Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,754 members, 7,962,473 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Nigeria Navy Impounds Military Equipments. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Navy Impounds Military Equipments. (628 Views)

Military Equipments, Megastructures That Costs Below $2billion. / Photos Of Handmade Military Equipments Created By Members Of D Nigerian Airforce / Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Navy Impounds Military Equipments. by okstol: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2010
Six trucks mainly used for military combat maneuvers and some military uniforms, a carton of bullets, an automatic pistol, military boots and tents have been impounded by the operatives of Nigerian Navy. The navy said the hardware were impounded last weekend at the Tin Can Island port during examination of a container from the United States.

A naval intelligence source told Daily Sun that the weapons were discovered by its operatives during examinations of importedgoods loaded inside containers. and imported into the country.
The trucks Daily Sun learnt had been taken to the naval base Apapa. It was gathered that the container was laden with communication equipment and military generators used to provide electricity for troops in theatre of war.

The naval intelligence officers who spoke, but declined to mention their names said the hardware were allegedly imported in the container tagged personal effect but which contents turned out to be weapons when proper examination was conducted.

detected in the container were two vehicles and other house hold items, including a 10 KVA generator and other personal effects.
Daily Sun also gathered that when the examination was being conducted, men of the Nigeria Police, Tin Can Island Command took away the automatic pistol imported along with the bullets and camouflage uniforms.

When Daily Sun requested that the pistol be exhibited alongside other arrested materials, it was revealed that the policeman who kept the gun had left the station.
However, four men alleged to be importer and agents of the military hardware were paraded alongside the hardware, but the men said the hardware was not imported for war purposes.
Although the importer declined to talk much on the items, he told Daily Sun that he never expected the parade. He said he was in the United States Marine and that the items belong to him.

“These are my personal effect, this whole issue is so unnecessary; it is almost like a stage event. It is almost embarrassing to call myself a military man among the kind of thing that is happening right now,” the importer who was identified as Sheidu explained.
Re: Nigeria Navy Impounds Military Equipments. by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2010
May God save us. Its like some people are preparing for war
Re: Nigeria Navy Impounds Military Equipments. by okstol: 8:39am On Nov 23, 2010
The same people that fought for the unification of Nigeria are preparing to fight this country because of election. But I think that they are doomed. Honestly, they will surely meet there waterloo sooner than later.
Re: Nigeria Navy Impounds Military Equipments. by usherroyal(m): 9:00am On Nov 23, 2010
all this things is all because of the forth coming election,afterall is not inheritant position
tthey all take it as a do or dies affair is not done even in western world that is
why they are progress in all there ways,let us emulate a country like canada,
us,u a e,qatar, denmark, finland, sweden and so on.we need to change our mind setings.i rest my point.

(1) (Reply)

Osun: I’m Not Entirely Surprised - Fani-kayode ! / Jonathan Endorses Amaechi For 2nd Term / Inec Receives 15,000 Direct Data Capture Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.