Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,228 members, 7,936,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:11 PM

Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar (3282 Views)

Tinubu Releases Manifestos, Tags It "Renewed Hope" / 2019: How Political Parties Are Raking In Billions / 'Politicians Defecting To Other Parties Are Mentally Unstable' – Timipre Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by JosEast(m): 6:00am On Oct 02, 2019
A former governor of Kano State, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau (APC, Kano) has said that all political parties in the country have similar manifestoes and constitutions. He made the assertion during the 59th Nigerian Independence lectures organised by Hudaibiyya Centre held at Aminu Kano College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Kano.

“Speaking from experience, when we wanted to form the All Progressives Congress (APC), I was among the three people that represented 89 people in the processes. We worked for six months trying to form the constitution and manifesto of APC and in the process we collected the constitutions and manifestos of over 30 registered political parties in the country. “To our surprise, all the parties have similar manifestos and constitutions but with different use of English, therefore whichever political party one belongs to is as good as the others and vice versa.

“If you are in doubt, get a copy of all the party constitutions and manifestos and you will understand what I am saying,” he said. Earlier in his presentation, Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed said Nigeria as a nation was in need of trustworthy leadership better than anything. He added that, “the bitter truth is that the North has not benefitted from President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/political-parties-manifestoes-constitutions-similar-shekarau.html
Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by 2undeee(m): 6:04am On Oct 02, 2019
Okay call when it reaches front page
Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by eTECTIV: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2019
We do not have political parties in dis country.. What we have are parties for political prostitutes dats why it's so easy for dem to decamp from one place to d other like it's a normal thing.. Dats why dis country is still stuck in d stone age becos d opposition is always a gathering of aggrieved ruling party members and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by gambia(m): 6:51am On Oct 02, 2019
Noted
Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by Mexzy4sho(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2019
Which way Naija ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by Blessed13(m): 6:53am On Oct 02, 2019
So

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by Elvixbeatz(m): 6:54am On Oct 02, 2019
U talk of copy and paste. I remember failing an assignment in uniben becos I was d only one wit a different write up from d rest of d class just to discover later my writeup was d only correct 1...
Everything is dead in this country except corruption...

I HV long ago given up on d country.. Dey shud sell dis country and share the money let's all go and find WHR to join.. Our leaders are the problem youths ar not ready to fight for their life not right again.. Youths that will stage protest for a stupid mentally unbalanced bbn candidate disqualified. BT won't protest for detained sowore trying to stand for a beta Nigeria....

Every stupid youth will b like I dey hustle one day my client go pay. After all oyibos dem na our problems.. Oga oyibo no b ur problem o na your leaders and you na him b ur problems..

Wise up ppl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by aolawale025: 6:56am On Oct 02, 2019
Its true. The parties are essentially one of the same
Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by omoadeleye(m): 6:59am On Oct 02, 2019
Lol, everything na copy nd paste
Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by Germi9: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2019
What is this one talking sef.dunce.
Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by SHOPPERS(m): 7:07am On Oct 02, 2019
He's just saying they copied the manifestos and constitutions of PDP back then.

No biggie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by adioolayi(m): 7:17am On Oct 02, 2019
If you think Political parties are different...Now you have your answers. The only difference is to what extent does any of the political parties in power have the masses at heart vis-a-vis the implementation of their manifestos and upholding their constitution.
Sincerely, political parties are better of than each other in this regard.

2 Likes

Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by SEEDORF441(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2019
I think say na book haram leader "shekarau"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by Ahmeduana(m): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2019
Why won't them be similar? When the constitution was drafted by the person of late CHIEF BOLA IGE and since then it has been going on the journey of COPY AND PASTE, from the group of 34 to AC to PDP to APC ANPP to........many and many more! undecided
Re: Shekerau Says Manifestos and Constitutions Of Political Parties Are Similar by renewable1(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2019
Hmmmmm

WE CAN HELP YOU GET AN AFFORDABLE SOLAR POWER SYSTEM

(1) (Reply)

No Longer North Central Call Us Middle Belt Or Central Nigeria. / How IPOB Kidnapped and Killed The Military Couple / Breaking News!!! See How Ijaws See Atiku!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.