Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,096 members, 7,963,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:18 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (188347 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 3:27pm On May 25, 2011
blacklion:

I will post whatever questions I deem fit on this thread and seek whatever information on nairaland or anywhere else on the web as I see fit.

Good to hear that. Questions are meant to be responded to, you know?
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 9:56pm On May 25, 2011
texazzpete:

You're asking for a COMPARISON you dolt! How many people here would have used BOTH phones enough to give a 'real world' opinion of their differences?

A decent review would cover everything from the screen size (4 inch, 4.3 inch etc), Screen tech (SLCD, SAMOLED), real world camera photo and video performance, benchmarks, processor speed, radio frequencies, battery life, bloatware etc in addition to the preloaded OS variant.

Dolt.

Texazzpete, i dont think this site will be of much help to people if everyone goes this harsh for questions asked (no matter how low they sound). You need to chill a bit. If you think you can help blacklion go ahead and answer his questions. If you know of a site where his questions are better answered just go ahead and offer. Dont come hard on questions you deem stupid. Their answers may be of help to a lot more than just the person asking. I am meeting up with someone on this thread to help fix is sgs that almost got bricked. I didnt know jack initially, but with people attending to my enquiries on several blogs/sites i am pretty good with handling androids and winmos today. I have learned one or two things on nairalad and i am sure you too. Allow others.
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 1:34am On May 26, 2011
avi2612:

@lynx noon
Dude u got the atrix,
Have been looking at it, seriously
But was thinking n getting confused if that or galaxy s2 or htc sensation,
What wud u suggest as u have the atrix
Just waiting to sell my nexus one so can get one,
Pls do advice, I did cheek the atrix on YouTube but everyone was like why the he'll does it have motoblur ,

hope this helps dude, apart from the speed tha SGSII carries after raping the HTC SENSATION in this vid. , u can neva go wrong wit tha Super Amoled Plus cool

[flash=900,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAuNsHPnK3I[/flash]
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 6:30pm On May 26, 2011
belushi7:

Texazzpete, i dont think this site will be of much help to people if everyone goes this harsh for questions asked (no matter how low they sound). You need to chill a bit. If you think you can help blacklion go ahead and answer his questions. If you know of a site where his questions are better answered just go ahead and offer. Dont come hard on questions you deem silly. Their answers may be of help to a lot more than just the person asking. I am meeting up with someone on this thread to help fix is sgs that almost got bricked. I didnt know jack initially, but with people attending to my enquiries on several blogs/sites i am pretty good with handling androids and winmos today. I have learned one or two things on nairalad and i am sure you too. Allow others.

My initial response wasn't really harsh. All i did was wonder aloud why you'd throw such a question in the Nairaland whitespace when you'd get a more definitive answer from reading detailed reviews. Your situation is completely different.
He DID call me a troll, you know.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:51pm On May 26, 2011
troll 1 |trōl|
noun
a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:32pm On May 26, 2011
Double N:

troll 1 |trōl|
noun
a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hehe.

Not that kinda troll, silly grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by fanistic(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2011
someone please answer my question "troll" or guru in the house. i intend getting a htc sensation but if i decide not to root the phone can i get OTA ugrade download in nigeria whenever a software update is available?
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:27am On May 27, 2011
fanistic:

someone please answer my question "troll" or guru in the house. i intend getting a htc sensation but if i decide not to root the phone can i get OTA ugrade download in nigeria whenever a software update is available?
Sure you will. I use a Driod 2 Global and was able to pick the last OTA sent out buy Motorola.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 3:21am On May 28, 2011
Microsoft's lucrative new revenue stream? Android!

The irony's enough to make your head explode: Microsoft makes more money from Android than it does Windows Phone.
This according to Citi analyst Walter Pritchard, who says $5 from the purchase price of every HTC Android handset sold ends up in Microsoft's pockets.
Evidently, the terms of the patent licensing deal Microsoft negotiated with HTC over its Android offerings
last April included some very lucrative royalties.
Which isn't all that surprising. At the time Microsoft went after HTC, sources close to the company claimed the handset vendor's infringement of its IP was very broad, ranging from the user interface to the guts of the OS itself.
Over at Asymco, Horace Dediu figures HTC has shipped roughly 30 million Android handsets, which works out to about $150 million in Android revenues for Microsoft
Interestingly, HTC may have gotten off easy. Pritchard says Microsoft is looking for even higher royalties from the other Android handset manufacturers it's pursuing. "Our understanding is that Microsoft is looking for a $7.50 to $12.50 per unit license to settle alleged infringement of Microsoft patents," he writes
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 12:04am On May 29, 2011
Another good App in the market is lost phones, by gadgetsprojects.com . Once all is set, and your device has a sim swap, it sends you an alert, with the mobile number of the swapped sim , how cool is that ? @ least u might be able to offer the thief a token, if he or she returns your phone !!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 7:01am On May 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^
What of if the thief knew about this application and uninstalled before he swapped the sims grin. Keep ya fone o.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:46am On May 29, 2011
@ ziccoit - The onus is on you to install the app, before the thief gets hold of your phone !!!!! Wake up !
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2011
Visualized: Samsung wants to see the iPhone 5 and iPad 3

Samsung lawyers recently asked the court to make Apple show them the as-yet-unannounced iPhone 5 and iPad 3, claiming that they need to know what Apple's products will look like ahead of time to avoid future lawsuits and uncanny similarities.

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 3:06pm On May 29, 2011
^ ^ ^ grin Chai, i just love this samsung people grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 8:07pm On May 29, 2011
^^^ I tellz ya grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 8:54pm On May 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Attack is the best form of defense. Thump up Samsung.

Lexusgs430:

@ ziccoit - The onus is on you to install the app, before the thief gets hold of your phone !!!!! Wake up !

Oga try to understand. If I stole your fone and I was really good at it. I would just browse through your applications and uninstall the culprit before I insert my sims. Do you now understand?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:00pm On May 29, 2011
@ zicoit - To uninstall this application, you need to insert the password, do you now understand ?
Re: Android, Anyone? by jmaine: 12:59am On May 30, 2011
Lexusgs430:

@ zicoit - To uninstall this application, you need to insert the password, do you now understand ?

Wow this is some smart move by the developers  grin grin . . it's a difficult situation . . .

otumfour:

Visualized: Samsung wants to see the iPhone 5 and iPad 3

Samsung lawyers recently asked the court to make Apple show them the as-yet-unannounced iPhone 5 and iPad 3, claiming that they need to know what Apple's products will look like ahead of time to avoid future lawsuits and uncanny similarities.

A case of do me i do you . . .Apple recently got a grant to take a sneek at samsung future products and samsung are also reciprocating the gestures  cheesy cheesy . . . their tussle will go to epic proportions cos it seems samsung are ready to play apple at their game . .intimidation .
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 1:11am On May 30, 2011
^ ^ ^ ?grin What is difficult there?
if i steal ur phone and its an android, d first thing i will do is to buy a sim, i'll throw away later, wipe d phone and install a custom rom, ur passworded app is bye bye grin
D only foolproof anti-theft is if d app has a NAND MODIFICATION POWER! i.e. even if i wipe and reinstall d OS, d nand will also reinstall d spyware grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by jmaine: 1:43am On May 30, 2011
na2day!:

if i steal your phone and its an android, d first thing i will do is to buy a sim, i'll throw away later, wipe d phone and install a custom rom, your passworded app is bye bye grin
D only foolproof anti-theft is if d app has a NAND MODIFICATION POWER! i.e. even if i wipe and reinstall d OS, d nand will also reinstall d spyware grin

Interesting . . . never thought of that grin grin . . .
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 1:52am On May 30, 2011
@ na2day - I know that you are a thief with experiece, let us hope that other thieves are not experienced !!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:35am On May 30, 2011
texazzpete, do you still have the nook color available?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:38am On May 30, 2011
texazzpete, do you still have the nook color available?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:50am On May 30, 2011
Lexus na wa o!
grin lol
I no be thief o! never stole anything in my life apart from occasional downloads from torrent sites.
This is sometimes d burden of knowledge, i was just highlighting d possibilities, so dat u'll stop living in false security!
I hope i've not given somebody idea  grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:56am On May 30, 2011
Looking for a good quality 7 inch tablet with stellar battery life. Any ideas?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 6:02am On May 30, 2011
^^^ If u can afford it, get Samsung galaxy tab, dats ur best bet
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2011
na2day!:

^^^ If u can afford it, get Samsung galaxy tab, dats your best bet
That's virtually your only bet sef!. Is it just me that feels that the Andriod Experience on tablets has not been fully optimized? Especially on 2.2 (Froyo). Just hope El goog gets it spot on with Honeycomb 3.1. For now,if i am going into the market for a tablet,the ipad would be it.
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 9:09am On May 30, 2011
Lexusgs430:

This guy, you de try me o. Is that the only way to uninstall an application? By supplying the password alone? What of if I reset the goddamn fone to manufacturer state? What of if I cracked the goddamn password of yours. I 100% knew what I put forth. Do you understand?
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 9:53am On May 30, 2011
na2day!:

if i steal your phone and its an android, d first thing i will do is to buy a sim, i'll throw away later,  wipe d phone and install a custom rom, your passworded app is bye bye  grin
D only foolproof anti-theft is if d app has a javascript:void(0);NAND MODIFICATION POWER!  i.e. even if i wipe and reinstall d OS, d nand will also reinstall d spyware  grin

Thank you oga, saw this very late. You alone can provide the best form of security.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2011
dsunmade:

Sadly the Nook color isn't available anymore.

Don't go for the old Galaxy tab, wait for Samsung's new Galaxy Tabs to come out (should hit stores this june).
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:15am On May 31, 2011
grin the new samsung galaxy tabs are both 8.9 and 10.1 inches, he's looking for 7 inches and d old sg tab is d best in d market except he goes for chinko. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:14am On May 31, 2011
na2day!:

grin the new samsung galaxy tabs are both 8.9 and 10.1 inches, he's looking for 7 inches and d old sg tab is d best in d market except he goes for chinko. grin
Exactly.
dsunmade:

Interestingly i have a couple of Samsung Galaxy 7inch Tabs 32GB for Sale with 3G and Wifi, you can check my advert on this link if interested.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-679276.0.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.