Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,954 members, 7,963,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:39 AM

Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case (51920 Views)

Obituary Of Uwaila Omozuwa Vera: Burial Poster Of Raped UNIBEN Student (Photos) / Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) / #JusticeForUwa: Vera Uwaila Omozuwa Raped In RCCG Church In Edo, Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Marv650(m): 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
At times like this, our voices matters. Say No To Rape.
https://spicedessay.com/2020/06/02/rape-is-evil-rape-is-bad-we-say-no-to-rape/
Police is not always your friend.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by bright007(f): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
bukatyne:

What mobilization are we talking about here?

They can't contribute peanuts together to start the initial investigations?

If the victims was one of their daughters, where would they get mobilization from

They should contribute money from which pocket?

Did you put money in their pocket?

1 Like

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Mummymahdi(f): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Am crying_weep for myself, girl child and all women
Justice shall be done if not here then hereafter
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
Hmmm quite sad, even though I don't expect you guys to be using your salary to be running up and down for the case but at least you guys have to be human na, habbaa, you should know the family is divastated already because of the Lost of their loved one in a painful manner. Take for instance the thing happened to one of you how will you take it. My condolences goes to the family of the Innocent
girl.
Imagine...and they were even asking if shes the first to be raped, they lack conscience, proper training and are simply not fit for the job]
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by oofjm: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria police like money pass women Allah
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by stormborn28(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
safarigirl:
The only reason this case is getting attention, is because it is all over the internet.

If this case had not blown up like this, Uwa will die and nothing will happen, like many other rape victims in this country. It is Internet noise that is keeping this case alive.

Nobody should get their hopes up, because rape convictions are still ABYSMALLY LOW in Nigeria. The police has made nonsense of so many investigations, they are so biased, it is sickening.

The entire Nigerian system, is biased. Making fun of rape victims, and their pain, comes naturally to the sick people that should be fighting for justice.

Uwa's father was asked if his daughter is the first to be raped. By police officers. This is the same police force, that rounded up women in Abuja some years ago, and RAPED them.

HOW CAN RAPISTS INVESTIGATE RAPISTS?

How can rape victims report their rape, to rapists?

The system is trash.
i no know say safari girl fine like this.. Abi no be her DP I dey see so
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
A lot of ladies are being raped daily,and I mean a lot .Its becoming so alarming and the government should put in place a very strict penalty for sex offenders,I really don't know why they feel they can get away with it.The most scariest thing is that most rapist are people you would never expect.There should be a strict penalty for rapist,just imagine the other lady who was raped and killed in the bush in portharcout last month.It is really saddening,I don't know the joy and erection a man like me would derive from forcing a Lady for sex.Masturbate if u like but don't rape a woman.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by joseph1832(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
Anyway, I'm not surprise.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by BigBashiru: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lanoye77:
#JusticeForUwa: Police demanded for 'mobility money' before taking up my late sister's rape and murder case - Vera Uwaila Omozuwa's sister speaks (video)

The sister of Vera Uwaila Omozuwa, the University Of Benin student who was raped and murdered in a church in Ovie Quarters, Ikpoba Hill has accused the police of demanding for "mobility fee" before taking up her late sister's case.

The deceased's sister made the allegation after leading some youths in a protest to the Edo state police headquarters where they were received by Edo State Deputy Commissioner of Police in-charge of operations, Ayoola Ajala.

Uwaila's sister stated that she is disappointed in the Nigerian Police for allegedly refusing to following to take up the case when it was reported. She alleged that her father went to the police station in the community several times, but was told that they needed "mobilization money" for the case.

The rape victim's sister alleged that the police officers also asked her father "if her daughter is the first person to be raped". She affirmed that the rape incident occurred on Wednesday May 27, while her sister died on Saturday May 30.

One of the protesters also called for the interrogation of the Pastor of the church where the UNIBEN undergraduate was raped.

Here is the video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EctXtLVlvU

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/6/justiceforuwa-police-demanded-for-mobility-money-before-taking-up-my-late-sisters-rape-and-murder-case-vera-uwaila-omozuwas-sister-speaks-video.html

This is police of the blacks. This is why Trump doesn't respect blacks....
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by eterisan(m): 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:
This is really disheartening....

All this hashtags on social media #saynotorape #noisno is good publicity but only reasonable humans would relate or reason with it.....

RAPISTS just like killers, murderers and armed robbers are criminals.... You don't reason with such people.

Ladies please don't be carried away by "no one has the right to rape me, it's my body, #noisno, #saynotorape etc". Yes, no one has the right to rape you just like no one has the right to steal your property or kill you because they are hired to do so, but they could, people are evil.

You all need to be vigilant and protect yourself anyways possible, know where to go, when to go there and how you go there. Because this country is bleep up and you can't rely on police to provide you security

You have said it all. I had this conversation with some ladies and I was called a rape apologist.

I just told them, If you like speak English from now till tomorrow, safety is the watch word. Protect yourself.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Roon9(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Nigerian police never fails to disappoint,very heartless people

I dey talk am since

1 Like

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Omoejigbahe(m): 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
I just get angry anytime i sight a policeman, bunch of deplorables, totally useless. I wonder what they teach them in that shithole college.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by ayandee: 7:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Nigeria police may look stupid but they know every criminal in your locality, they know every hide out, they know those who buy and sell Indian hemp and drugs.

but some of them remain quiet so long as they receive settlement money and political correctness, nigeria police can fish out those rapist in 15minutes
true. If they want to work, they know what to do
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by kiddkash(m): 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
obembet:
Rape doesn't happen by mistake, rape is a planned action. The rapists should know female are not a toy. They are the future, our children, our sisters, our mothers.
Death penalty would make them understand more about what a person needs to be responsible for.
I think so too.

but there are some girls that are somethings else.

I once heard a girl say a guy raped her. she was asked to explain further,
she said she didn't say no the the sex also she didn't say yes, she didn't fight him and he wasn't violent but she feels she was raped.
even I don't understand
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by xpool(m): 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Nigerian police never fails to disappoint,very heartless people
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by xpool(m): 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
Hmmm quite sad, even though I don't expect you guys to be using your salary to be running up and down for the case but at least you guys have to be human na, habbaa, you should know the family is divastated already because of the Lost of their loved one in a painful manner. Take for instance the thing happened to one of you how will you take it. My condolences goes to the family of the Innocent girl.
You just said as you were appealing to human being.
There is no human being in Nigerian police. They have no souls, from their highest to lowest. The commissioner of police will feign shock, even the IG will set up committee to find fish out the officers, but its all pretences. They all rotten.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by xpool(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
oz4real83:
This is one of the reasons most people feel so indifferent whenever a police officer dies. Some will even openly rejoice , although very wrong, over the death of an officer. Most Nigerians have been hurt or disappointed at critical moments by officers of the Nigerian police. The authorities of the Nigerian police force must take delibrate and concrete efforts at reforming the police force so as to change the current perception Nigerians hold for the police.
You are right o, but who will reform who?
There is no good person on Nigeria.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Isuku01(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
No Social distancing.... shocked
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by xpool(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ipromote:
embarassed

I dont blame the Biafarans that call Nigeria Zoooo chai cry cry

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Proudlytips: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ye
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by mctfopt: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
Hmmm quite sad, even though I don't expect you guys to be using your salary to be running up and down for the case but at least you guys have to be human na, habbaa, you should know the family is divastated already because of the Lost of their loved one in a painful manner. Take for instance the thing happened to one of you how will you take it. My condolences goes to the family of the Innocent girl.

Don't the police already have funds earmarked for "running up and down for the case"? I don't think police needs any other additional "help" before investigating a crime.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Ayo8(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
We need to scrap the Nigerian Police force, recruit and train new people.
Recruitment should be on merit only... NO exclusive list, ministers list, reps lists etc.
If only they will allow.

Nigeria needs a Sowore at presidential level... there will be excesses but it will restore sanity
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by johnnychuks(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
their useless job has made then useless in life, they can do more harms than good.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by jaxxy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
It’s sad the government doesn’t fund the police to handle public cases of major concern. Just imagine.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Just2endowed2(m): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Coursetrouble:
Can't they use out of the bail money or the money they collect from motorist for mobility fees.

After collecting the money and being shared by top oga, they will say bail is free
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by ibkayee(f): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
bukatyne:

@Ibkayee

You see the uselessness is not a man to woman thing?

Are you saying you don’t think there’s a link between power relations between men and women and the attitudes towards rape in Nigeria?(specifically trivializing it)

3 Likes

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by bukatyne(f): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
ibkayee:

Are you saying you don’t think there’s a link between power relations between men and women and the attitudes towards rape in Nigeria?(specifically trivializing it)

I do not believe that rape alone is trivalized.

If the people went to report a case of confiscated land, the police would still behave same way.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Farki: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
Policemen will only serve you or treat your case if you have money or influence.

I used to think that such dystopian worlds only existed in books but we are living in one.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case by Dicky5494: 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
They are known to be like that in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Assassins Shoot Rev Samuel Chinyereugo, Kill His Wife Peace In Edo Church / Young Man Kills His Mother In Benin City, Smashes Her Head Open. Graphic Pics / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.