin grin[/size]
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2010
remii,
true talk but remember akala is a shrewd former police officer. he may well be able to 'settle' his way back into the state house come 2011! grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Remii(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^ he better think of doing that outside Ibadan so as to win heaving there to dilute Ibadan influence, but buying his way in Ib? what would he use to bribe Olubadan, Ladoja, Lam Adesina, Arisekola, Gbolarumi, the son of Adedibu or the Ibadan elders group, most of whom are very comfortable and are in advance ages,
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2010
remii,
bribe knows no age limit, so don't be too optimistic.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Remii(m): 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^^ lol,. I hear you ooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by seanet01: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Samartchoice. We know your kinds.
You will never be allowed again into the corridors of power in South West..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Security Operatives Avert Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri / Dogara: No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against 3 Reps Yet.. / Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.