Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,042 members, 7,963,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:56 AM

Light In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Light In Nigeria (499 Views)

Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw / No Light In Akure For Days Now / 24hrs Light In Ibadan, How Is Electricity In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Light In Nigeria by ilawyer: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2011
The issue of lack of Light/electricity
Kainji Dam: The oldest, still functional power plant in Nigeria, is about 40 years old.
48% - percentage of Nigerians who have NO source of power, 114 years after we first generated power in Nigeria, theres so much to go into about the logistics and mishaps with regards to light in Nigeria, but we have done it again and again!!! no results!

Its not a laughing matter
Its not something to joke about
Its not an issue to take lightly
Its not a thread to be derailed

You have been conditioned into buying generators so much so that theres a dumb one called ''i better pass my neighbour'' (really?)
Its bad in Abuja, worse in Lagos, unimaginable in smaller cities and villages
Until the light issues are sorted, we will remain in darkness.
Government come, government go, it remains thesmae.
Your politicians live in lighted homes, their children school abroad! They simply dont give a shyt.

I personally do not know what to do about it, I am a simple Nigeria concerned about the welfare of my country, it affects our day to day life, it affects our businesses, it affects everything.

I have asked questions there have been no answers
My granddad is going on 100 still alive and well, but he has known no light!
Infact if you have lived all your life knowing there hasnt been light I can understand why you wouldnt have hope.
YOU can change it or get used to it
Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News - Mend Issues A Disclaimer / No Need For This Presidential Election! / Best Way To Get A Hold Of Moderators?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.