Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,003 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers (740 Views)

Who Told Nigerian Drivers The Best Time To Buy Fuel Is After Loading Passengers / Commercial Cars Always Buy Fuel After Loading / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by murphyibiam15(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Why do most Nigerian drivers drive passengers to the filling station to fuel up instead of doing that before loading?
I'm not talking about refuelling on the high way after some distance and fuel gets exhausted
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Temitopemo6e6(m): 6:54am On Jul 11, 2020
Pay Before Service
so commercial drivers in Nigeria are probably some of the most money conscious humans you can ever find on earth. They look for ways to save more, spend less, and cut corners without putting the impact their acts
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by tayebest(m): 6:55am On Jul 11, 2020
So that they won't miss their turn and peradventure, the passengers too! grin grin

This shit can be so annoying tho! angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Goldp5988(f): 6:56am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:
Why do most Nigerian drivers drive passengers to the filling station to fuel up instead of doing that before loading?
I'm not talking about refuelling on the high way after some distance and fuel gets exhausted

I spoke to one of them that told me that they are been given dispatch money after loading, that means they pay them from the money passages paid, not until your vehicle is full of passages no buying of fuel.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Simplyleo: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2020
They usually leave home with nothing in their pockets. Or at every trip, they do account and keep what is realised in a safe and dont touch again. So part of the transport fares from passengers is used for fuel. This is to allow them calculate how much profit was made with ease.

Well this is for long distance drivers. But danfo drivers doing it is just being very stupid. undecided

Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by nzeobi(m): 7:04am On Jul 11, 2020
That's when they will have money, you buy fuel after loading and sure of making money.
Annoying as it is, you will also do same thing if you were a driver.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by sapientia(m): 7:15am On Jul 11, 2020
Imagine buying fuel and then not seeing passengers

Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by RealLordZeus(m): 7:15am On Jul 11, 2020
Very annoying thing!
After filling up at the fuel station, you still spend some minutes at the vulcanizer's gauging the four tires..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by heendrix(m): 7:23am On Jul 11, 2020
RealLordZeus:
Very annoying thing!
After filling up at the fuel station, you still spend some minutes at the vulcanizer's gauging the four tire..

Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2020
That shit annoys me.... Well I guess the reason is that the cab is from hand to hand, ( shifting stuffs).
So one will not on to fuel for another driver to use etc .. so the present driver driving, will only but the fuel needed for his own To and fro.

So they will need to stay with the cab, so that next turn doesn't snatch their passengers..
But to me, na rubbish, can't they buy it in keg and pour etc undecided undecided.. well what do I know, na them sabi undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by neonly: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2020
sapientia:
Imagine buying fuel and then not seeing passengers

Hahahaha u must be a bus driver
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by sapientia(m): 7:50am On Jul 11, 2020
neonly:

Hahahaha u must be a bus driver

Its a noble work

Magu will be wishing he loads at our park by now.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Dannyfan(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
That shit annoys me.... Well I guess the reason is that the cab is from hand to hand, ( shifting stuffs).
So one will not on to fuel for another driver to use etc .. so the present driver driving, will only but the fuel needed for his own To and fro.

So they will need to stay with the cab, so that next turn doesn't snatch their passengers..
But to me, na rubbish, can't they buy it in keg and pour etc undecided undecided.. well what do I know, na them sabi undecided
I don't get this, what did u say?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by neonly: 8:06am On Jul 11, 2020
sapientia:

Its a noble work

Magu will be wishing he loads at our park by now.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2020
I can't explain more than that hoo... I guess ppl around IB area, shud understand sha... ☹️☹️☹️
Dannyfan:
I don't get this, what did u say?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Dannyfan(m): 8:14am On Jul 11, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
I can't explain more than that hoo... I guess ppl around IB area, shud understand sha... ☹️☹️☹️
okk. What of those that don't share car? The are the sole owner of their car and never gv someone to drive.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2020
Even, if u HV cars, is not everytime u enter.. there will be a situation where by u will HV to enter cab, unless u HV more than enough. Like stinkly rich etc sha . And for those who never give ppl ride, they HV reasons best known to them... So I can't judge anyone sha..���
Dannyfan:
okk. What of those that don't share car? The are the sole owner of their car and never gv someone to drive.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Dannyfan(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Even, if u HV cars, is not everytime u enter.. there will be a situation where by u will HV to enter cab, unless u HV more than enough. Like stinkly rich etc sha . And for those who never give ppl ride, they HV reasons best known to them... So I can't judge anyone sha..���
I'm shocked.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2020
What shocked u
Dannyfan:
I'm shocked.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Drivers Prefer Fetching Fuel After Loading Passengers by Dannyfan(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
What shocked u
Your comments.

South Korea / Who Knows Anything About Studying In South Korea / What Is Your City Known For, Let's Guess