Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,968 members, 7,919,098 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 09:41 PM

. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (606 Views)

Police And Army Officers Fight In Lagos After Policeman Hit A Soldier (Photos) / Police And Military Clash In Osisioma Aba: Abia Government Reacts / Fake Soldiers And Military Officers Paraded After Their Arrests In Lagos.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 19, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Thatssobeyonce(f): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2020
Lol
Re: . by DanseMacabre(m): 9:09am On Apr 19, 2020
Until the Nigerian military and paramilitary institutions begin psychiatric evaluation of those to whom weapons are issued before issuing those weapons, and then subsequent periodic evaluations while in the line of duty, the status quo is still gonna prevail.

Training and funding will just make them deadlier i.e. madmen with access to more sophisticated weapons.

The problem is their mindset. Until that is changed, there can be no progress. My opinion of course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Until the Nigerian military and paramilitary institutions begin psychiatric evaluation of those to whom weapons are issued before issuing those weapons, and then subsequent periodic evaluations while in the line of duty, the status quo is still gonna prevail.

Training and funding will just make them deadlier i.e. madmen with access to more sophisticated weapons.

The problem is their mindset. Until that is changed, there can be no progress. My opinion of course.

I agree with you on psychiatric evaluation because 1 in 5 Nigerians has psychological issues. However, you cannot stave a man and expect him to perform. They say an hunger man is an angry man.

If pastors, who are assumed to be godly replace Nigerian police officer, it still wouldn't get better. Instead, you'll see the beast in pastors jump out of them.

If not training, then what else? Training isn't about fighting alone. It involves rules of engagement, understanding the scope of the law better and all.

Mind you, you can't put up a failed system and ask people to change their mindset. Until the system changes, the people will not change.

There are criminal minded people in the U.S. and if the government slacks for a second, they will declare havoc. The only thing holding them back is the system in place.

Except you'll kill all Nigerians, your best bet is improving the system. If you're in the police force, you either join them or be worse of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by iCauseTrouble: 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
Will comment later
Re: . by BadBradley: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Most Rettardedd post I have ever read in Nairaland. Obviously written by an illiterate policeman.

1 Like

Re: . by andyanders: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
Op, I believe you are a policeman or an officer. Stop comparing US law enforcement officer or the NY allocation with Nigeria. No amount of fund you allocate to the police that can change their image. Corruption that is in the system cannot bring any change to it. I don't want to start talking about this 'cus in NY, I know what happens in the system 'cus I've been there. Can you walk arround the city of NY and see a police officer drinking alcohol while on duty? Here, an officer on duty while armed, will be sitting in the open and be consuming alcohol recklessly. The next thing you hear, accidental discharge. The ones on duty collecting egunje openelly without fear.

Even if you allocate billions of dollars like the NY you talked about, somebody is waiting to take it here.

Talk of corruption in the system first before you talk of funding. US system works 'cus there is accountability. It is hard to change an adult in this part of the world. Corruption is the key to our problem. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: . by andyanders: 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Well said. You can immagine an officer on duty while armed, smoking weed and when he is talking with you and you percive the kind of ordour coming out from him, you wonder what those they sent to protect see every day.

Look at the video going round how some armed officers flogging a lady, you wonder what their use is.

(1) (Reply)

Police Intercept Vehicle Loaded With Fruits But Still Carrying 50 Persons / My Facebook Account Was Hacked Today!!! / Pastor Uncovers Evil Shrine With People's Pictures & Complementary Cards (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.