Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,300 members, 7,960,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

40 Common Interview Questions To Make You 90% Prepared Before The Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 40 Common Interview Questions To Make You 90% Prepared Before The Interview (191 Views)

Common Interview Questions And Answers Plus Other Interview Tips / 13 Common Interview Questions & Their Impressive Answers / How To Answer 18 Common Interview Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

40 Common Interview Questions To Make You 90% Prepared Before The Interview by Gumya(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Interviewing for a new job can be stressful. Especially if you’re asked questions that you haven’t prepared for.

Fortunately, most interviews follow a standard format, and are likely to include common interview questions.

While it’s impossible to cover all questions that you may be asked, we’ve picked out 40 of the most common interview questions. If you learn responses for these, you’ll find yourself 90% prepared for any interview.

Imagine how much more relaxed you’ll be going into an interview, knowing that you have answers prepared for the vast majority of questions you may be asked.

Let’s dive straight into the questions…

Focus on These 10 Most Common Interview Questions First
To help you get started, we’ve chosen 10 most common interview questions that could make or break your interview.

1. What can you tell us about yourself?
Employers often ask this open-ended question as a way to break the ice. It also gives them an early opportunity to view your personality, as well as an insight into whether you would be a good match for the company and job.

Tips:

Summarize your career highlights and goals.
Talk about personal interests or accomplishments that could create a positive impression in the minds of the interviewers.
Avoid rambling.

Good Example:
“After my graduation with honors, I immediately found work with a blue-chip company. I’ve spent the last five years helping them to grow their B2B market by more than 75%. I’m now ready for a new challenge and a new company.”

Bad Example:
“I wouldn’t describe myself as lazy, but I do like to sleep in late and go home early!”

2. What motivates you?
Depending on the role you are applying for, it’s likely the company will ask this question to determine if your motivations match what they are looking for. If it’s a sales role, then they’ll be expecting you to say money. For a caring or nursing role, then they’ll expect you to say you’re motivated by helping others.

Tips:

There are no right or wrong answers to this question.
It’s best to be open and honest about your motivations.

Good Example:
“I’m driven by a desire to have a successful career.”

Bad Example:
“I’ve got loads of credit card debts so I really need the money!”

3. Why should we consider hiring you?
Employers ask this question to see whether you’ll be a good fit for their company. They’ll also be looking to see if you understand the duties of the role they are hiring for.

Tips:

Reply with a concise sales pitch.
Show that you’ve researched their company.
Talk about how you can fill the duties of the role successfully.
Avoid talking negatively about your current (or past) employer.

Good Example:
“I believe I have the necessary skills and experience to be a genuine asset to your company.”

Bad Example:
“It’s a good question. Let me see… I live locally, and I’m happy to start anytime after 10 a.m.”

4. Why do you want to work here?
This is similar to the two questions above. Namely, employers are looking to ascertain if you’ve researched their company and the role you are applying for.

Tips:

Research the company thoroughly. (For example, their history, ethos and market sector.)
Demonstrate your career goals.
Explain why you believe you’ll be a good match for the company.

Good Example:
“I was tremendously excited when I saw your advertised position. I know your company well, as I already use some of the great services you offer. I believe that I can contribute significantly to the continuing growth and success of your company.”

Bad Example:
“My friend used to work here, and he told me that you have some great staff benefits. To be honest, I think your early finish on a Friday afternoon would suit me perfectly!”

Read More: https://chatfasta.com/threads/40-common-interview-questions-to-make-you-90-prepared-before-the-interview.383/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For The Post Of A Business Development Manager / Personal Driver Needed / Nigeria Custom Service Past Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.