Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,249 members, 7,936,818 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? (1179 Views)

Pastor Samuel Akinbodunse: "Buhari Will Die Before 2019 Elections" / Bishop Oyedepo: 'Many Politicians Will Die Before 2019' / Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by beauty7: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
I am asking this question because I use to hear that everyone has a destiny.

So if someone dies,it really means that her/his time to die has come.

But some people are of the reasoning that if someone dies young or through

accident, such a person has died before her/his time.

I read some near death experiences and discovered that most of the experiencers

seem to believe that their deceased relatives whom they met in the great beyond

actually died according to their destinies irrespective of whether they died young or

old,irrespective of whether they died a horrible death or not.

The deceased relatives were in a state of joy,peace and unmeasurable happiness.

But it seems to be that in some religion, dying young or dying a horrible death is

attributed to devil's work.The contents of this reasoning include the belief that the

person must have been a sinner to suffer such death, that the person has gone to

hell, etc.

So I need some thing clarification on this.

Please reply if you can.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Blabbermouth: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
beauty7
1. In most cases, there are no preappointed time for you to die. Thus, it is impossible to die before your time.
2. There is actually nothing like a predetermined destiny too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
Take suiciders as case study... How do you think God will feel about or react to it?

-Remember, without Jesus Christ your question is void and curiosity uncalled for..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by haddeylium(m): 12:09am On Sep 15, 2020
beauty7:

actually died according to their destinies irrespective of whether they died young or

But it seems to be that in some religion, dying young or dying a horrible death is

attributed to devil's work.The contents of this reasoning include the belief that the

person must have been a sinner to suffer such death, that the person has gone to

hell, etc.

Please reply if you can.

God didn't predetermined us to die in contrasts to the belief many hold

The Bible says unexpected event like the accident you mentioned do occur(eccl 9:11)

The Bible teaches that we can extend our life though by applying wise bible counsel in our activities(Deut 6:2)
Being safety cautious
statistics show that people that use seatbelt survive accident than people that do not.
25% of death in 2019 are alcohol related car accident
people that have access to healthcare services survives illness higher

Though, we might extend how lifes, but, we're going to die nevertheless (Rom2:15)...
But God's word promise a future where people will live forever
Death will be no more Rev 21:1-4

what the Bible tells as the condition of the dead might surprise you
eccl 9:5
For the living know that they will die,a but the dead know nothing at all,b nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.

The Hebrew word Sheol that was translated to Hell means Grave
so, the dead are conscious of nothing at all
They're in the Grave(Hell)
Jesus liken it to sleep John (11:11-14wink
Does someone fast asleep knows what going on around him?

But again, Death is not end, God promise resurrection to faithful ones(Job 14:14, 15)
j

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by MuttleyLaff: 4:56am On Sep 15, 2020
beauty7:

old, irrespective of whether they died a horrible death or not.

person must have been a sinner to suffer such death, that the person has gone to hell, etc.

Please reply if you can.
"16And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden,
17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.
"
- Genesis 2:16-17

From the moment we are born, our mortality (i.e. the state of being subject to death) clock starts to tick down.

The Hebrew words "muth, muth", used in Genesis 2:17 above, which often as equally seen above, is usually translated as "surely die" or literally, as "you will certainly die" but actually, in a Hebraic manner of speaking, it correctly, indicates the beginning of dying. It in fact, conveys a meaning of and gives, a sense of the entering of death (i.e. a sense of gradual or slow death starting), hence why and how, it is, we die by the second, we are in fact, slowly dying. It will interest you to know that, one million cells in your body, die every second. That means in one day, approximately 1.2 kg of cells in your body dies.

Let me shock you with something unusual you won't get to readily hear from the bullpiss pulpit. Forget Methuselah and 969 years. Why he had to live that long, is a story on its self, for another day, another topic heading, just know that, ideally, man really isn't meant to live past circa 30 years old. The thing is, it is not the the number of years you live that matters, but it is the number of lives you impact with the number of years you've lived, that matters. Yahshua Ha Mashiach, lived 331/2 years, go figure

"The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away,
and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil
"
- Isaiah 57:1

OR

"The righteous perishes, And no man takes it to heart;
Merciful men are taken away, While no one considers
That the righteous is taken away from evil.
"

People die, when the Owner of breath, in His infinite wisdom, decides it is time, He wants His breath back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2020
I wanted to comment but i couldn't have done better! smiley
haddeylium:

The Bible says unexpected event like the accident you mentioned do occur(eccl 9:11)

The Bible teaches that we can extend our life though by applying wise bible counsel in our activities(Deut 6:2)
Being safety cautious
statistics show that people that use seatbelt survive accident than people that do not.

Though, we might extend how lifes, but, we're going to die nevertheless (Rom2:15)...

For the living know that they will die,a but the dead know nothing at all,b nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.

Jesus liken it to sleep John (11:11-14)

But again, Death is not end, God promise resurrection to faithful ones(Job 14:13-15)
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Wolgrace:
Take suiciders as case study... How do you think God will feel about or react to it?

-Remember, without Jesus Christ your question is void and curiosity uncalled for..
What have suicides to do with this?
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Heathen777(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2020
beauty7:

hell, etc.

Please reply if you can.

There is no "before your time" in death. When you die, you die. It can happen anytime.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2020
beauty7:

WHAT YOU HEARD IS INCORRECT, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Soundminded: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2020
Yes, but God must have permitted it, I believe because no leaf shall fall of. A tree without his knowledge, that's why you must seek him, so you can always confront him for deliverance in times of trouble.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2020
Soundminded:
Yes, but God must have permitted it, I believe because no leaf shall fall of.

HOW WONDERFUL IT IS THAT GOD PERMITS THE DEATHS OF MILLIONS OF CHILDREN WHO DIE FROM PAIN, STARVATION, ILLNESSES AND TERRORISM IN AFRICA, WHILE PREVENTING THE DEATHS OF EVIL POLITICIANS AND DEADLY TERRORISTS.
WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS INDEED.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Soundminded:
Yes, but God must have permitted it, I believe because no leaf shall fall of. A tree without his knowledge, that's why you must seek him, so you can always confront him for deliverance in times of trouble.
I am not sure what you are really attempting to say here.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by petra1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Yes
beauty7:

Yes someone can die before his time . But it has nothing to do with age. A man should go after he had finished his assignment. But its God that knows each man's assignment.

We are also responsible to keep ourselves alive . Several things can cut the life of a man short . Spiritual Problem , Unhealthy lifestyle, accident , etc can take a man's life earlier than God's plan
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by beauty7: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
haddeylium:

Being safety cautious

Jesus liken it to sleep John (11:11-14wink

But again, Death is not end, God promise resurrection to faithful ones(Job 14:14, 15)
j

Ok
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by beauty7: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"16And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden,
17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.
"
- Genesis 2:16-17

From the moment we are born, our mortality (i.e. the state of being subject to death) clock starts to tick down.

The Hebrew words "muth, muth", used in Genesis 2:17 above, which often as equally seen above, is usually translated as "surely die" or literally, as "you will certainly die" but actually, in a Hebraic manner of speaking, it correctly, indicates the beginning of dying. It in fact, conveys a meaning of and gives, a sense of the entering of death (i.e. a sense of gradual or slow death starting), hence why and how, it is, we die by the second, we are in fact, slowly dying. It will interest you to know that, one million cells in your body, die every second. That means in one day, approximately 1.2 kg of cells in your body dies.

Let me shock you with something unusual you won't get to readily hear from the bullpiss pulpit. Forget Methuselah and 969 years. Why he had to live that long, is a story on its self, for another day, another topic heading, just know that, ideally, man really isn't meant to live past circa 30 years old. The thing is, it is not the the number of years you live that matters, but it is the number of lives you impact with the number of years you've lived, that matters. Yahshua Ha Mashiach, lived 331/2 years, go figure

"The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away,
and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil
"

OR

"The righteous perishes, And no man takes it to heart;
Merciful men are taken away, While no one considers
That the righteous is taken away from evil.
"

People die, when the Owner of breath, in His infinite wisdom, decides it is time, He wants His breath back.

Alright.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by beauty7: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WHAT YOU HEARD IS INCORRECT, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by beauty7: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
Soundminded:
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by beauty7: 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
petra1:

Yes

Yes someone can die before his time . But it has nothing to do with age. A man should go after he had finished his assignment. But its God that knows each man's assignment.

We are also responsible to keep ourselves alive . Several things can cut the life of a man short . Spiritual Problem , Unhealthy lifestyle, accident , etc can take a man's life earlier than God's plan
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Soundminded: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2020
[quote author=beauty7 post=95577827][/quote]why did I quote me op
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Soundminded: 7:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Caps lock
Kobojunkie
What am saying in essence is that many things can make a man die B4 his time, even look at that man in the Bible that got a revelation that he shd prepare his house for his death, but because he knew his God and always sought him, he cried into him and 15 yrs was added to his age
Wicked forces might want to kill you before your time, that is what I meant by God could allow it, if u don't cry unto him fervent prayers, nothing might b done by him to avert it, except of course he still as a purpose for your life
As we all know grace differs
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Kobojunkie: 7:41am On Nov 02, 2020
Soundminded:
Caps lock
Kobojunkie
What am saying in essence is that many things can make a man die B4 his time, even look at that man in the Bible that got a revelation that he she prepare his house for his death, but because he knew his God and always sought him, he cried into him and 15 yrs was added to his age
Wicked forces might want to kill you before your time, that is what I meant by God could allow it, if u don't cry unto him fervent prayers, nothing might b done by him to avert it, except I course he still as a purpose for your life
As we all know grace differs
The man in question was King Hezekiah, and there were no "wicked forces" wanting to kill him. No, King Hezekiah was sick and dying. God sent Isaiah to King Hezekiah to inform him that his time was almost up. Yes, God was the one with the plan, and when Hezekiah turned to God right afterwards, God sent Isaiah back to the King to inform him that He had 15 more years.

2 King 20 vs 1-12 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. At that time Hezekiah became sick and almost died. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to see him and told him, “The Lord says, ‘You will die soon, so you should tell your family what they should do when you die. You will not get well.’”

2. Hezekiah turned his face to the wall that faced the Temple and began praying to the Lord.
3. “Lord, remember that I have sincerely served you with all my heart. I have done what you say is good.” Then Hezekiah cried very hard.
4. Before Isaiah had left the middle courtyard, he received this message from the Lord,
5. “Go back and speak to Hezekiah, the leader of my people. Tell him, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your ancestor David, says: I heard your prayer and I saw your tears, so I will heal you. On the third day you will go up to the Temple of the Lord.
6. I will add 15 years to your life. I will save you and this city from the king of Assyria. I will protect this city. I will do this for myself and because of the promise I made to my servant David.’”
7. Then Isaiah said, “Crush figs together and put them on your sore; you will get well.”So they took the mixture of figs and put it on Hezekiah’s sore place, and he got well.
8. Hezekiah asked Isaiah, “What will be the sign that the Lord will heal me, and that I will go up to the Temple of the Lord on the third day?”
9. Isaiah said, “Which do you want? Should the shadow go forward ten steps or go back ten steps?[a] This is the sign for you from the Lord to show that the Lord will do what he said he would do.”
10. Hezekiah answered, “It is an easy thing for the shadow to go down ten steps. No, make the shadow go back ten steps.”
11. Then Isaiah prayed, and the Lord made the shadow move back ten steps. It went back up the steps that it had already been on.
Re: Can Someone Die Before His/her Time? by Soundminded: 8:28am On Nov 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The man in question was King Hezekiah, and there were no "wicked forces" wanting to kill him. No, King Hezekiah was sick and dying. God sent Isaiah to King Hezekiah to inform him that his time was almost up. Yes, God was the one with the plan, and when Hezekiah turned to God right afterwards, God sent Isaiah back to the King to inform him that He had 15 more years.

(1) (Reply)

How Does Hell Fire Look Like / Satanic Divine Nine / The Moment A Pastor Tried To Preach With Mr Ibu's Death But Got Blasted By Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.