Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,971 members, 7,936,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:50 AM

Must Read For Visitors Coming To Delta State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Must Read For Visitors Coming To Delta State (401 Views)

Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted / Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos) / The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read For Visitors Coming To Delta State by Virginnn(f): 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
On the 12 of august, a nairalander by the nick, Abdulizom shared sordid pictures of the horrible state of both sides of the Adeje axis of the Benin/Warri express way, how travelling through the road had become a nightmare due to the deep gullies which cut both sides of both lanes.
Initially, it was one lane that was damaged. That was over 5 months ago. Consequently. Motorists diverted to a single lane. But with time, the second lane caved in, making the road impassable particularly once it rained.
Relief came somehow as motorists diverted to the Old Adeje road, before joining the main express road at Otomewo or via Opuraja road at either sides. But at this very moment, the old Adeje road leading to Otomewo has also been damaged. Vehicles are literally now crawling on the roads. A journey of Warrior to Sapele that usually takes 30 minutes now takes 4 or more hours. As expected, transport fares have equally doubled or tripled in some cases.
To crown it all, the ember months are here. A time when high volume of traffic often find its way to the oil city of Warri.
How long will a people continue to groan and moan like a people without a leader? What did we I'm Niger delta do you Nigerians that you all are treating us like thrash? How can the federal government not spend a naiara I'm maintaining our roads, we who produce 95% of the nation wealth, yet it is throwing trillions fighting insurgency in the desert?
Only God will judge u all.
Photo credits: Abdulizom

Re: Must Read For Visitors Coming To Delta State by Virginnn(f): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
And

Re: Must Read For Visitors Coming To Delta State by Virginnn(f): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
Wetin consign me?

1 Like

Re: Must Read For Visitors Coming To Delta State by JubrinElSudan: 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2019
Going through Amukpe -Eku- Ovurie -Osubi road isn't upto 2 hours not to talk of 3 or 4 hours. But I understand where you are coming from. I ply that road daily (Warri to Oghara) and the fair can go as high as #1000 when the drivers want to misbehave.

(1) (Reply)

Compensation On Air France Flight AF149 From Lagos To Paris 7th Sep 2019 / Why Nigerians Shouldn't Relocate- Australian Man, Nadimbazyar Advises / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.