Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,096 members, 7,963,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:18 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (188347 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by ishow(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2011
Is the Samsumg Galaxy S2 Smart Phone available in Nigeria. What's the Price? I'm interested in getting one
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 10:51pm On May 31, 2011
sgsII is coming out this June in nigeria. also are the new galaxy tabs.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:04am On Jun 01, 2011
One of the Best Music Apps (If not the best for Andriod)

PLAYER PRO
PlayerPro is an advanced music player for Android 2.x devices.

* Browse your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, playlists, folders, and album artists.

* Automatically downloads relevant album artwork, artist pictures and genre illustrations.

* Manually pick preferred artwork/picture/illustration from internet, Gallery, ID3 tags, album folder and album cache.

* 14 different SKINS.

* 2 different layouts, Grid and List.

* Read Album and artist reviews.

* Download, search and and save lyrics (ID3 tag).

* Single and group tag editing (title, album, artist, track, year, genre, comment).

* Mixable audio effects for Android >2.3 devices: 5 band graphic equalizer with default/customizable presets (edit, rename etc), stereo widening effect, reverb effects (large hall, small room etc), bass boost effect, volume control ,

* Free addition DSP plugin for Android <=2.2 devices: 10 band graphic equalizer with 15 default presets, customizable presets, preamp control, bass boost control, volume control ,

* Music stats and smart playlists: ratings, play/skip counts, last played, last added.

* Import/export music history and ratings: Songbird, Winamp, Wmp, MediaMonkey, Music files etc.

* Music folder selection.

* Choice of 2 lock screen widgets with many customization options (unlock slider, sound toggler, skip tracks using prev/next volume buttons, swipe gesture , ).

* Choice of 5 differnt home screen widgets (4x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4x2).

* Scrobbling (Simple Last.fm, Scrobble Droid).

* Sleep timer with fade out.

* Share text notifications/artwork/music on social networks (tweeter, facebook, gmail, picassa etc).

* Headset support.

* Swipe gestures (player: swipe album art to skip songs, browsers: swipe left to play next, swipe right to play last).

, and many other features to discover !

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2011
After discovering this app, i doubt i will ever go back to the stock player or any other at that. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
Does anyone know if Google nexus S is in Nigeria and where?
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2011
thanks double N, will download immediately .
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2011
just downloaded the player pro. used to think poweramp is the best music player , now I think otherwise . player pro is the bomb! advantages over poweramp are:
1. you can increase bass manually
2. you can search the net manually for albulm art
3. albulm art is larger
4. you can search out any song from your list easily
5. the layout is simple with bold buttons
6. better navigation
7. several skins to choose from

I am definitely going to purchase the full version once I get my visa usd card.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2011
the MarketEnabler app allows you to view apps that are not available on your android market. it does this by facking your market as that on another country's carrier. for example I chose T-MOBILE U.S and so have been able to download some apps like the official cnn app that was initially missing on my market. also, I can now view paid apps now which were absent on my market before.

Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 9:17pm On Jun 04, 2011
HTC desire for sale very clean for 45k call 08051355133
Re: Android, Anyone? by ADEBOSUN(m): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2011
twinskenny:

HTC desire for sale very clean for 45k call 08051355133
is it the one u just bought? Why are u selling, and how much last?
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 6:49am On Jun 05, 2011
ADEBOSUN:

is it the one u just bought? Why are u selling, and how much last?

Am selling cuz I want an upgrade 45k last clean with 4gb card
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2011
I need a HTC Desire S? Does anyone have that?
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2011
@ house

i am about to lay my hands the htc desire hd, wat u think of this badboy?
Re: Android, Anyone? by blacklion(m): 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
@ moonraker,

How much are you getting it for pls? Thx!
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
65k when converted
Re: Android, Anyone? by blacklion(m): 12:57pm On Jun 05, 2011
moonraker:

65k when converted

Thanks, do you mind sharing where you are getting it from?
Re: Android, Anyone? by avi2612: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2011
Htc nexus one still avail
Rooted,
Check on pg26 of this post
Thx
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:25am On Jun 06, 2011
belushi7:

just downloaded the player pro. used to think poweramp is the best music player , now I think otherwise . player pro is the bomb! advantages over poweramp are:
1. you can increase bass manually
2. you can search the net manually for albulm art
3. albulm art is larger
4. you can search out any song from your list easily
5. the layout is simple with bold buttons
6. better navigation
7. several skins to choose from

I am definitely going to purchase the full version once I get my visa usd card.
Good to know that.
belushi7:

the MarketEnabler app allows you to view apps that are not available on your android market. it does this by facking your market as that on another country's carrier. for example I chose T-MOBILE U.S and so have been able to download some apps like the official cnn app that was initially missing on my market. also, I can now view paid apps now which were absent on my market before.
Market Enabler was a very useful app lipsrsealed. The Andriod market was recently opened to Nigeria officially so most apps are readily available. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by naijatoday: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
Please what network band do we use in Nigeria? is it the same as Europe as in
HSPA: : 900/2100 MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE:

850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Re: Android, Anyone? by greatgeo(m): 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
yes same nework band as in UK
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
Apple's run out of ideas mahn, see 'em copy our Android notification bar dito-dito grin cheesy

stevie'z got no shame mahn

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2011
naijatoday:

Please what network band do we use in Nigeria? is it the same as Europe as in
HSPA: : 900/2100 MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE:

850/900/1800/1900 MHz

YES.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 8:50am On Jun 08, 2011
@ double N

what u think of desire hd?? better than the iphone 4??
Re: Android, Anyone? by bigrovar(m): 9:56am On Jun 08, 2011
moonraker:

@ double N

The desire HD is a very good phone. Its more or less the Global version of the Evo 4G but with an update CPU. The main thing I have noticed about the device is that it is essentially the same hardware has the recently released desire S and even the HTC Thunderbolt and Sensation (I am not really sure about the last one though) when I mean same hardware I mean ram size, CPU and GPU (700 + mb ram, 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon and Adreno 205 GPU), . all HTC is doing is just re-branding the Desire HD and differentiating through software (The recent devices come with HTC Sense 3) But IMHO the most important thing is the hardware software can always be upgraded officially or unofficially. You can always install cyanogenMod 7 with gingerbread or even install Leedroid (which is rumoured to be the best rom for DHD) In all the desire HD is a very good choice for a phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2011
moonraker:

@ double N

In Terms of Specs(Speed,Camera,Storage etc), it is better than the Iphone 4 but the experience is the same as with all HTC android phones. The only advantage being that you can always install a custom ROM like Cyanogen Mod 7 and express yourself. With the Iphone4, its totally different because what you are actually paying for is the experience not necessarily the specs. You get to enjoy a Multitude of apps with feature rich content while all the same being constrained to Apple's Policies (except you Jailbreak for course! grin).

For the Enthusiastic and curious person,go for the HTC Desire HD.
For the lover of Synergy and a well regulated architecture go for the Iphone 4.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2011
@ Bigrovar and Double N

Thanks a million,

I figured that was the case and yes i do realize that the dhd has been rebranded into all that,

I got to admit though, i really really the size of the dhd screen although its would have been nice to

have an iphone 4 with the size same as dhd. oh well, i guess u cant have it all,
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
Hey guys

I am just about to buy a HAUWEI S7 Android 2.2. I really know nothing about andriods. I'm used to BB and ipads.
Would you advice me to buy it?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2011
How much does it go for?
Re: Android, Anyone? by oseiwe(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
pls, i would like to know how much i
can get a good andriod phone and
which one can u suggest. I actually
dont want a high end one dat would
cost much. thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
hey gents waddya think, is an xperia x 10 a good idea? for 30k on flea sales?

kinda concerned abt how fresh custom roms will be. xda kinda confusin on da point.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:13am On Jun 12, 2011
and whilst were on the issue, can na2day or someone else savvy @ hunting down roms pls help me locate the fully functional gingerbread rom for x10.

please, xda is confusing me
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 4:57am On Jun 12, 2011
@ 4llerbuntu

The x10 is an ok andriod phone. pretty standard stuff except for the connection with bravia Tv etc. for 30k, i think its a good deal.

On the rom front, i assure you that u will be disappointed. while there are so many roms over at xda dev, There isnt a perfect rom yet.

if you flash a rom that isnt from sony, u will lose some sony specific features. Now, rumpur has it that sony will release Gingerbread in

september so if you can wait till then, then there wouldnt be any use flashing those custom roms.

my two yen

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.