Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,870 members, 7,935,718 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 02:23 PM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (2272 Views)

Bello Yabo Arrested For Calling El-Rufai A 'Small Bird' / What Atiku Did To Me During Lagos State Gov, So Painful, Unforgettable - Tinubu / Lai Mohammed Mourns Ras Kimono, Calls Him Unforgettable Reggae Giant!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by NihiIist(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
Met my ex at a friends wedding. She happened to be among the brides maid.

I used to be a good footballer in primary school but my career was cut short when an opponent gave me a very nasty injury, I fractured my leg. 15 years later I was in NYSC camp playing football when an opponent gave me a tackle I didn't like. Well we got into an heated argument sha but teammates later separated us. After the game he came to meet me that my face looked familiar and started asking some questions lol. He happened to be the same dude who broke my legs 15 years earlier. I was like oboy dem send you to destroy me for this life ni. We just laughed . Small world

Born and bred in Lagos, most of my families scattered around Lagos and ogun but I was in kaduna state some years ago. Got into an argument someone on the ATM queue. We almost beat each other up (typical nigerians ). After everything calmed down, he had a call and picked then he mentioned his name "this is Mr ******". I was like "so bros we even bear the same surname" . We then got talking further. Never knew I had been arguing with my Uncle.

2 Likes

Re: . by NewDelhi(m): 7:05am On Jun 19, 2020
Shared my first experience some months below on a sexuality thread.

Re: . by NewDelhi(m): 7:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Another was when I met 2 dudes arguing football in anambra. I famiarized with them and constantly argued football through that. I left anambra for Lagos some months afterwards.

5 years later (still in Lagos) , visited a friend around oshodi and I decided to go and watch football in a viewing center. Saw the same set of dudes seated infront of me. It happened that they had became close friends at anambra and one of them was on a visit to the other in Lagos. Nature reunited us . They were surely as freaked out as I was. Probably dejavu. .. Like someone said, nature just has a way of twisting fate.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2020
I remember when I was doing my NYSC in one small town in Oyo State. I had a girlfriend (she was from Rivers) who had a friend working with the bank we were using. The three of us were attending the same church. Any time I and my babe we're going to church we used to meet him as he was living behind our lodge. We usually greeted casually while my babe would be the one chatting simultaneously with the two of us.
It happened that we went to cash our allawee one day. He was the one in charge of attending to the corpers. When it was my babe's turn he told her he would be traveling to Abeokuta that weekend. My babe told him I was from Abeokuta too, that maybe he could help me deliver any message I had to my parents (those were preGSM days). When I went to him he asked which area of Abeokuta I was from, and it happened it was his very area too. He looked at me keenly for the first time. He just dropped his head in his palm, looked up again at me, and called my name. I was shocked. He said he had not noticed my name on the list nor looked at me properly all these while (he was my dad's cousin that saw me last when I was a little kid. He recognised my face as I looked so much like my dad). From that time my service year was blissful till the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by NihiIist(m): 10:42am On Jun 19, 2020
Nice storieß

Cc lalasticlala Dominique
Re: . by sinkhole: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
stacyadams:

The hubby carry toto wey u don ravage finish grin
But she too don ravage hin prick well-well now. The tin na do me I do you nau grin cheesy
Re: . by sinkhole: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:

That his own na normal thing, everybody get ex.
"everybody get ex", that is what we used to refer to as "fallacy of hasty generalization".
A beg, no be everybody get ex o!
Re: . by NewDelhi(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
sinkhole:
But she too don ravage hin prick well-well now. The tin na do me I do you nau grin cheesy
grin
Re: . by Mgbadike80: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
MrOkenwa:
The one that still amazes me happened when I visited my then wife-to-be, during her youth service 7 years ago.
I visited her at her PPA. I didn't go out of the room throughout my 3 days stay until the last day, because there was no reason for me to. wink
There's a cousin of mine who left the country to study many years before then, so I didn't hear anything about him for like 10 years.
Now, this guy was also serving in the same ppa with my babe and he lived just adjacent to my babes room.
Coincidentally, we met outside and boom, my cousin dragged my cloth from the back. We were both surprised that we could meet in that village sha.
The rest was history because that event saved me from marrying a farm tool.
last last, most 9ja girls na farm tools.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ranking Of States Total Debt Stock Both Foreign And Local Debt / An Appeal To Ohaneze Ndigbo, To Drop Ikwere / Smiling To The Bank: Tinubu's Alpha Beta To Receive $176 Million Dollars In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.