Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,186 members, 7,936,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:23 PM

Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' (9162 Views)

Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS / Igbos Are Not Intimidated By Us_lord Lugard / Waku: Saraki's Wife Ordeal Mastermind By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by hercules07: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
Dr Sleek

So Fashola should resolve the problem quickly by giving in to their demands, so, they wake up tomorrow and feel they are entitled to use BRT lanes, they go on strike and he listens to them abi, na so dem dey run government?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Drsleek: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^ Bros did u read my post at all? please read it again, properly this time.
Thank you
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by hercules07: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2011
Dr I read your post, it is obvious you do not support Fashola's stance, so, the only other stance is for him to give in, I believe the death of the innocent people is on the doctors not on the government, Eko has explained the details of the agreement, the strike is about recalling a sacked doctor not even about money.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by seanet02: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2011
Dr-sleek:

The whole issue is getting really boring and annoying in my opinion. If what I hear is correct, why would Fashola make a promise last year just to get the docs to resume when he knew he had no intention of honouring it, that is really not a good thing to do at all, sounds like what a motor park tout would do. . .
Fashola should resolve this issue quickly one way or the other because after all said and done, the hospitals are still not functioning meaning that a few more people are going to die unnecesarily as we speak or in the next few days. . . Any more deaths are on Fashola's head, he is the head and should take decisive action quickly. . .last year he dilly dallied for well over 3 months without negotiating before finally ending up with a lie, alot of people have since died in the process. . .
Fashola you are the chief security officer and leader of lagos state, the buck stops at your table, make a decision quickly please, sack and replace, dialogue, give in to the demands, do whatever, just do something decisive and do it quickly!!! because the blood of those lives lost will be on your stony head . How can you sleep at home everyday knowing that your hospitals are not running for several days, ideally a strike in the health sector should be taken with the utmost seriousness and resolved as quickly as possible. The international community is watching Mr Fashola, he should ensure that the strike is not protracted unnessarily like the one that happened last year! A word is enough for the wise
Dr. The fact remains this Doctors are greedy. But i think the Govt also fails to assert it's Authority. If it has asserted it, i should have heard that this people have been summarily dismissed. Until Fashola sack this greedy people they will not yield.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Tokotaya: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2011
I can hardly fault Tinubu on this one. If the guys are being offered N300,000 for young doctors and N700,000 for consultants, that is good enough for omoluwabi. They should not be greedy. How much are other professionals working for the same govt get paid monthly? You cannot get all you want at once. Definitely you dont expect to get all you want in a negotiation. You should be prepared to shift your ground a little, while the other party also shifts his ground a little. That is why it is called negotiation. And as for the person sacked, if you are a doctor and you are calling people out on strike in one state and contesting for political post in another state under another party, you should not be surprised if people suspect your motive. This is no longer purely a professional matter.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Drsleek: 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
Approach has been wrong right from the start, it all started from the first strike when Mr Fashola refused to negotiate with the docs and even took them to court, threatened them with sack and did all sorts, he allowed the strike to drag on for three months only to make a promise he ended up not fulfilling. . . I can perfectly understand the anger of the doctors and their lack of confidence in Mr Fashola's words or further promises.

This whole issue in my opinion could have been resolved from the first week of the strike last year, Fashola should have had a clean and open discussion with these docs offering what he has jus offered now and promising to fulfill the rest with time. He ruined everything with his actions last year, he is the one that has made these docs so aggressive and determined

Having said that, this man needs to take decisive action immediately, he should forget the ego trips, political statements and irritating propaganda and do his job, which is to ensure quality health care for his citizens at all times, I'm not necessarily saying he has to agree to their demands but he NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING AND FAST!  Mr Fashola do whatever you think is right, if it is to sack and replace do it fast, if it to pay up do it fast. . . It is your job to ensure that things are working whatever it takes to get it working again
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2011
Tokotaya:

I can hardly fault Tinubu on this one. If the guys are being offered N300,000 for young doctors and N700,000 for consultants, that is good enough for omoluwabi. They should not be greedy. How much are other professionals working for the same govt get paid monthly?

My good fellow, not even Fashola claimed to pay doctors 300K a month. Where did you manufacture that figure from?
Please be honest in your contributions!

Tokotaya:

And as for the person sacked, if you are a doctor and you are calling people out on strike in one state and contesting for political post in another state under another party, you should not be surprised if people suspect your motive. This is no longer purely a professional matter.

What a man does with his spare time is his own business. It should not concern Tinubu or Fashola if the man is running for office anywhere else. What should concern his employers is his performance in his assigned job.
Sacking the fellow for calling out people on strike is rightly seen as victimisation, and his re-instatement was one of the conditions put forward by the striking doctors. Refusing to review his dismissal (contrary to indications made to the doctors last year) is rightly seen by the striking doctors as a decision taken in bad faith.

If he was caught stealing money, sack him. if you say you sacked him for leading the strike, that is another matter. But even mentioning the fact that he was running for office in another state is rather silly. Good thing Fashola has stated that he does not plan to listen to Tinubu's poor advice in this matter.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by hercules07: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Texas

There is a civil service law that states you resign your appointment when running for office, the guy should resign.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Tokotaya: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2011
texazzpete:

My good fellow, not even Fashola claimed to pay doctors 300K a month. Where did you manufacture that figure from?
Please be honest in your contributions!

What a man does with his spare time is his own business. It should not concern Tinubu or Fashola if the man is running for office anywhere else. What should concern his employers is his performance in his assigned job.
Sacking the fellow for calling out people on strike is rightly seen as victimisation, and his re-instatement was one of the conditions put forward by the striking doctors. Refusing to review his dismissal (contrary to indications made to the doctors last year) is rightly seen by the striking doctors as a decision taken in bad faith.

If he was caught stealing money, sack him. if you say you sacked him for leading the strike, that is another matter. But even mentioning the fact that he was running for office in another state is rather silly. Good thing Fashola has stated that he does not plan to listen to Tinubu's poor advice in this matter.

My brother, it was in the press o. And they have not disputed it. Tinubu even said when he was governor his salary was about half a million. It was in most of the press that reported that news. Let them state what is correct if this is not correct. Secondly, it is morally wrong for a medical doctor to be openly partisan and be working in a public hospital. How do you defend yourself if an ACN man dies under your scapel? It is simply not right, besides the fact that civil service law compels civil servant to resign before vying for political posts. You cannot eat you cake and have it.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by MUZBO(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2011
damas11111:

The actions of the doctors in Lagos state mark a disturbing degree of callousness and greed. If we may know, is there any other state in the country where doctors get paid as much as what Lagos is offering them? Every right thinking person will expect these bunch to appreciate what the state has offered.
The most annoying aspect of it is that upon resumption of duty, perhaps after 2/3 months, the greedy lots will still expect to get the "lost months" salaries. Is this not cheating? What happens to all the citizens that were denied services and care? What about those that have lost their lives as a result of their wicked act borne out of unnecessary uncompromising attitude? I think it's high time some governments started to treat unreasonable unions with contempt - NO WORK NO PAY.
what do u know about wat is being offered compared to Federal Drs? U must need a Dr urself! When u warn govt in advance to implement d right thing and they don't then they should be ready to pay 4 "lost months". The Drs have a right to demand equal pay like their Fed counterparts; if u aint happy- buy JAMB form and go get stuck in 500L and u'll know what's up!!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by MUZBO(m): 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2011
Lagos Drs have voted to continue the strike! If u don't like it- go to EGYPT, they have world class Drs there! Hold ur money sha!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Tokotaya: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

@Texas

There is a civil service law that states you resign your appointment when running for office, the guy should resign.
Thank you bro.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by MUZBO(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

@Texas

who should resign? Guy that has been dismissed? Do u read papers @ all homeboy, all in d news
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by MUZBO(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
seanet02:

Dr. The fact remains this Doctors are greedy. But i think the Govt also fails to assert it's Authority. If it has asserted it, i should have heard that this people have been summarily dismissed. Until Fashola sack this greedy people they will not yield.
prove the greed Mr Judge! Wen u work twice as much as ur colleagues with ur HND and u r being half wat they get then u can talk about greed, b4 then go eat simpsonweed!! Pu_k!!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

@Texas

He was sacked last year. You do not start 'running' until your name is accepted by INEC as the official nominee.

I could be wrong, though. Bite me grin
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
Tokotaya:

My brother, it was in the press o. And they have not disputed it. Tinubu even said when he was governor his salary was about half a million. It was in most of the press that reported that news. Let them state what is correct if this is not correct.

The doctors have even disputed the much lower figures fashola is stating not to mention the crazy amount you say Tinubu was quoting.
The state government is far more interested in painting these doctors black than actually saving the lives of Lagosians.

Tokotaya:

Secondly, it is morally wrong for a medical doctor to be openly partisan and be working in a public hospital. How do you defend yourself if an ACN man dies under your scapel? It is simply not right

This topic never ceases to provide me with merriment! What does one's political beliefs have to do with being a doctor? If you're a PDP supporter does that mean you'd wish death on an ACN fellow? Or if you're in ACN, will you start ramming your vehicle into PDP people you meet on the road?

What next, Doctors who are Arsenal fans are forbidden from operating on Manchester United supporters?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

I believe the death of the innocent people is on the doctors not on the government, Eko has explained the details of the agreement, the strike is about recalling a sacked doctor not even about money.

This is a bare faced lie, bros. The strike is about non-implementation of the agreement reached between Fashola and doctors. The agreement included a review of the excessive taxes the doctors pay, A positive review of the sacking of the doctor and implementation of CONMESS.
The Fashola administration reneged on the agreement and thus should be held responsible for the travails of Lagosians.

You spend this whole time arguing over a matter you do not fully understand. How can you rely on the words of Eko Ile, a paid agent of the Lagos state govt?

I am arguing on the side of truth and common sense. Ekiti pays their doctors 100% CONMESS, why can't Lagos do the same? The wage bill will be much higher in Lagos (because there are more doctors) but that is the price you have to pay for having a large population.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by MUZBO(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

Dr I read your post, it is obvious you do not support Fashola's stance, so, the only other stance is for him to give in, I believe the death of the innocent people is on the doctors not on the government, Eko has explained the details of the agreement, the strike is about recalling a sacked doctor not even about money.
Who r these pple sef? I tire 4 u o! Even if d strike is about recalling a past leader who was unjustly dismissed isn't that a honorable thing to do? We r talking about Justice here, plus the strike is mainly about the salary scale!! If u pple are intimidated by opportuned areaboys and decide to be submissive like a 2kobo w hore then that's ur biz- Drs r different. . .u knew that in university nau!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by MUZBO(m): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2011
texazzpete:

This topic never ceases to provide me with merriment! What does one's political beliefs have to do with being a doctor? If you're a PDP supporter does that mean you'd wish death on an ACN fellow? Or if you're in ACN, will you start ramming your vehicle into PDP people you meet on the road?

What next, Doctors who are Arsenal fans are forbidden from operating on Manchester United supporters?

lol. Meeenn this is the funniest response I've heard in months- it will make my wall of fame! Thanks 4 that! So much sarcastic truth in that! I wonder y pple would choose to bliv politicians over professionals knowing these politicians lie 4 a living.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by hercules07: 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Texas and Muzbo

I have explained in another thread why the agreement has not been implemented, the agreement was in 2010 and was not included in the 2010 budget, the agreement was included in the 2011 budget that has just been passed, the doctors will be paid the agree rate when next their salary is paid, if they are not paid then they have a reason to go on strike.
Texas why should doctors taxes be different from what others on comparable salaries earn?
On the issue of the sacked doctor, if he feels hard done by, he should go to the courts, I have gone to court to compel an employer to pay me what he owed.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by switchmax8: 7:10pm On Feb 28, 2011
i disagree that the governor cannot be forced to pay the conmess.it is errant nonsense and irresponsible for lagos state government to allow Drs to go on strike.where did he get the 3billions he used in planting silly and nonsense flowers around lagos?the money would have better the life of millions of lagosians if invested in the health sector.can you imagine with the tax collected and huge fed govt allocation they cannot fund hospitals yet,you people are here castigating Drs for going on strike.Fashola really dissapointed me for allowing Drs to go on strike while innocent sould were lost in various hospitals.My wife was one of the victims of last strike i had to rush her to a private hospital in ketu for a CS before she could put to bed due to the strike.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by dradoyi(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2011
MY HEART BLEEDS, I CAN IMAGINE THE LEVEL OF BEEF FOR DRS ON NL. WHEN U GUYS WHERE CHILLING GOING TO PARTIES, SOME PEOPLE WHERE JACKING DEM LIVES OUT SOMEWHERE, STAYING FOR A LONG TIME IN SCHOOL DAT SOME OF YOU CAME BACK AND PICKED YOUR MASTERS. I UNDERSTAND DAT MANY APPLIED FOR MEDICINE AND COULDNT GET IT OR SOME ACTUALLY DROPPED OUT,
WE TALKING ABOUT WAT  IS OBTAINABLE EVERYWHERE NOW.
 ITS AS EASY AS GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AND BE A DOCTOR ( IF YOU CAN) AND COLLECT THE SO CALLED BIG SALARY. AHH NAIJA WE RE MORE DAN THIS. THESE POLITICIAN RE CUNNING AND WILL ALWAYS BREAK AGREEMENTS.
DR SLEEK AND OTHER DRS , THEY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND QUIT EXPLAINING TO A SCHIZOPHRENIC ABOUT HIS 3RD PERSON HALLUCINATIONS,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by reindeer: 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2011
lol.
To be honest,i've been a little dissapointed by the government turning a simple labour dispute into a press circus.Employing spin doctors instead of negotiators.
If people really want to put these behind, pay doctors, demand performance and re arrange the health sector.
Its pointless explaining this to many people really.That is the problem when people look at health in strictly economic(and political) terms.
I hereby rest my case
Have a nice week all.

dradoyi:

MY HEART BLEEDS, I CAN IMAGINE THE LEVEL OF BEEF FOR DRS ON NL. WHEN U GUYS WHERE CHILLING GOING TO PARTIES, SOME PEOPLE WHERE JACKING DEM LIVES OUT SOMEWHERE, STAYING FOR A LONG TIME IN SCHOOL DAT SOME OF YOU CAME BACK AND PICKED YOUR MASTERS. I UNDERSTAND DAT MANY APPLIED FOR MEDICINE AND COULDNT GET IT OR SOME ACTUALLY DROPPED OUT,
WE TALKING ABOUT WAT  IS OBTAINABLE EVERYWHERE NOW.
 ITS AS EASY AS GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AND BE A DOCTOR ( IF YOU CAN) AND COLLECT THE SO CALLED BIG SALARY. AHH NAIJA WE RE MORE DAN THIS. THESE POLITICIAN RE CUNNING AND WILL ALWAYS BREAK AGREEMENTS.
DR SLEEK AND OTHER DRS , THEY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND QUIT EXPLAINING TO A SCHIZOPHRENIC ABOUT HIS 3RD PERSON HALLUCINATIONS,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by MUZBO(m): 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

@Texas and Muzbo

. . . if they are not paid then they have a reason to go on strike.
Texas why should doctors taxes be different from what others on comparable salaries earn?

Good question! Do u know that the Lag Dr's payslip reveals that an allowance called 'non-taxable' call duty allowance has been taxed since last year? Y is it non taxable if it will b taxed? Doesn't make sense yet they did it and gave no explanation. This is a job that the Dr does wen you pple here r taking his girlfriend out on a dinner date(after working hrs and he sleeps there overnight) and yet u tax what he earns there to add insult to injury. Please don't even go there. . .Drs aint fools!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by mmeri: 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2011
Government should pay the doctors so as to stem the brain drain in that field. Nigeria is among the leading countries in the world that export doctors
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

@Texas and Muzbo

I have explained in another thread why the agreement has not been implemented, the agreement was in 2010 and was not included in the 2010 budget, the agreement was included in the 2011 budget that has just been passed, the doctors will be paid the agree rate when next their salary is paid, if they are not paid then they have a reason to go on strike.

So now we agree that doctors can legitimately go on strike to press for their demands abi?
The State Government agreed to implement all the new agreement in January 2011. They defaulted. Who will we blame if not Fashola? All this talk about budget being passed in February is just smoke and mirrors. Why didn't he specify February 2011 instead?
Also as i've said before, the increased salary is not all this strike is about.

hercules07:

On the issue of the sacked doctor, if he feels hard done by, he should go to the courts, I have gone to court to compel an employer to pay me what he owed.

Do you have any details on the tax regime these doctors are under? If not, please refrain from speaking with any authority on the matter. Doctors have complained, the state government has acknowledged it is an issue. Why are you so determined to paint these fellows are wicked and greedy people?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by jumpmasta(m): 12:29am On Mar 01, 2011
Its simply pathetic to hear what tumbles out of the Mostly Naïve and Gullible Lagosians about Doctors and some even go as far as Calling them "Craps"and killers, Once is now left to wonder who these Hypocrites go to when they are sick or have some form of Emergency.I guess they Turn to their "Agbos", Some people are plain stupid.My suggestion;When next you are Sick,simply Treat yourself since you feel u don't need us.Shameless Hypocrites, No Conmess No work
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by ditimiya(m): 6:16am On Mar 01, 2011
@senate2 you much be out of your mind, what are you taking about here? doctors should be respected and treated well. do you know how many years it take for a doctor to be produced? do you know what they pass through before they started working for government? Tinubu you are no longer in office please go back to your village or open a farm in Lagos and leave the state house alone. if any thing happen to anybody about health the blood with be on your head. fo the Doctor please health is life, and life is wealth, try and look at the people that is suffering because of one medical problem or the other give a helping hand and save life. God will pay the money you seek. thank you
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 6:23am On Mar 01, 2011
ditimiya:

@senate2 you much be out of your mind, what are you taking about here? doctors should be respected and treated well. do you know how many years it take for a doctor to be produced? do you know what they pass through before they started working for government? Tinubu you are no longer in office please go back to your village or open a farm in Lagos and leave the state house alone. if any thing happen to anybody about health the blood with be on your head. fo the Doctor please health is life, and life is wealth, try and look at the people that is suffering because of one medical problem or the other give a helping hand and save life. God will pay the money you seek. thank you

I bet they are god too and we should open up the treasury and let them clean it out while we bow down like goats,

Some of you are just too funny,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by seanet02: 6:32am On Mar 01, 2011
ditimiya:

See me see trouble o, is it compulsory to work for Lagos state? You can't even spell my id very well. Too bad
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by ditimiya(m): 6:50am On Mar 01, 2011
@ SEANET 02 if you understand Lagos well you will see the beauty of its work froce, if you like work for lagos or no wok for Lag you are part of the problem, all i want to say is that without dictors guy you are goner. and for the spelling is just my typing okay. Just think about the Family that will lost their love ones in this mess.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 7:07am On Mar 01, 2011
ditimiya:

@ SEANET 02 if you understand Lagos well you will see the beauty of its work froce, if you like work for lagos or no wok for Lag you are part of the problem, all i want to say is that without dictors guy you are goner. and for the spelling is just my typing okay. Just think about the Family that will lost their love ones in this mess.

Life is all about give and take, it's a 2 way street. Are people not dying even with the incompetent doctors and their lousy quality of care?

Bunch of uselsess phensic and panadol doctors,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

. / NNPC Spent N648.82 Billion On Pipeline Maintenance In 5.5 Years - BudgITng / Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.