Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,983 members, 7,963,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 06:18 AM

Be Glad You Were Disappointed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Be Glad You Were Disappointed (343 Views)

I Was Disappointed By Achebe’s Comment On My Nobel Prize – Soyinka / Revealed: Why I Was Disappointed In Chinua Achebe - Wole Soyinka / I Was Disappointed By Achebes Comment On My Nobel Prize - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Glad You Were Disappointed by Iwonsabi: 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
When i was still little in my primary and junior secondary classes, there used to be a small fashion designing shop at my left hand side on my way home whenever I'm returning from school or from an errand. There used to be a boldly written sentence at the front of the shop that says. 'EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING; SAYS ORUMA"

Then I was still little and there's no day I pass by the shop without reading it....I used to ponder what exactly the sentence meant. I will continue to ask myself how disappointment is a blessing indeed and also wonder who the so-called Oruma is (lol)

When I grew older, then I realised truly that disappointment is a blessing.

Most times we don't get to see the blessings immediately because we are carried away with the pain we get from the disappointment.

There are numerous times I have been disappointed by friends, its indeed very painful but after some months I will end up thanking God for the disappointment because my eyes becomes open to some dangers, issues or problems I might have encountered if those friend did what I asked of them and I always bless God I was disappointed.

Whenever you're disappointed by friends or family, don't get too emotional with it.

You have to understand that sometimes there's need to be disappointed so as to get appointed.

Every disappointment is a stepping stone to your place of appointment.

Therefore, count it all joy when you're disappointed knowing fully that it's simply preparing you for your appointment.

Source: https://wetinyouknow.com/be-glad-you-were-disappointed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ELUMÈ A Poem By The Afrikan L'yion / Creative Writers Wanted For A Industry Blog / Help Me Guys, I Need Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.