Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,840 members, 7,962,764 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 04:13 PM

Baby Dies In Car Crash, Weeks Later Mom Sees A Detail In His Old Photo Everyone - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Baby Dies In Car Crash, Weeks Later Mom Sees A Detail In His Old Photo Everyone (642 Views)

2 Female Police Officers Die In Car Crash While On Their Way To Akwa Ibom (Pix) / ANSU Graduate Dies In Car Crash After Posting About "The Remedy To Death" (Pix) / Man And His Four Daughters Die In Car Crash In U.S. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Dies In Car Crash, Weeks Later Mom Sees A Detail In His Old Photo Everyone by stellapatu: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2019
Every mom does what she can to keep her kids safe no matter what. That means making sure they’re safely buckled up when they get in the car even when they aren’t riding with her.

Louisiana mother Holly Wagner was no exception to this rule. She always tried to make sure her two boys, 3 years old and 11 months old, stayed safe wherever they were going.

Then her worst nightmare began.One night, she received a call from the police. Her boyfriend and two sons had been in a serious car accident after her boyfriend had run a stop sign. While her then-boyfriend and oldest son had broken bones and sustained internal damage, that was nothing compared to what had happened to baby Cameron.

The car seat that Wagner thought would keep him safe had failed, and the force of the crash had thrown this toddler through the windshield into a ditch by the side of the road. As Wagner wrote on her blog: “he was resuscitated and spent 16 days in ICU. 8 surgeries in the first three days… his brain was damaged beyond repair. It would not allow his body to absorb any nutrients and my child was starving himself to death.”

Cameron passed away and Wagner began searching for answers as to why his car seat had failed. The key was in a picture she had posted just three weeks earlier of Cameron. The photo showed two massive red flags. As she captioned it: “Cameron all buckled in the WRONG way! ( He should be rear facing and the straps should not be twisted.)”As the days went on, what bothered Wagner the most was that the information was out there about the dangers of forward-facing car seats for infants, but she had never been told about it. “No one said anything. I wish someone had corrected me and told me he wasn’t restrained properly,” she told Redbook.

While she understands that parents are hesitant to approach other parents when they see something incorrect for fear of seeming strange or butting in, she believes things like car seat position are too important not to mention.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/baby-dies-in-car-crash-weeks-later-mom-sees-a-detail-in-his-old-photo-everyone-missed

Re: Baby Dies In Car Crash, Weeks Later Mom Sees A Detail In His Old Photo Everyone by hahn(m): 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
This is painful

Still I admire the woman's quest to find out "what" caused her son's death instead of doing what the average believer in imaginary beings does and that is blame "village people".

At least now she has taught others not to repeat the same mistake

1 Like

Re: Baby Dies In Car Crash, Weeks Later Mom Sees A Detail In His Old Photo Everyone by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
This is so heart-wrenching! RIP to the young blood. May we never make costly mistakes that will cost us a lot in our lives and that of our loved ones. Amen.
Re: Baby Dies In Car Crash, Weeks Later Mom Sees A Detail In His Old Photo Everyone by GOFRONT(m): 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
Chaiii

(1) (Reply)

Mexico Tourist Visa / Piease House Kindly Advice Me On This / How Can I Get To Edwin Clark University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.