Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,095 members, 7,963,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:14 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (188346 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2011
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2011
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2011
Sorry ^^^ wrong video grin grin grin

samsung galaxy s2

[flash=460,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUdoMSqqZtQ[/flash]
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 11:41am On Apr 30, 2011
grin grin the Samsung Galaxy S 2 is the best smartphone out there according to ENGADJET. grin grin this makes me a proud owner of a Galaxy S grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by naijatoday: 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2011
otumfour:

grin grin the Samsung Galaxy S 2 is the best smartphone out there according to ENGADJET. grin grin this makes me a proud owner of a Galaxy S grin grin

Thanks. I was actually thinking of buying the Nokia N-8 or E-7 but the problem is there apps are not all that.

I am also looking at the xperia X10 but I am not sold on that one.

If I get an unlock phone (say samsung S2) in the U.S and bring it to Nigeria, will I be able to buy a power chord to fit Nija's system.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2011
@naija today? When buying the unlocked sgs2 in the us wont it come with a power cord? Well if you really to know the power cord sold in nigeria also works for the us sgs. My sgs was bought from the us unlocked and I have had to buy some accessories for it from samsung here in nigeria and they all work perfectly.
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 2:39pm On May 01, 2011
naijatoday:

Thanks. I was actually thinking of buying the Nokia N-8 or E-7 but the problem is there apps are not all that.

I am also looking at the xperia X10 but I am not sold on that one.

If I get an unlock phone (say samsung S2) in the U.S and bring it to Nigeria, will I be able to buy a power chord to fit Nija's system.
Well, I'm in GH. but, its gonna work juz fine wit its original charger so go ahead and cap urself tht monster  (SGS2) gadjet bruv.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2011
otumfour:

How does a new smartphone make you the proud owner of the previous version?

It's worth noting that a large proportion of Engadget Android commenters have expressed regret at buying the original Galaxy S, thanks to Samsung's pathetic strategy in rolling out updates and the poor GPS in the phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 11:40pm On May 01, 2011
@tex, give the guy a break, he is just happy that the successor to his sgs is getting such a huge credit even though it wasn't same for his sgs after launch. Though samsung's inability to provide updates on time for the sgs is disappointing, dev's support for the phone took care of all samsung's shortcomings. my gps locks under 3-5secs thanks to developers.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 9:45am On May 02, 2011
Nice specs

can't deny the uncanny resemblance of the icons though. . .

lil bit biased towards Evo 3D. hope it won't disappoint
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2011
texazzpete:

1. Cuz its the successor to my SGS which makes it a very big deal
2. Cuz the SGS2 is the best phone out there @ the mo
3. Cuz Engadjet being an Iphone biased site has confirmed it being the best smartphone out there
4. Cuz ma SGS 1 still shixts grin on other fons wit its Super Amoled screen
5. Cuz my SGS is the best phone I've ever used till date
6. Cuz my next fon is the SGS2
texazzpete:

When you can get a new Galaxy S for around 76k, there's no reason to spring for the Desire for 60k.

grin grin grin cuz u'v been recommending the SGS 1 to people urself petey grin grin
belushi7:

@tex, give the guy a break, he is just happy that the successor to his sgs is getting such a huge credit even though it wasn't same for his sgs after launch. Though samsung's inability to provide updates on time for the sgs is disappointing, dev's support for the phone took care of all samsung's shortcomings. my gps locks under 3-5secs thanks to developers.
belushi said it best in the end
Re: Android, Anyone? by Maximip(m): 12:36pm On May 02, 2011
texazzpete:

Owning the SGS makes you feel you're part of an excellent successful product family and you just feel proud of the achievements of the SGS2

texazzpete:

It's worth noting that a large proportion of Engadget Android commenters have expressed regret at buying the original Galaxy S, thanks to Samsung's pathetic strategy in rolling out updates and the poor GPS in the phone.

Samsung is still in the top 3 of android phone makers that are quick on updates. Above LG, SonyEricsson, Motorola, etc. They are only behind HTC
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 2:40pm On May 02, 2011
^^^^^ thank u bruv
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 8:27pm On May 02, 2011
[flash=900,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788MeU_msMI[/flash]
even wit Super Amoled on my SGS my fon can cause blindness, I can only imagine what the Super Amoled Plus will do grin grin grin, i can neva go wrong wit an Amoled screen meehhhn grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:25pm On May 02, 2011
Maximip:

Samsung is still in the top 3 of android phone makers that are quick on updates. Above LG, SonyEricsson, Motorola, etc. They are only behind HTC

I'm not talking about Samsung. I'm talking about the Samsung Galaxy S. There's a big difference between a company and a phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 5:12am On May 03, 2011
Andy, Andrew
ANDROID. Ok guys i'm planning to finally get a tab running on android by june june . I've been reading through and finally settled for the Motorola xoom. Any one know where i can get the best deal for that device in naija ?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:57am On May 03, 2011
edoyad:

Andy, Andrew
ANDROID. Ok guys i'm planning to finally get a tab running on android by june june . I've been reading through and finally settled for the Motorola xoom. Any one know where i can get the best deal for that device in naija ?
i would advice u to stick to getting it online n find sm1 to ship it to u here; cos getting it in naija may be a big feat cos its new. . . i.e if u can find it; and even wenu do u may hv to pay too much for it
well just my two cents sha
cheers wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 12:23pm On May 03, 2011
lynxnoon:

i would advice u to stick to getting it online n find sm1 to ship it to u here; cos getting it in naija may be a big feat cos its new. . . i.e if u can find it; and even wenu do u may hv to pay too much for it
well just my two cents sha
cheers wink

Thanks, now the problems finding someone to do the deed for me.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2011
Why would you buy a Xoom when you can get the Asus eee transformer for far less? Same quality, much lower price. Even the upcoming 10 inch Galaxy Tab is a much better deal than the xoom!
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 3:21pm On May 03, 2011
texazzpete:

Why would you buy a Xoom when you can get the Asus eee transformer for far less? Same quality, much lower price. Even the upcoming 10 inch Galaxy Tab is a much better deal than the xoom!
I disagree with you on that, i'v been on the case for a while now and virtually all the reviews agree that the dual core xoom is next to none. The only problem is the pricing, i guess
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2011
On a second thought, just checked the specs on the Transformer, it's quite affordable on the upside. Hmm
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 03, 2011
which android phones are in most demand in Nigeria?
Re: Android, Anyone? by xtonimarie: 6:00pm On May 03, 2011
otumfour:

I feel the same way too ma broda.
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 6:20pm On May 03, 2011
Now I am wondering how NOKIA will be able to favourably compete ( not to talk of beating the reach ) when it finally roles out the WP7. Android is now dislodging the remaining vestige of love and hope I have for Nokia Symbian.
Re: Android, Anyone? by naijatoday: 8:08pm On May 03, 2011
ziccoit:

Now I am wondering how NOKIA will be able to favourably compete ( not to talk of beating the reach ) when it finally roles out the WP7. Android is now dislodging the remaining vestige of love and hope I have for Nokia Symbian.

Nokia is in trouble, why did they pick windows instead of Android.
Re: Android, Anyone? by naijatoday: 8:12pm On May 03, 2011
texazzpete:

How about HTC Flyer ?
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:13pm On May 03, 2011
naijatoday:

Nokia is in trouble, why did they pick windows instead of Android.

Why do you people keep asking this same question when the answer is so obvious?

In Nokia's heydays, they had the hardware, solid cameras and a decent OS. Their flagship phones were easy winners when compared to the phones churned out by their rivals (chunky Winmo phones from LG and Samsung, crappy featurephones from the others, Slow and buggy Sony Ericcson phones)
In the post-iphone world, everyone has seemingly embraced excellent hardware design. Samsung now make their own top notch camera sensors that can rival anything Nokia brings out. LG and HTC phones are solidly built.

Moving to Android would have left Nokia just one of many. Imagine Nokia releasing an Android powered N9 in July. They'd have to compete with Samsung's Galaxy series, LG's Optimus 2X and Black dual core phones, HTC Sensation (and like 5 other high end HTC phones). And that's just in Europe!
In North America, they'd struggle to make any headway against the well entrenched players like Motorola, LG, Samsung etc.

Going with Win Phone 7 gives them a chance to stand out and impress. WP7 as it stands is already much sleeker and cooler looking than Android and iOS, all it needs is some more polish and some improvements to the OS. And I can see Nokia excelling with this.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 1:46pm On May 04, 2011
@edoyad, you migjht have to check The specs of that Asus transformer again , I think the one out there presently is for wifi only that is why its priced $400, the GSM version is not yet out and that will definitely cost more.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 8:14pm On May 05, 2011
i fully concor with tex's argument on nokia and windows phone. in fact, all they need to do to woe me is increasing available apps in their market for WP7 to a level close to that of android market and i'm sold completely. Nokia has the best support for emerging markets like ours. They even include nigeria for pre-orders! If for their WP7 line up consumers in nigeria will enjoy the same support nokia has been known for then i think it will be the best smartphone to own. i really like my android but i must admit, when i used the HD7 for about a month i developed a whole new love. The WP7 U.I is silky smooth and exciting.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 8:36pm On May 05, 2011
Waiting for HTC Evo 3D,
I just sold my desire, i'm back to my old phone with windows mobile 6.5,
Chai! grin
The thing is very painful to use o! tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by jmaine: 9:31pm On May 05, 2011
texazzpete:

Why do you people keep asking this same question when the answer is so obvious?

In Nokia's heydays, they had the hardware, solid cameras and a decent OS. Their flagship phones were easy winners when compared to the phones churned out by their rivals (chunky Winmo phones from LG and Samsung, crappy featurephones from the others, Slow and buggy Sony Ericcson phones)
In the post-iphone world, everyone has seemingly embraced excellent hardware design. Samsung now make their own top notch camera sensors that can rival anything Nokia brings out. LG and HTC phones are solidly built.

Moving to Android would have left Nokia just one of many. Imagine Nokia releasing an Android powered N9 in July. They'd have to compete with Samsung's Galaxy series, LG's Optimus 2X and Black dual core phones, HTC Sensation (and like 5 other high end HTC phones). And that's just in Europe!
In North America, they'd struggle to make any headway against the well entrenched players like Motorola, LG, Samsung etc.

Going with Win Phone 7 gives them a chance to stand out and impress. WP7 as it stands is already much sleeker and cooler looking than Android and iOS, all it needs is some more polish and some improvements to the OS. And I can see Nokia excelling with this.

Well thought out post . .if you combine the sleekness and fluidity of the WP7 OS and the sheer firepower and excellent hardware design of Nokia . . then you have an ultimate winner in the smartphone realm . .reminds me of that quote that states " Two Good Heads are Better Than One" grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.