Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,791 members, 7,912,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 12:20 AM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (637 Views)

I Have 30k-40k As A Student, What Business/Investment Can I Start? / I Just Made Made $100 Online In 1 Week: Where Do I Invest It / Would You Build A House With 40m Or Invest It In Bonds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by multibizitsgrin(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2020
Re: . by mamatwiny(f): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
multibizitsgrin:
guys help me out.
I have 30k and I want to invest it in agriculture mainly poultry.
my plane is to buy up to 24 broiler and rare them then I thought of buying layers. I really don't know which one to focus on right now. help me out.
If u want to do poultry, budget N2000 to feed 1 bird till maturity, cos price of feed has increased. It used to be around 1700. So the max you can do with 30k is 15 birds, but if I were u, I will leave it at 12 birds. I hope you have their house and feed and water throughs ready.

2 Likes

Re: . by WorkTheTalk(m): 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Agriculture is a good way to go
Re: . by VEXT: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
No enough profit in rearing of birds these days, especially if you stay in the north, where a full grown broiler is been sold at 1200 Naira..A bag of feed cost about 4,000 Naira Now.. You need to buy drugs also.. Don't let any one to deceive you, the profit in poultry is too small!!!!
Re: . by mamatwiny(f): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
VEXT:
No enough profit in rearing of birds these days, especially if you stay in the north, where a full grown broiler is been sold at 1200 Naira..A bag of feed cost about 4,000 Naira Now.. You need to buy drugs also.. Don't let any one to deceive you, the profit in poultry is too small!!!!

It is not so in the east and south especially during the festivities. Ppl are planning and stocking up for Xmas sales now. 3months bird commands good sales here during festivities.
Meanwhile, as we speak, 3kg bird goes for btw 2500 and 3k here . He should just guard against loss of birds and he will be fine.
Re: . by VEXT: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
mamatwiny:

It is not so in the east and south especially during the festivities. Ppl are planning and stocking up for Xmas sales now. 3months bird commands good sales here during festivities.
Meanwhile, as we speak, 3kg bird goes for btw 2500 and 3k here . He should just guard against loss of birds and he will be fine.
Ye,location matters. Here in kano we don't make much profit in poultry.. After the whole stress, some one from no where will come and price you 1000 Naira some times 900 Naira.. After the whole stress!!

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Emails & NOs Extractor 2020 Latest Version To Boost Your Sales / Looking To Start Haulage Business. / 4 Pcs Grade A / Tokunbo Tyres For Sale At Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.