Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,137 members, 7,936,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 03:35 PM

Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill (931 Views)

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill / Osun’s Federal Allocation Can’t Pay Electricity Bill – Aregbesola / EFCC Goes After Ex-Gov. Modu Sheriff Over N300 Billion Borno Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by kufreabasi(m): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2011
www.tribune.com
Written by Adebayo Waheed
Wednesday, 26 January 2011

A landlord, Mr Isiaka Oluwakemi, has been arrested by the police in Oyo State, for allegedly killing a 35-year-old tenant, Jelili Akande, over N300 electricity bill.

The incident, the Nigerian Tribune learnt, occurred on Monday, in Moniya, Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State, when the deceased was going to his office.

It was gathered on Tuesday that the deceased, a staffer of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, had owed N300 electricity bill for sometime and whenever the landlord asked him, he would promise to pay at the end of the month.

On Monday, a source told the Nigerian Tribune that the deceased and the landlord had just finished praying inside the mosque when he (the landlord) approached him for the payment of the money and, as usual, he promised to pay at the end of the month.

According to the source, the tenant had hardly finished his explanation when the landlord picked quarrel with him, insisting that he had to pay the money before going to office that day.

It was learnt that the wife of the deceased came out when the argument ensued and decided to pay N200 with a promise that she would pay the balance of N100 when she returned in the evening.

This, the Nigerian Tribune learnt, did not go down well with the landlord, who dragged the tenant, slapped him, before hitting him on his chest.

The source said the deceased collapsed immediately, while all efforts to revive him failed.

He was first taken to a nearby hospital, where he was confirmed dead, before he was rushed to the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, where his remains were deposited at the mortuary.

The landlord, according to the source, was consequently arrested and taken to Moniya police station for interrogation.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Olatunji Ajimuda, confirmed the incident, adding that the matter would soon be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for further investigation.
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by Carlosein(m): 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
good redirection mukina cool

@ post: patience is indeed a virtue.
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by JUO(m): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2011
oh after praying? that na jihad abi na?
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2011
Why should the landlord collect electric bills, he dey work for nepa?
He should have concerned himself with house rents to keep off trouble.
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by ifyalways(f): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
Chei,so he in essence killed him cos of 100N?
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
What kind of people are this, Nitori Olorun?

This, the Nigerian Tribune learnt, did not go down well with the landlord, who dragged the tenant, slapped him, before hitting him on his chest.
Can you imagine. Nigeria's justice system needs to be scrutinized for further amendment(s).
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by aloyemeka1: 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2011
ifyalways:

Chei,so he in essence killed him cos of 100N?

You should have known that his death was an accident. It can happen to anybody so, let us not make this story more twisted than it already is.
[size=14pt]
Also, shouldn't this story be in the crime section?[/size]
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by Donchuks48(m): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2011
Oh God hmm because of #100 this landlord is very wicked he need to be jail for life hmmm
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2011
Donchuks48:

Oh God hmm because of #100 this landlord is very wicked he need to be jail for life hmmm
He should have been beaten to stupor or angry youths no dey that area ? grin
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by sylve11: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2011
bluetooth do come pay me my house rent or i go use wood flog ur head. . . all the same it's a sad story. sad cool
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by EzeUche2(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
These people kill for such a small amount of money? What kind of nonsense is that?
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
I wonder what the Yoruba tribalists would have said if they landlord was igbo undecided
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by EzeUche2(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
Ujujoan:

I wonder what the Yoruba tribalists would have said if they landlord was igbo undecided

This thread would have been 5 pages by now. Double-standard. And they have the nerve to say that Igbos kill for money. I never heard of an Igbo being killed for a paltry N300 Electricity bill.
Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by helegunje(m): 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2011
Contact Me if you have problems such as FAILURE IN BUSINESS, UNEMPLOYMENT, BAD TRADE, PROMOTION, COURT CASES, POLITICAL ELECTION, FINANCIAL PROBLEMS,ETC.

I also Cure diseases such as : EPILEPSY, CANCER, TUBERCULOSIS, BARENESS, POOR ERECTION, STROKE, S.T.Ds, APPENDIX, ETC.

CONTACTS
helegunje@yahoo.com
elegunjeherbalist.webs.com

Re: Landlord Kills 35-yr-old Tenant Over N300 Electricity Bill by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

This thread would have been 5 pages by now. Double-standard. And they have the nerve to say that Igbos kill for money. I never heard of an Igbo being killed for a paltry N300 Electricity bill.

Don't mind them . . angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Banom Endorses President Good Luck Jonathan:2011 / Spokesperson Threatens Next Editor Over Story On Petroleum Minister / It's Certain: Jonathan Has Won.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.