Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,078 members, 7,963,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 12:53 PM

Shipment of High Grade Weapons To Nigeria--possible Reasons! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shipment of High Grade Weapons To Nigeria--possible Reasons! (505 Views)

US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up / Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason / US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shipment of High Grade Weapons To Nigeria--possible Reasons! by violent(m): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2010
I discovered an interesting piece in a news on the recent wikileaks release of confidential US documents which i believe explains Iran's attempt to ship high grade weapons to Nigeria. embarassed embarassed

Noting that the US presidency of Barack Obama has created great hope in the Islamic world, the Saudi King Abdullah told a top US official that he should restore America's credibility in the Muslim countries, according to a leaked State Department cable by WikiLeaks .

This was communicated personally by the King, to John Brennan, Obama's counter terrorism advisor, when the latter went to meet him in March 2009 and delivered a personal letter of the US President to the Saudi King. "Thank God for bringing Obama to the Presidency," the King answered, which has created "great hope" in the Muslim world

According to the cable, the King expressed hope the US would review its Iran policy and "come to the right conclusion."

Brennan responded that Obama was personally reviewing US Iran policy and wanted to hear the King's thoughts.

"Abdullah asserted that Iran is trying to set up Hizbollah-like organisations in African countries, observing that the Iranians don't think they are doing anything wrong and don't recognize their mistakes.

"I said (to Mottaki) that's your problem," recounted the King, the cable said.

"Abdullah said he would favor Rafsanjani in an Iranian election, were he to run.

He described Iran not as "a neighbor one wants to see," but as "a neighbour one wants to avoid."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/Obama-created-great-hope-in-the-Muslim-world-Saudi-King/articleshow/7009355.cms
Re: Shipment of High Grade Weapons To Nigeria--possible Reasons! by igochopurs(f): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2010
*yawns*, *coughs*, *sneezes* and reaches *orga.sm*
Re: Shipment of High Grade Weapons To Nigeria--possible Reasons! by netotse(m): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2010
threats like this shouldn't be taken lightly. . .
Re: Shipment of High Grade Weapons To Nigeria--possible Reasons! by homerac7: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2010
i hv been trying to download dt Abuja, but i havent been able to. has anyone downloaded it and whats there? cant wait to know how foreign intelligience see us.
Re: Shipment of High Grade Weapons To Nigeria--possible Reasons! by violent(m): 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2010
sadly, the feds aren't going to do shyt about anything, not until we have missiles flying all over the place, then "some Northern elements" would be held responsible.

shior

(1) (Reply)

Oga Gej Naija Is A Secular State. No Religious Interference With Politics, Biko / Nigeria: 'country Must Spend More On Research' / Commotion In House Over N6bn Sim Cards Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.