Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,865 members, 7,962,825 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:39 PM

6 Practical Ways To Avoid/stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (part 2) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Practical Ways To Avoid/stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (part 2) (181 Views)

LASU Lists 15 Unwanted Dressing Styles Among Students On Campus / 6 Practical Ways To Avoid/stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (part 3) / 6 Practical Ways To Stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Practical Ways To Avoid/stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (part 2) by starryadmin: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
This is the continuation from the first part, click here to read the part 1 https://medium.com/@starrygold/6-practical-ways-to-stop-unwanted-thought-while-studying-6c637e740fe1
How reading aloud, and writing down your thought can save you from being distracted while studying.
I remembered while in secondary school
I felt like beating up myself
because I could not just concentrate while studying for WAEC exam.
If I read for 10mins,
I would spend another 30mins to think about different things
It’s was really frustrating.
So you know you are not alone with this kind of feeling.

What you can do to avoid this kind of frustrating situation is to
read at a time where there is minimal distraction in your house or environment.
Different things could distract you while studying and make your mind to wander.
Things like the sound of the TV, the horn of a car, noise from siblings and your neighbors.

To conquer all these distraction,
You can study at night when all this distraction is minimal,
so that you can concentrate fully on what you are reading,
or use any other room that is available in your house.

Another thing you can do, when you are distracted during studies is to talk to yourself.
it’s funny right?
Yes you have to talk to yourself.
Whenever you find you are losing your focus,
stop and speak yourself to be in the present.
Tell yourself that you want to concentrate on the study at hand.
When you do this a few times, you will find out that gradually you spend little time being distracted.

Look out for my next article, where I will share with you the last two practical ways, that will help you stay focused while studying for your WAEC examination.

P.S: You WAEC exam is very important to your career, so do all it takes to pass it at one sitting

Get FREE WAEC exam resources (Video Tutorial, Telegram Classes and 30 Days Success Blueprint)
Click here to join our FREE WAEC Telegram Class now http:///WAECclass

Need the full WAEC video tutorial now?

Call Starry Gold Academy on 08123189141, 09076786154, 08085378906, 07038174484,
08023428420, 07086810335, 08074460975
Or click here to chat with admin on Telegram https:///starrygoldacademy

ExamsNaija

From Starry Gold Academy

Number 1 tuition center with highest exam pass rate at ONE SITTING in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Update: Total Of N7bn Remitted To Fg For 2020 Utme / Online Software Testing Training / Skills! Skills!! Skills!!! (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.