Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,631 members, 7,962,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:29 PM

Anthony Joshua Says Tyson Fury Should Be Retiring Soon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Says Tyson Fury Should Be Retiring Soon (149 Views)

Why Is Gerard Pique Retiring? These Are The Four Main Reasons / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap / Mikel Obi Trains With His Family After Retiring From Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Says Tyson Fury Should Be Retiring Soon by Benjaminroi: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2020
The long run between two heavyweighhts Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury has been a good one between the two quality fighters. Despites that Joshua is few years younger than Fury, he recently asked a question why fury took long before winning his first title.

Joshua said, Fury has been professional much longer than me, he should be looking forward to retire soon. If he wants to cement his legacy, i am here and ready. I have built myself into this position. Anthony Joshua holds the WBA, WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles, and fury only has WBC Champion. The two fighters are likely to meet in 2021, according to reports.

But before it can happen, Joshua will defend his belts against mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev. The match might be held in December. While Fury contracted to third match against Deontay Wilder after he won him in their rematch.

Joshua said, "I will challenge fury, I will challenge Wilder. These guys are not the biggest names I have fought on my record. They are just another heavyweights. Look at my record. They are not the best fighters that i have challenged. When they are ready to fight, i am here.

Joshua biggest fight was with Vladmir Klitschko, a big name in the game. Anthony Joshua began as an olympic Gold medalist in London 2012 to world champion just after four years.

"I came up fast. That shows i am prepared. These boys turned professionals in 2008 and it took fury seven years to fight for the heavyweight championship of the world, Joshua added. He is on a different journey. I want to steam through.

"I have no fear for Fury, whether he has better than me, better jab than me, whether he is all of that stuff people say. let it be so. Let me go inn and prove myself. show who i am and what i can do.

"I have fought five champions and been in two unification matches. I am a two-time heavyweight champion in 24 fights and seven years career. It shows how serious i am. If fury is serious, I will also take the match serious too.

Fury looked nearly unstoppable in his rematch against wilder and he was surprisingly aggressive as well. Meanwhile, Joshua showed new wrinkles in his game in december 2019 when he outboxed Andy Ruiz.

(1) (Reply)

Eze Makes PFA Championship Team Of The Year / Algeria To Resume Sports Activities From Sept. 15 / MI VS CSK Bhavishyavani, Astrology, Winning Chances On 19th Sep 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.