Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,112 members, 7,936,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:07 PM

South Africa Serial Rapist Finally Convicted - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South Africa Serial Rapist Finally Convicted (285 Views)

Indonesian Court Sentences A Convicted Serial Rapist To Chemical Castration / Serial Rapist Who Tore Girl's Private Part Apprehended In Lagos. Photos / 'Armed Forces Staff' Admires Alleged Rapist's Joystick, Blames His Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Serial Rapist Finally Convicted by MercyAndrew41(f): 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Reagan Zietsman, he man accused of raping and murdering 6-year-old Delvina Europa from Elim in the Western Cape pleaded guilty.

In court on Tuesday, Zietsman confessed to raping Delvina, and National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila confirmed that the 35-year-old was also convicted for the rape of a 12-year-old girl on January 18 2017.

However, instead of facing jail time, he was handed a five-year sentence suspended for five years with conditions. Those conditions did not prevent him claiming another victim, this time with fatal results.

In his plea agreement, Zietsman on Tuesday told the Bredasdorp circuit court of the Western Cape High Court that the night before Delvina’s murder he had visited her father, David Jagers, at his home. He said the two friends smoked mandrax and tik that evening, March 23 2019.

The two parted ways after the drug use.

The next day, Zietsman woke and smoked mandrax again before heading to look for Jagers at his house. On his way there, he passed Delvina’s home, from where he kidnapped the child.
“I told her I was looking for her father. She accompanied me, ostensibly in search of her father. We walked over a field in the direction of a school, further away from the house of the deceased. I knew I did not have permission to take the deceased with me, thereby removing her from the lawful custody of her father, David Jagers, and/or Carol October [her mother],” read the plea agreement.

Continue Reading on :

https://african-journal.com/south-africa-serial-rapist-finally-convicted/

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Fellow Nigerian Over $40 / Students In Igbesa Really Needs Help / Man Caught While Planting At Politician's Ahead Of Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.