Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,978 members, 7,936,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 05:21 AM

Suggestion on how to Curb the use of POS for robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suggestion on how to Curb the use of POS for robbery (304 Views)

Soldier Held For Robbery Warns CP: ‘don’t Call Me Fake’ (pic) / Masquerades Arrested For Robbery In Agege, Lagos (Photos) / ‘policeman Framed Me For Robbery For Denying Him Sex’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suggestion on how to Curb the use of POS for robbery by jovial22(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2020
Recently, the robbers do break into a house at night or any time of the day. And with guns held to their heads, victims are ordered to furnish their ATM cards as well as disclose their pin numbers, which are then confirmed with a PoS device before the cards are taken away. The robbers then proceed to withdraw as much cash as possible before daybreak when the incident is reported and cash with­drawal stopped.

I will suggest the CBN should place a limit on the time a POS could be used. Let's say from 10pm to 6am daily, all POS should be disconnected from their various banks. With this method it will minimize the use of POS at time for robbery.

2 Likes

Re: Suggestion on how to Curb the use of POS for robbery by FatherBona: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2020
Hospital emergencies don't have a time limit.
Re: Suggestion on how to Curb the use of POS for robbery by Buharidgeneral: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
They only use the POS to verify your PIN and not for withdrawal.
So doubt of your suggestions can work

(1) (Reply)

45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo / 875 Persons Commit Suicide During COVID-19 Lockdown / Nigerians Demand Justice For 16years Old Who Was Shot And Killed By Nigeria Poli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.