Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,232 members, 7,936,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:32 PM

Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project (14772 Views)

Equinor Exits Nigeria After 30 Years, Sells Its Assets To Chappal Energies / Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) / Billionaire Femi Otedola Sells Forte Oil, Exits Fuel Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by livebyday(m): 7:04am On Oct 13, 2019
They are all threatened Facebook libra will render they Monopoly over virtual payments irrelevant
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by helinues: 7:05am On Oct 13, 2019
Xisnin:

I saw it but it is irrelevant to his launching of crypto.

Irrelevant? Cos you are not a facebook admin does not mean you should be heartless
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by CONFAMA: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2019
Xisnin:
It looks like the only reason PayPal and the rest joined in the first place is to pull out at a critical stage
so that the project could fail.

What was mark thinking when majors competitors to his planned crypto easily promised to partner with him?

Exactly. They were just out to sabotage him out of envy.
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by CONFAMA: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2019
livebyday:
They are all threatened Facebook libra will render they Monopoly over virtual payments irrelevant
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Basher8583: 8:22am On Oct 13, 2019
mcmukoko12:
FB can do it alone. Forget these people.

Mark!!! My brother's from the other side of Nigeria don dey start to ginger you oh.
Make you run fast and do the opposite of what they are urging you to do.
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by olexjay(m): 8:41am On Oct 13, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:
Heavy blow to M.Z, i wonder if Libra is actually going to survive this,
Libra was supposed to be the next big thing; even bigger than bitcoin, I was actually patiently waiting so that I could catch the rise of it.

I think there are loads of billionaires who are even richer than Mark Zuckerberg having investment on bitcoin, they will always want to prevent their investments, libra can stand like the altcoin anyway, just my opinion anyway
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Zuckerberg would go it alone....... Simples......

Not when he fails to get regulators' approval grin

No one wants a single individual controlling the world economy. Worst still in the hands of Facebook, the same company that has proven itself to be untrustworthy by repeatedly selling users' personal data without consent.

Good riddance to bad rubbish grin

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Lexusgs430: 9:02am On Oct 13, 2019
Noel1:

Not when he fails to get Regulators' approval grin

No one wants a single individual having all say on the world economy...

They would tidy the regulators end.............

He already has absolute ctrl on SM nah....... Small small, butterfly go enta bush...... grin
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:

They would tidy the regulators end.............

He already has absolute ctrl on SM nah....... Small small, butterfly go enta bush...... grin

Even Visas, Stripes, Master Card, Uber, Paypal all dropped when they realized that associating with the Libra project was putting their companies at risk with world financial regulators.

Facebook is only left with one member now - who would soon drop out in the midst of the heat. grin
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 13, 2019
Basher8583:

Mark!!! My brother's from the other side of Nigeria don dey start to ginger you oh.
Make you run fast and do the opposite of what they are urging you to do.
Nigerians are rooting for Libra just because Paypal has refused to allow Nigerians receive money. But to say the fact: the Libra thing is too risky to pass financial regulators' tests.

Trusting the world economy into the hands of a single entity - led by facebook?

If allowed, because of facebook's wide user base, libra would become so powerful that the Libra association can easily dictate exchange values for world currencies ( including the dollar ) just by manipulating the Libra. The US can't accept that...

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by musicwriter(m): 10:12am On Oct 13, 2019
When Paypal exited I didn't get the full picture but since Ebay, MasterCard, VISA exited, its clear to me they were never interested from the beginning but just wanted to get Libra secrets before exiting. Note that they're all the same group of companies........they're simply threatened but they won't admit it.

If this project succeeds, it would replace MasterCard and VISA in the long run because they'll also issue cards later. In fact, MasterCard and VISA would regret this in future.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by mercyviv(f): 10:22am On Oct 13, 2019
Facebook just wanna have its mark on everything. Why?!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by pacespot(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2019
I think there is a kind of political campaign against this crypto initiative by Facebook in the West, because dollars will be affected the most.
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by pacespot(m): 10:44am On Oct 13, 2019
Edgarated:
Mark wants to introduce one currency system.
New world order

Exactly what USA has stood firm against for decades, China proposed a one-currency system some decades ago but the Western powers declined.

That dollar is the number-one USA world order, they don't want to see anything that will shake it like this Facebook Libra.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by paddyofboss(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2019
bestman09:
sad

My concern is to get the coins early, as much as I can
Is an ICO out already?
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Basher8583: 11:30am On Oct 13, 2019
Noel1:

Nigerians are rooting for Libra just because Paypal has refused to allow Nigerians receive money. But to say the fact: the Libra thing is too risky to pass financial regulators' tests.

Trusting the world economy into the hands of a single entity - led by facebook?

If allowed, because of facebook's wide user base, libra would become so powerful that the Libra association can easily dictate exchange values for world currencies ( including the dollar ) just by manipulating the Libra. The US can't accept that...

Spot on bro. Very intelligent analysis
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by monogram: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:
Mark is just too greedy and self centred.. The Libra things should die for once cos Na awaiting rubbish like facebook.

Apart from using Facebook for personal stuffs, facebook page is more than hellish..

Less than 15% of posts will be displayed on fans/subscribers timelines. Maka why?
There is a clear difference between greed and maximizing your potentials and opportunities created by your hardwork. Who told you Libra is rubbish? grin Even bitcoin stands no chance once its fully implemented.Every one is just protecting their interest, dont get fooled with the actions of great supreme ancient processors like painpal grin

1 Like

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:
Mark is just too greedy and self centred.. The Libra things should die for once cos Na awaiting rubbish like facebook.

Apart from using Facebook for personal stuffs, facebook page is more than hellish..

Less than 15% of posts will be displayed on fans/subscribers timelines. Maka why?
This is the poor mentality speaking.... He is too greedy for wanting a crypto currency... People like you that think money is scarce is why we are backward....

The largest market in the world where $5.7tn is traded daily wasn't always that big though but grew with time so is circulation of money.... It's projected to hit about $6trillion in 2025....
And you obviously don't know a dime about the financial market crisis of 2008... It lead people to wonder... How could the whole financial system crash at the same time.... Something had to be done... The Chinese(even though they will deny since no one wants to claim responsibility) recognized a flaw in the system(human beings) and decided to bring out a fully decentralized system away from any prying eyes or greedy policies something similar to digital communism.... Blockchain tech and crypto is the back up plan to the financial sector... In case it crashes there will be something to cushion the effect

Just because you haven't made it with Facebook doesn't mean others haven't..... Ur fb page subscribers have an average of at least 200 active users who are in at least 3 active groups and spend a total of 5hours at different time intervals daily..... How do you expect 100% of ur updates to be shown..... See this one o....

Ur just pained and it's not marks fault....
Ur just like my lecturers in school who give you assignment and expect you write what's in their head for them.... When u don't then ur not serious... How does that sound to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by helinues: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
thariodamaniac:

This is the poor mentality speaking.... He is too greedy for wanting a crypto currency... People like you that think money is scarce is why we are backward....

The largest market in the world where $5.7tn is traded daily wasn't always that big.... It's projected to hit about $6trillion in 2025.... Just because you haven't made it with Facebook doesn't mean others haven't..... Ur fb page subscribers have an average of at least 200 active users who are in at least 3 active groups and spend a total of 5hours at different time intervals daily..... How do you expect 100% of ur updates to be shown..... See this one o....

Ur just pained and it's not marks fault....
Ur just like my lecturers in school who give you assignment and expect you write what's in their head for them.... When u don't then ur not serious... How does that sound to you

Are you a Facebook admin? Or this is just your analogy ?

Clarification would be better for further engagements
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:

Are you a Facebook admin? Or this is just your analogy ?

Clarification would be better for further engagements
Facebook admin... U think say fb na nairaland wey admin dey form... gods among us...
Facebook uses an algorithm based system semi automated... Where each post is displayed according to the relevance deemed necessary by the users themselves....
The relevance is known through the use of machine learning for gathering data about the users past activity periodically and knowing what ads or posts to display to the users to keep them hooked and addicted
And also to know how the consumer taste has changed.... Bad for the user but good for them....
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by helinues: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Facebook admin... U think say fb na nairaland wey admin dey form... gods among us...
Facebook uses an algorithm based system semi automated... Where each post is displayed according to the relevance deemed necessary by the users themselves....
The relevance is known through the use of machine learning for gathering data about the users past activity periodically and knowing what ads or posts to display to the users to keep them hooked and addicted
And also to know how the consumer taste has changed.... Bad for the user but good for them....

Na simple questions I asked you and you went astray .. I was thinking you would countered the less than 15% post displacements on fans timelines

Gibberish
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:

Na simple questions I asked you and you went astray .. I was thinking you would countered the less than 15% post displacements on fans timelines

Gibberish
Simple explanation I give you u no understand.... Think of ur fans as the Facebook users in my explanation.... Think of their engagement with ur brand use the analysis I gave in the first and second explanation to get ur answer.....
Or were you expecting me to give you an exact method to put ur post on the news feed of everyone that has commented on ur post or reason why only 15% are engaged or why Facebook "admins" decided to limit ur reach....
After stating that ur fans and their engagement level matters and the possibility of ur post showing up on their timeline.... in the second reply, I still told you why that happens...

Yet u don't understand...
Sorry na ur name

1 Like

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by helinues: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Simple explanation I give you u no understand.... Think of ur fans as the Facebook users in my explanation.... Think of their engagement with ur brand use the analysis I gave in the first and second explanation to get ur answer.....
Or were you expecting me to give you an exact method to put ur post on the news feed of everyone that has commented on ur post or reason why only 15% are engaged or why Facebook "admins" decided to limit ur reach....
After stating that ur fans and their engagement level and the possibility of ur post showing up on their timeline.... in the second reply, I still told you why that happens...

Yet u don't understand...
Sorry na ur name

Who is talking about post engagements? I am talking about post displacements on fans timelines.

Guy, your over sabi enter post ooo
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:

Who is talking about engagements? I am talking about post displacements on fans timelines.

Guy, your over sabi enter post ooo
What causes displacement of post on fans timeline.... When u answer that question then we can continue.... U talk about displacement like fb just throws ur post around ur fans news feed just like that....
Abeg if u no know weytin u dey talk about just dey ur dey..... I can see ur thinking in terms of urself.... Well guess what... Fb doesn't give 2 bleeps about u as a brand.... What matters is what their customers want...

It's always me.. me... me... It doesn't matter what u do... What matters is whether u are wanted... From ur point of view is always "my activities are displaced".... From fb it is.. "this brand is not as relevant"
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by nigeriapenInfo: 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
Xisnin:

I saw it but it is irrelevant to his launching of crypto.

See More Hot Comments Here: https://www.topmag.pw/2019/10/13/mastercard-visa-and-ebay-among-latest-in-facebook-libra-exit/

1 Like

Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by helinues: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
thariodamaniac:

What causes displacement of post on fans timeline.... When u answer that question then we can continue.... U talk about displacement like fb just throws ur post around ur fans news feed just like that....
Abeg if u no know weytin u dey talk about just dey ur dey..... I can see ur thinking in terms of urself.... Well guess what... Fb doesn't give 2 bleeps about u as a brand.... What matters is what their customers want...

It's always me.. me... me... It doesn't matter what u do... What matters is whether u are wanted... From ur point of view is always "my activities are displaced".... From fb it is.. "this brand is not as relevant"

Chisos!

I give up.. or make i kuku say i don hear you

You dont know what you are talking about ....
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by ibietela2(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:

15% is HIGH o
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by haryomikun(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:
Heavy blow to M.Z, i wonder if Libra is actually going to survive this,
Libra was supposed to be the next big thing; even bigger than bitcoin, I was actually patiently waiting so that I could catch the rise of it.

Bigger than Bitcoin? What is this one saying?

Libra na stablecoin oga. Google am
Re: Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project by haryomikun(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
opalu:
If you read the stories of every great project on earth today, you wont be bothered by this initial set back. Libra will erase the use of most currencies on earth.
Old news... Bitcoin already leads the pace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Safe Is CALA Investment? / CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ / What Exchange Is Used In A Naira Mastercard Dollar Transaction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.