Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1748 Views)

Why Does GOD Allow tragic death? / Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 08, 2020
Re: . by TheSourcerer: 1:44pm On May 08, 2020
The Bible is an incestful book

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 08, 2020
TheSourcerer:
so you think?you are wrong
Re: . by sonmvayina(m): 2:11pm On May 08, 2020
The Bible is not a history textbook,it is a spiritual manual.it is full of symbolism and iconography and numerology...
Women symbolises wisdom..a virgin will mean like divine wisdom and an Olosho will mean like common sense...
Re: . by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2020
sonmvayina:
The Bible is not a history textbook,it is a spiritual manual.it is full of symbolism and iconography and numerology...
Women symbolises wisdom..a virgin will mean like divine wisdom and an Olosho will mean like common sense...
Lol,which one is symbolism again in this matter
The Bible promotes rape,shikena.

4 Likes

Re: . by sonmvayina(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Lol,which one is symbolism again in this matter
The Bible promotes rape,shikena.

Nah..you just don't understand it..it is not a shame..
Re: . by dingbang(m): 4:15pm On May 08, 2020
So many men fornicated in the Bible.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 08, 2020
dingbang:
So many men fornicated in the Bible.
do you call that fornication?if God allowed them take concubines,thats kind of an approval and can it still be termed fornication?

1 Like

Re: . by dingbang(m): 4:22pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:
do you call that fornication?if God allowed them take concubines,thats kind of an approval and can it still be termed fornication?
the law recognized concubines, not God. Don't say what you aren't aware of, and please be mindful of what you say about God
Re: . by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 08, 2020
dingbang:
the law recognized concubines, not God. Don't say what you aren't aware of, and please be mindful of what you say about God
i know exactly what I'm saying,even God approved and gave concubines right(book of Moses).I stated them in the post,you can correct me anywhere I may be wrong
Re: . by dingbang(m): 4:27pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:
i know exactly what I'm saying,even God approved and gave concubines right(book of Moses).I stated them in the post,you can correct me anywhere I may be wrong
this girl sef.. I tire for you.. Abeg shift

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 08, 2020
dingbang:
this girl sef.. I tire for you.. Abeg shift
lol.shift go where
Re: . by onlyinJESUS: 4:40pm On May 08, 2020
very simple answer, God is the only sovereign.
he is the law giver, he decides whatever he would classify to be right or wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by TheSourcerer: 4:47pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:
so you think?you are wrong
so you also think, this argument goes back and forth, what's good?
Re: . by onlyinJESUS: 4:50pm On May 08, 2020
dingbang:
who gave the law?
Re: . by onlyinJESUS: 4:51pm On May 08, 2020
TheSourcerer:
oh really? what is incest and why is it wrong? by what law do you condemn that act?
Re: . by TheSourcerer: 4:53pm On May 08, 2020
onlyinJESUS:

oh really? what is incest and why is it wrong?
by what law do you condemn that act?
I love incest I'm not against it
Re: . by onlyinJESUS: 4:54pm On May 08, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I love incest I'm not against it
of course; you'd love it.
all men are by nature haters of God

1 Like

Re: . by TheSourcerer: 4:56pm On May 08, 2020
onlyinJESUS:

of course; you'd love it.
all men are by nature haters of God
lol I wasn't going to reply but indeed I do hate God .
Re: . by onlyinJESUS: 4:57pm On May 08, 2020
TheSourcerer:
lol I wasn't going to reply but indeed I do hate God .
why, if I may ask, does he even exist?
Re: . by CrazyMan(m): 5:00pm On May 08, 2020
The Earth needed to be populated... that's why
Re: . by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 08, 2020
TheSourcerer:
so you also think, this argument goes back and forth, what's good?
lol.Everything is good
Re: . by dingbang(m): 5:20pm On May 08, 2020
[s]
Rozz:
In the bible a concubine was a woman acquired by a man as a secondary wife.Her purpose was to provide a male Heir in the case of a barren wife,to provide more children in general to enhance the family's workforce, wealth and to satisfy man's sexual desires.A concubine was endowed with rights and protections by the Hebrew law but was not equal in status to a wife,infact God approved rights for concubines in the law of Moses but still God does not approve of marriage to involve concubines.A woman living as a concubine was more common in Israel during the time of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob than in later periods,but it still happened among the wealthy ones like King David and Solomon.Polygamy and concubinage were also allowed in ancient Israel.God even provided the rights of concubines in the bible like (Genesis 25:6) where concubine's were legitimate but they have been socially considered secondary to the children born from a wife,they were not totally entitled to an inheritance but were sometimes included in their fathers will.Examples of God's approved concubines in the bible are:Hagar who was Abraham's concubine (Sarah's handmaid),though Muslim's do not refer to her as a concubine but Abraham's other Wife(Hajara),her story is in Genesis 16:1-16 and Genesis 21:9-21,we all know how Sarah was hurt at the end of it all.We have Ketura who married Abraham after Sarah's death and was recorded as a wife in Genesis 25:1 but was recorded as a concubine in 1 chronicles 1:32 but also Genesis 25:6 suggests that Ketura was Abraham's concubine.Another is The concubine of Gibeah and is unnamed in the bible but her heartbreaking story is recorded in Judges 19-21.We have Rizpah the concubine of king Saul.The 10 concubines are king David unnamed concubines,they are mentioned in 2 Samuel 15:16 and others. We have the 300 concubines attached to king Solomon,more concubines are mentioned in the old testament.Why didn't God step in to say this practice is harmful and should not be done by God's people.In Deuteronomy 24:5 God made instructions for husbands to prioritize wife's happiness and in Malachi 2:13-16 God expressed anger at husband's unfaithfulness to his wife .The Bible isn't specific about why God allowed his people to continue in sinful systems like this.God loves both men and women and will not hurt us,but why did He allow such to happen knowing fully well that these women(wives)were actually hurt? Maximus69 freshboi88 Baristter07 Janosky Emusan and other richly blessed should come and share your wealth of knowledge here
[/s]

All trash.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 08, 2020
dingbang:
[s][/s]

All trash.
Ha! why that,have we clashed before?hmm
Re: . by IamMichael(m): 6:29pm On May 08, 2020
The bible was written by men at a time when women weren't seen to be equal with men... that's putting it casually anyway.
Just a few cases of women in power in history...most of them, through the men too.

Women of this days can't even begin to imagine the suffering our ancestors(women) suffered to grant them the freedom they enjoy today.

2 Likes

Re: . by orunto27: 6:49pm On May 08, 2020
Thou shall not commit Adultery.
Re: . by Faithful4real(m): 7:08pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:
Ha! why that,have we clashed before?hmm

The answer is in the bible

Matthew 19

“7 Why then,” they asked, “did Moses order a man to give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?

8 Jesus replied, “ Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of your hardness of heart ; but it was not this way from the beginning. 9 Now I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman, commits adultery.

I know this is talking about divorce, but God allowed those laws because of the hardness of man's heart.

When Jesus die he redeemed us from those laws.

2 Likes

Re: . by TheSourcerer: 7:08pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:
lol.Everything is good
all good , what state?
Re: . by onlyinJESUS: 7:48pm On May 08, 2020
IamMichael:
The bible was written by men at a time when women weren't seen to be equal with men... that's putting it casually anyway.
Just a few cases of women in power in history...most of them, through the men too.

Women of this days can't even begin to imagine the suffering our ancestors(women) suffered to grant them the freedom they enjoy today.

even without scriptures. nature teaches us that women are inferior to men.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:
In the bible a concubine was a woman acquired by a man as a secondary wife.Her purpose was to provide a male Heir in the case of a barren wife,to provide more children in general to enhance the family's workforce, wealth and to satisfy man's sexual desires.A concubine was endowed with rights and protections by the Hebrew law but was not equal in status to a wife,infact God approved rights for concubines in the law of Moses but still God does not approve of marriage to involve concubines.A woman living as a concubine was more common in Israel during the time of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob than in later periods,but it still happened among the wealthy ones like King David and Solomon.Polygamy and concubinage were also allowed in ancient Israel.God even provided the rights of concubines in the bible like (Genesis 25:6) where concubine's were legitimate but they have been socially considered secondary to the children born from a wife,they were not totally entitled to an inheritance but were sometimes included in their fathers will.Examples of God's approved concubines in the bible are:Hagar who was Abraham's concubine (Sarah's handmaid),though Muslim's do not refer to her as a concubine but Abraham's other Wife(Hajara),her story is in Genesis 16:1-16 and Genesis 21:9-21,we all know how Sarah was hurt at the end of it all.We have Ketura who married Abraham after Sarah's death and was recorded as a wife in Genesis 25:1 but was recorded as a concubine in 1 chronicles 1:32 but also Genesis 25:6 suggests that Ketura was Abraham's concubine.Another is The concubine of Gibeah and is unnamed in the bible but her heartbreaking story is recorded in Judges 19-21.We have Rizpah the concubine of king Saul.The 10 concubines are king David unnamed concubines,they are mentioned in 2 Samuel 15:16 and others. We have the 300 concubines attached to king Solomon,more concubines are mentioned in the old testament.Why didn't God step in to say this practice is harmful and should not be done by God's people.In Deuteronomy 24:5 God made instructions for husbands to prioritize wife's happiness and in Malachi 2:13-16 God expressed anger at husband's unfaithfulness to his wife .The Bible isn't specific about why God allowed his people to continue in sinful systems like this.God loves both men and women and will not hurt us,but why did He allow such to happen knowing fully well that these women(wives)were actually hurt? Maximus69 freshboi88 Baristter07 Janosky Emusan and other richly blessed should come and share your wealth of knowledge here
Abraham's case was divine..

I personally love Abraham because he refused to marry another wife even when he was at liberty to but chose to stay true to God's promises..

Sarah is the mother of the Jewish race through Isaac, present nation of israel.

Hagar is the mother of the Arab race.. she brought forth the Muslims through Ismael.

Christians And Muslims are children of Abraham. They all came from one man.

Paul said in Galatians that the children of the bond woman(Hagar)persecuted those of the freewoman.(Sarah).. it was a prophecy as Muslims persecuted Christians even today.

Children of Abraham fighting each other.

God allowed Abraham to make his mistake in other to fulfill divine mandate.
Everything was well planned by God.

But the promise came through Isaac from Sarah.. m talking about Jesus. Jesus is the son of Abraham.

1 Like

Re: . by Dantedasz(m): 8:41pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:

The bible is a sexist book written by primitive men who believed women belonged to men as part of their property.
According to this bible men have every right to treat women as foot mats.
It is all there in the bible that women are inferior to men.
The bible regards women as inferior beings as such no woman who has read and understood the bible would agree to practice what the bible preaches.
Re: . by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2020
Rozz:
I thought of a passage like this, Genesis 2:24: “Therefore a
man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast
to his wife , and they shall become one flesh."

Do concubines actually count as one flesh or what is it called, if any man take a concubine now; I was expecting people to call him an adulterous man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts / CCC..... Celestial Church Of Christ (oil And Soap Bath) / See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.