Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,375 members, 7,950,786 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (1302 Views)

Kogi: Yahaya Bello Drinks Tea As He Watches The Final Collation Of Results / Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin / Looking At The Nnamdi Kanu Situation And How FG Started the Impunity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 03, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 03, 2020
-
Re: - by leofab(f): 4:10am On Jan 03, 2020
Kk
Re: - by meavox: 6:22am On Jan 03, 2020
@ Beachlife

This is VERY interesting! Can you post a source for it? For instance the book/article where the map of Nigeria attached came from? (I have saved a copy of the map to share to others)

Thank you for this.
Re: - by meavox: 6:25am On Jan 03, 2020
THE ONLY THING THOUGH IS THAT FULANI ARE NOT INDIGENOUS
Re: - by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 03, 2020
No nation that got separated ever succeed.We know what is left of south-sudan after they break away.So let's join hands to build a greater Nigeria for posterity sake.

1 Like

Re: - by mrvitalis(m): 6:58am On Jan 03, 2020
Rem22:
No nation that got separated ever succeed.We know what is left of south-sudan after they break away.So let's join hands to build a greater Nigeria for posterity sake.
U want unity but don't want a certain part to rule
There are successful nations who has sperate and grown well in Europe Asia and Africa ...south Sudan u are talking off is moving forward now ...in the next 15 years u won't believe

I love pork and beer ...I would go to jail if I enjoy them in kano ...even tho I'm not a Muslim

I can't go to sokoto and kiss my girlfriend on the street like I normally do

No southerner has gotten more than 35% votes from north west and north east since 2003 yet u say we are united

When the least educated rule the most educated

Tah this country is far from one we were ,we are and can never be one

3 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 03, 2020
I agree with the OP's point. There are so many groups in Nigeria that are NOT their own Separate and Unique tribe/ethnic group. They just speak a different dialect of a common language which any observant layman or well trained linguistics expert can easily figure out the relations.

But in Nigeria, if you have a different dialect, they make you a separate tribe. They did this a lot in the south south regions and the Middle belt.

I personally dont believe that Nigeria has upto 40 unique ethnic groups talkless of 350. That is a big LIE.

They are just making different dialects of a common proto-language into different tribes for political reasons

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
-
Re: - by jneutron4000: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
BeachLife:
There are 15 ethnic nations in Nigeria ,not 700 tribes like Nigerians claim. There's no such thing as tribe, there are communities.
Igbo ,Calabarians,Yoruba,Hausa/Fulani,Ijaw,Nupe ,Gbagyi,Kanuri,Angas,Urhobo,etc. are all ethnic nations which each contain communities with dialects . For example ,Ekid and Ibibio are communities and dialects of Calabar ; Ngwa ,Ikwerre ,and Onicha are Communities and dialects of Igbo ; Illaje and Ijebu are communities and dialects of Yoruba; Manga and Yerwa are communities and dialects of Kanuri ,etc.
Through out Nigeria's history , kanuri,Nupe,Igbo,Ijaw ,Angas,Yoruba,and Fulani have produced either military or democratic heads of state. With that,it's clear that power has circulated and not concentrated on one ethnic nation like many Nigerians claim . The misconception stems from the fact that most Northern Nigerians erroneously view the entire south as one people ,while the south erroneously view the north as Hausa/Fulani.

Nigeria is a country of 15 ethnic nations forcefully merged as one by colonial powers ,and it's important to take that into perspective when analyzing the result and current situation of Nigeria.
Nigeria is stagnant not only because of corruption ,but because of the unitary system .True federalism(Autonomy for all ethnic nations) is the only solution, and with that it wont matter what ethnicity the presidents are from .

One of the premise behind calls for disintegration of Nigeria is the erroneous belief that the Hausa/Fulani or northern Nigeria dominates and benefits from Nigeria without any contributions,but a closer look at that suggest the north is not more developed than the south and what most Nigerians view as domination or marginalization ,I view as just one big mess with no outright beneficiaries. The truth is the northern Nigeria contributes it's quota through 90 percent of Nigeria's agriculture. And in the south ,Only Calabar(akwacross) and Ijaw contribute the majority . Although that does not negate the fact that the best system of government for Nigeria is True federalism.
The idea behind Niger delta republic or Biafra are baseless and outdated . There are only ethnic nations contained within Nigeria,and each of these ethnicity deserve the right to autonomy . But I've observed that the ethnicities are not united within , and so I advise that each ethnicity first work on internal unity,then they can have diplomatic discussion and negotiations for autonomy or referendum .

Highlight : 1. No one is benefiting from the current Nigerian system .It's a lose lose for all ,but it's a bigger loss for Akwa ibom,Bayelsa ,rivers and Delta states. 2. Best system is true federalism. All ethnicity should be autonomous states with control of their resources and development 3. The ethnicity in Nigerian are internally divided and need to first unite in order to forge common front for peaceful negotiations on autonomy or secession.
On the contrary, Hausa/fulanis and the Igbos are benefiting from the current Nigeria syste.
Re: - by nijabazaar: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
I noticed that beachlife is oft hiding under the toga of civilised discuss to constantly promote the akwacross peoples as a marginalised lot...

A casual glance at all his pieces reveals a deep seated trait to rope in the igbos as a boorish community. If u think I am lying, take a cursory research on all the pieces he has penned since joining NL

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: - by Jimi24: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is the first sensible thing I am reading about national federal restructuring in a long time.

It is not premised on lies but a fairly accurate definition / statement of the problem.

However, we cannot do anything about structure now because of money (probably N100Trillion) required to settle border, shared assets, intra regional structure set ups and security infrastructure alone. Another reason we cant do it is geo political security. There are too many bad guys in the neighborhood and they will run amok and destroy / loot stuff especially the East and middle belt. Islam is unsettled in N.West African. They will come south. All they are waiting for is a weaker Nigeria and Ghana.
I know this is not palatable news but it is the truth.

Nigeria can only restructure when another five year oil or commodity boom comes. That is not likely now.
Re: - by Jimi24: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is the first sensible thing I am reading about national federal restructuring in a long time.

It is not premised on lies but a fairly accurate definition / statement of the problem.

However, we cannot do anything about structure now because of money (probably N100Trillion) required to settle border, shared assets, intra regional structure set ups and security infrastructure alone. Another reason we cant do it is geo political security. There are too many bar guys in tue neighborhood and they will run amok and destroy / loot stuff especially the East and middle belt.

Nigeria can only restructure when another five year oil or commodity boom comes. That is not likely now.
Re: - by nijabazaar: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
BeachLife:
I observe most Nigerians are sentimental and prefer to hide from the truth. Can you prove your baseless accusation? My dad is Calabarian( akwacross),so of course I have affinity towards that place and people , but Igbo are the other group I love the most out of all the Nigerian ethnicities,especially Anambra and Asaba. And I think that Igbo and Calabarians (Akwacross ) should ideally be close allies . Just because Japan and south korea are allies doesn't mean they should be one country. There'll be power imbalance that's why it's preferable that all ethnic nations be autonomous .
I'm a honest and straightforward person,so i'm sorry if you think my post is anti anyone . I even said in one of my post that Akwacross people are myopic . Yes, the Calabar (Akwacross) are extremely cheated and marginalized.
Although I think igbo benefits from Nigeria in many ways , I support autonomy for all ethnic nations including Igbo . I'm not against Igbo presidency.
I have previously explained why Biafra is baseless and outdated ,and I also gave my advise to Igbo on best course of action. But I observe most Nigerians lack insight .

I am a straight forward person? Really.

I am all for intelligent discuss but subtle disses at a particular ethnic group does no one good esp in this troubling times. In due time, I will post anecdotal aspects of ur pieces that buttress my claim that ur analysis are often bias heavy.
Re: - by decuteGenius: 2:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
nijabazaar:
I noticed that beachlife is oft hiding under the toga of civilised discuss to constantly promote the akwacross peoples as a marginalised lot...

A casual glance at all his pieces reveals a deep seated trait to rope in the igbos as a boorish community. If u think I am lying, take a cursory research on all the pieces he has penned since joining NL
I support this. The guy is a psychopath
Re: - by Thutmose: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Jimi24:

However, we cannot do anything about structure now because of money (probably N100Trillion) required to settle border, shared assets, intra regional structure set ups and security infrastructure alone. Another reason we cant do it is geo political security. There are too many bad guys in the neighborhood and they will run amok and destroy / loot stuff especially the East and middle belt. Islam is unsettled in N.West African. They will come south. All they are waiting for is a weaker Nigeria and Ghana.

You were making sense until you mentioned religion which completely make your post useless.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! IGP Heeds Gov. Umahi's Call, Pulls Out Ebonyi Police Command / Pastor Tunde Bakare's Subtle Tirades Against Vice President Osinbajo / Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.