Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,539 members, 7,965,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 09:25 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1969 Views)

Osinbajo Denies Receiving ₦4 Billion From Ibrahim Magu / Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra / Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Nigeria is one of the most disorganized countries in the world, most of it's cities unplanned. I think urban planning should be prioritized and almost everything needs to be demolished,re-planned, and rebuilt from scratch.
I did a rough estimate of how much it would cost to compensate all homeowners in Calabar & Cross river and it amounts to $2.4 billion dollars for Calabar area , $4 Billion dollars for Cross river as a whole .
And the money would come from where ?
Re: . by SLAP44: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wait, what about Ibadan? grin

5 Likes

Re: . by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wake up bro grin grin grin
You dream a lot

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2020

7 Likes

Re: . by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Keep your negativity to yourself and worry about your place . Don't worry about the Calabar &Cross river,it will be very fine.
All accomplishments begin in a mind with a vision. Everything you enjoy today like your Cell, phone,Car,etc was all conceived by a single mind . You are not me , and I'm not you. Just because Nigeria is a failed state today and you can not reason with this vision does not mean it won't be a reality.
The future is conceived and shaped by a few minds. Every vision I conceive always come true no matter how long it takes. Every thing I touch turns to gold. It's your prerogative to be negative or doubtful . This is one of my visions that I conceived in my mind and it will be a reality.

Calabar in 2040 with population 500,000 , Cross river population 1.2 million
You are livin in a fool's paradise, wake up bro

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: . by proeast(m): 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Nigeria is one of the most disorganized countries in the world, most of it's cities unplanned. I think urban planning should be prioritized and almost everything needs to be demolished,re-planned, and rebuilt from scratch.
I did a rough estimate of how much it would cost to compensate all homeowners in Calabar & Cross river and it amounts to $2.4 billion dollars for Calabar area , $4 Billion dollars for Cross river as a whole .

Lol, you're not serious or are you shocked
The truth is that the places that should be demolished as a matter of urgency are the slum cities of the South West. Ibadan, Oshogbo, Akure, Ijebu ode, Ado Ekiti, Ogbomosho, Owo and Abeokuta should be levelled and rebuilt from the scratch. It doesn't matter how much it would cost, $20 billions, $50 billion or even $1 trillion. If the money is not there then they should consider borrowing from the world bank.

Everyone should be moved out one slum city at a time, and the places nuked.

This is a matter of urgency otherwise they will still be looking like Timbuktu of 1765 even in the next fifty years.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It will cost around $90 Billion dollars to build Calabar & Cross river according to my vision. A lot of it will be private investments .
Who would invest it ? ...what's the GDP of the two state even is it up to 25 billion dollars ?

Bros your talk is too idealistic ...akwa cross is not a market ...u lack the population , u lack money who in his right sense ... would leave other night potential places in the world and invest in akwa cross ......

It's impossible to do in the next 100 years ...who would fund it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I'll appreciate if you stop derailing my threads. Since I discovered most people from where you're from have slavish mentality so I prefer not to deal with you at all ,although I wish you the best . I'll appreciate If you simply pass and don't comment on my threads at all . Thanks .
Calabar man you can go and create your own platform so that nobody will comment on your threads. Who gives a Bleep about a poor like state like Cross River occupied by slaves and dog eaters.
Re: . by Dadaboy: 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wish it was possible to rebuild the whole nigeria from scratch again. Except abuja
Re: . by Bekool(m): 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It will cost around $90 Billion dollars to build Calabar & Cross river according to my vision. A lot of it will be private investments .

You write as if you are the governor of cross river state.
Re: . by Ruggedniggaone: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
you no get work o
Re: . by SarkinYarki: 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Then imagine how much it will cost to reurbanize Lagos properly !!!!!!!...Lagos is the most unplanned place I have come across

1 Like

Re: . by SarkinYarki: 11:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bekool:

You write as if you are the governor of cross river state.

He is a man with vision ..It's lack of proper vision that make our current leaders clueless when they get into power ...This young man is not yet governor but yet he already has a vision in his head of how he wants Calabar to look and even has cost estimates to it ...I say he will make good governor anyday

5 Likes

Re: . by BlueBanana: 11:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
This vision of yours looks nice albeit lofty
But I have to ask, how do you plan on achieving this dream of yours, are you going to run for Cross River State Governorship election or are hoping that the Governor sees this and implements it?

What are your plans?
Re: . by Abdullazeez(m): 6:49am On Jul 20, 2020
why una dey worry the guy na He has vision, this is the kind of people we should vote as our leaders
Re: . by Amarabae(f): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I love reading your threads, you are foresighted and modern in thinking,
demolishing a city like calabar is a nearly an impossible task rather the govt should target a thick forested rural area ,compensate the land owners there and develop the area with a good European styled urban planning.
Re: . by bestdefender: 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
this guy is good I love his vision to rebuild cross river will not even reach 30 billion dollars if we use local Engineers and equipment
Re: . by okeyglm: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
If China can build a city in Angola that contains 800,000 people with $3.5b. you're here proposing $2.4b only for demolition and compensation. it can only happens I'm corrupt vested country like Nigeria.

Re: . by icore: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:

I like your idea. This is gradually process, many countries and states in the world have achieved such.. Its very sad none of our governors are thinking in this direction.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 26, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 26, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Rail – Congratulations Tinubu! / What Tribe Are The Bandits In The North From(video) / Breaking: After A Successful Seat At Home By Ipob, Buhari To Release MNK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.