Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,388 members, 7,978,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:20 PM

- Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / (925 Views)

Chibawanye Ene Wins 2019 Ronald L. Bittner Award On Brain Tumor Research / UNIPORT Fresh Graduate Dies Of Brain Tumor (Photos) / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Baby From Womb, Operates On Her Tumor, Returns Her Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
I feel disconnected from my body/environment. I have Lost the ability to empathize, worsening hand coordination, no longer able to walk in a straight line. Reduced working memory( unable to subvocalize), no longer able to "think" in my head so I have to write out my thoughts on paper or soliloquize, and people now think I am mad because I speak to myself, but that is the only way I can think as I have lost the mental sketchpad to organise my thoughts.
Month after month I get a new symptom.
First it was the inability to visualize or recreate any of 5+ senses. Then it was inability to tolerate everyday sounds; quiet sounds became extremely loud and painful... then it was the inability to steady my vision when reading. I was basically unable to read. I pack carryover that year. Then it was sudden head scratching. I violently rub the back of my head when thinking. My hair has reduced growth and redness on one side of my head.
Then the inability to block external stimuli(ambient sounds, irregular movement within my field of vision). This one means my working memory is always filled with unnecessary "noise" and I thus have very little memory space at any time.
Then it was "allergy" to pepper. Eating pepper suddenly threw me into a state of confusion. I literally run mad, throwing the food away, sprinting intensely around the house before coming to a rest.
There are other symptoms that pop up.
By ish is that rate at which unrelated symptoms seem to appear isn't something I can attribute to just depression as other depressed people do not have even a fraction of my symptoms.
I am thinking that maybe there is an underlying factor which results in the sudden and rapid apperance of these symptoms.
I am suspecting a tumor, as I also have tinnitus on just one ear.

Please what do you think?
Re: by netzro(m): 12:25am On Sep 22, 2019
Squillaci:
I feel disconnected from my body/environment. I have Lost the ability to emphatize, worsening hand coordination, no longer able to walk in a straight line. Reduced working memory( unable to subvocalize), no longer able to "think" in my head so I have to write out my thoughts on paper or soliloquize, and people now think I am mad because I speak to myself, but that is the only way I can think as I have lost the mental sketchpad to organise my thoughts.
First it was the inability to visualize or recreate any of 5+ senses. Then it was inability to tolerate everyday sounds; quiet sounds became extremely loud and painful... then it was the inability to steady my vision when reading. I was basically unable to read. I pack carryover that year. Then it was sudden head scratching. I violently rub the back of my head when thinking. My hair has reduced growth and redness on one side of my head.
Then the inability to block external stimuli(ambient sounds, irregular movement within my field of vision). This one means my working memory is always filled with unnecessary "noise" and I thus have very little memory space at any time.
Then it was "allergy" to pepper. Eating pepper suddenly threw me into a state of confusion. I literally run mad, throwing the food away, sprinting intensely around the house before coming to a rest.
By ish is that rate at which unrelated symptoms seem to appear isn't something I can attribute to just depression as other depressed people do not have even a fraction of my symptoms.
I am thinking that maybe there is an underlying factor which results in the sudden and rapid apperance of these symptoms.

First things first, go see a doctor for proper diagnosis then treatment then nairaland

My 2 kobo

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 22, 2019
netzro:

First things first, go see a doctor for proper diagnosis then treatment then nairaland

My 2 kobo
My psychiatrist grouped some of my symptoms into depression, the tens of other symptoms were left uncategorized and untreated. I didn't see how depression could cause many of the other symptoms. I am thinking that maybe something caused all these symptoms of which the tag "depression" just happens to fit some.
Re: by Healthyway15: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2019
Squillaci:
I feel disconnected from my body/environment. I have Lost the ability to emphatize, worsening hand coordination, no longer able to walk in a straight line. Reduced working memory( unable to subvocalize), no longer able to "think" in my head so I have to write out my thoughts on paper or soliloquize, and people now think I am mad because I speak to myself, but that is the only way I can think as I have lost the mental sketchpad to organise my thoughts.

Hello... Sorry about your condition

I'm very sure you are having Cerebrovascular and Mind Enhancement Problems. You need psychological and Mind Enhancement treatment, the earlier the better for you.

For enquiries, you can get in touch with us on whatsapp : 08164269252
Re: by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2019
Re: by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 20, 2020
Squillaci Have you gotten a diagnoses?
Re: by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On May 20, 2020
Whoever said mental illness is not real is a goat, as far as I am concerned. cheesy grin cheesy
@OP, the problem with mental illness is that even the so-called experts are still trying to piece it all together, but that don't mean they can't get you the information to guide you to the right path.
If you believe you have a brain tumor, might as well go get one, to at least clear your own anxieties of such things. I did, back in 2010. The relief I got from knowing I didn't have a brain tumor helped me make the decision to seek out other possible treatments out there.
Re: by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 20, 2020
Dew04:
Squillaci
Have you gotten a diagnoses?
Yea. But not gotten a brain scan.
Re: by NaBanga: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2020
Squillaci:

I do not answer emails. You may have an early onset neurodegenerative disease. You may have a brain tumor. If you are not taking drugs (tramadol, meth, cocaine, etc), then it could be an environmental poison. If you are hearing voices, it may be new onset schizophrenia. The truth is that I have no way of knowing what you have via this internet. My advice is to schedule an appointment with a neurologist. If you find your condition worsening without any help, just japa to Ghana for better healthcare.
Re: by missjekyll: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2020
Squillaci:
I feel disconnected from my body/environment. I have Lost the ability to empathize, worsening hand coordination, no longer able to walk in a straight line. Reduced working memory( unable to subvocalize), no longer able to "think" in my head so I have to write out my thoughts on paper or soliloquize, and people now think I am mad because I speak to myself, but that is the only way I can think as I have lost the mental sketchpad to organise my thoughts.

Hi my friend. So sorry that I havent responded to your emails. You have got a couple of concerning symptoms. I would 100 percent advice a psychiatry review in a teaching hospital. The good thing about a teaching hospital is that a neurologist can weigh in at very little additional cost.
I m really sorry you are feeling unwell and hope you get better soon
Re: by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 23, 2020
missjekyll:

Hi my friend. So sorry that I havent responded to your emails. You have got a couple of concerning symptoms. I would 100 percent advice a psychiatry review in a teaching hospital. The good thing about a teaching hospital is that a neurologist can weigh in at very little additional cost.
I m really sorry you are feeling unwell and hope you get better soon

Thank you.
I am already an outpatient of UPTH Neuropsychiatric clinic. Made little progress. I haven't tried the neurologists though.
Re: by missjekyll: 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
Squillaci:

Thank you.
I am already an outpatient of UPTH Neuropsychiatric clinic. Made little progress. I haven't tried the neurologists though.

Would you like to try a neurologist then? you are entitled to a second opinion.
Re: by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
missjekyll:

Would you like to try a neurologist then? you are entitled to a second opinion.

Sure, I will like to try a neurologist.
Re: by missjekyll: 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Squillaci:

Sure, I will like to try a neurologist.
I am certainly not one. lol. you can enquire from your neuro psychiatrist whether you can be referred to a neurologist to look you over.
Re: by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
missjekyll:

I am certainly not one. lol. you can enquire from your neuro psychiatrist whether you can be referred to a neurologist to look you over.
Ok ma. Thank you. I will try.

1 Like

Re: by Ilekokonit: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Try and sleep at least 10 hours a day from today and see if the symptoms don't go away. Don't take anything with caffeine after 5pm so that it won't wake you up too early. This includes tea, coffee, paracetamol, energy drinks and lucozade.

If you can't find sleep early then try eating some bananas, little bit of bread and sweetened warm milk and don't do any brain work or reading too close to bedtime including coming on Nairaland too close to bedtime as you could get sucked in and spend your whole sleeping time on nairaland.

If the above still doesn't bring sleep then as a last resort you can buy a sleep aid that promotes natural sleep called Nytol from a reputable Pharmacy. This is different from Valium which is an addictive sleeping tabled. But if you must take Nytol don't take more than one tablet and only for limited periods as though its not addictive, you don't want to depend on it as a crutch.

Also try to keep your nights exclusively for sleep and avoid the temptation to work or play all day and still want to work at night.

Sleep is the best medicine but not a lot of people know this.

Aim for at least 10 hours of sleep a night and you will be fine after a few days and try to block out all noise and light in the room you are sleeping in at night.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ilekokonit:
Try and sleep at least 10 hours a day from today and see if the symptoms don't go away. Don't take anything with caffeine after 5pm so that it won't wake you up too early. This includes tea, coffee, paracetamol, energy drinks and lucozade.

If you can't find sleep early then try eating some bananas, little bit of bread and sweetened warm milk and don't do any brain work or reading too close to bedtime including coming on Nairaland too close to bedtime as you could get sucked in and spend your whole sleeping time on nairaland.

If the above still doesn't bring sleep then as a last resort you can buy a sleep aid that promotes natural sleep called Nytol from a reputable Pharmacy. This is different from Valium which is an addictive sleeping tabled. But if you must take Nytol don't take more than one tablet and only for limited periods as though its not addictive, you don't want to depend on it as a crutch.

Also try to keep your nights exclusively for sleep and avoid the temptation to work or play all day and still want to work at night.

Sleep is the best medicine but not a lot of people know this.

Aim for at least 10 hours of sleep a night and you will be fine after a few days and try to block out all noise light in the room you are sleeping in at night.

Thanks man.
I have done this for a long time. Tried this throughout 2018 and nothing happened.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Treatment For Prolapse Of The Uterus: / Sitz Bath Bowl Available In Wholesale For Hospitals and retailers / Hand Sanitizer Wholesale Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.