Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,186 members, 7,936,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:23 PM

Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' (9162 Views)

Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS / Igbos Are Not Intimidated By Us_lord Lugard / Waku: Saraki's Wife Ordeal Mastermind By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by jumpmasta(m): 7:17am On Mar 01, 2011
@Eko Ile, I marvel at the Energy you Dispense Calling all sorts of Name to Doctors , Don't you have any other work to do, By the way ,how do you know an "Incompetent Dr"when it can be Discerned that you have no Iota of training in health issues.One Marvels at who u consult whenever u are sick, You are just a Plain Hypocrite.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 7:18am On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Life is all about give and take, it's a 2 way street. Are people not dying even with the incompetent doctors and their lousy quality of care?

Bunch of uselsess phensic and panadol doctors,

Ah, so now Lagos State doctors are 'incompetent' and are 'useless phensic and panadol doctors'.
So what about the useless Governor who only provides 'panadol and phensic' for them?  grin

Abeg if you lack any other logical argument, keep your mouth shut and let more intelligent people debate this issue. You've never been particularly bright but you're starting to veer into seanet02 levels of dumbness.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 7:22am On Mar 01, 2011
jumpmasta:

@Eko Ile, I marvel at the Energy you Dispense Calling all sorts of Name to Doctors , Don't you have any other work to do, By the way ,how do you know an "Incompetent Dr"when it can be Discerned that you have no Iota of training in health issues.One Marvels at who u consult whenever u are sick, You are just a Plain Hypocrite.

Mr. Man, are you not observant? This is Eko Ile's work as a paid cyber-thug for the Lagos State government. He has even improved from his babapupa days when even the mildest critique of the Fashola/Tinubu administration would be met with his ill-mannered insults.
As a prized serf, he probably earns enough from his sycophancy to afford private medical care, hence his unreasoning hatred of the state doctors.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 7:29am On Mar 01, 2011
jumpmasta:

What else is new?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Tokotaya: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2011
Whatever anyone says, we have more traders and opportunists in the medical profession these days than in the days of yore. A doctor truly committed to his hippocratic oath would be concerned about the precious lives being wasted because of naira and kobo. This morning in the papers, TUC and NLC are threatening the FG over minimum wage. They asked for N52k last year. Govt set up a tripartite committee to negotiate. They dragged the issue until labour eventually accepted N18,000 because according to the NLC president, they were interested in the growth of the economy of the country and were reluctant to grind it to a halt. Today, that agreement has not been honoured, and that is why they are threatening to call out workers if the agreement is not implemented across the country. Fact remains that with the exception of political office holders, everyone in govt employ is underpaid. The struggle to get due payment for service rendered is not won in one fell swoop. You will concede ground and the other party will concede ground. The current leadership of the doctors in Lagos state employ belong in Idumota, where they can sell spare parts and make millions in one fell swoop!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 9:27am On Mar 01, 2011
Tokotaya:

Whatever anyone says, we have more traders and opportunists in the medical profession these days than in the days of yore. A doctor truly committed to his hippocratic oath would be concerned about the precious lives being wasted because of naira and kobo. This morning in the papers, TUC and NLC are threatening the FG over minimum wage. They asked for N52k last year. Govt set up a tripartite committee to negotiate. They dragged the issue until labour eventually accepted N18,000 because according to the NLC president, they were interested in the growth of the economy of the country and were reluctant to grind it to a halt. Today, that agreement has not been honoured, and that is why they are threatening to call out workers if the agreement is not implemented across the country. Fact remains that with the exception of political office holders, everyone in govt employ is underpaid. The struggle to get due payment for service rendered is not won in one fell swoop. You will concede ground and the other party will concede ground. The current leadership of the doctors in Lagos state employ belong in Idumota, where they can sell spare parts and make millions in one fell swoop!

And the flip side of the coin: A Governor truly concerned about his citizens would not allow this situation to linger on. Fashola himself swore an oath to protect the lives and properties of Lagosians. Is that how he is living up to it?
Doctors know something you don't know; you cannot present your Hippocratic oath paper to your landlord in lieu of rent. You cannot use it to buy land in Ikorodu, neither will the car dealers in Berger sell cars cheaply to you because you are a doctor.
So yes, sneer about 'Naira and Kobo'. Everything in Nigeria runs on those two items. The average doctor puts in exceptionally long hours, sees tens of patients daily and is forced to deal with the stress and trauma of a very demanding profession. They deserve every penny they get and more!

Let Lagosians find their voices and express their displeasure to their Governor. Last year the strike went on for months before Fashola settled. Did Lagos state go broke then?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by hercules07: 9:56am On Mar 01, 2011
@Texas

The passage of the budget is not in the hands of the governor, what if the house passed the bill in January and the governor specified march, will they not be up in arms, please lets reason properly on this.
The doctors are asking for a doctor who was sacked last year to be re-admitted when he is already contesting for a seat at the Oyo state house of assembly, he is meant to resign, why are they asking for his reinstatement and please why can he not go to court to ask for his rights.
Someone here has been saying stuff like doctors read all the time, there is no profession that does not require reading all the time, we can not treat doctors as special people, there is no allowance that is also not taxable, there is only a limit on how you can tax it based on the amount.
Texas, our doctors do PP more than any other people, they put in long hours, so does the guy working on a building, everybody puts in long hours, if they can not get their compensation from government, let them go out there and open their clinics shikena.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Josylove: 11:14am On Mar 01, 2011
I think if you calculate the medical expenses of the governor and relatives abroad for 4-8years, it will almost pay the whole doctors' salary for that no. of years. They will not visit general hospital, so tinubu can afford to say anything he likes. This actually calls for dialogue, Fashola plz you are the governor not tinubu.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2011
Josylove:

I think if you calculate the medical expenses of the governor and relatives abroad for 4-8years, it will almost pay the whole doctors' salary for that no. of years.  They will not visit general hospital, so tinubu can afford to say anything he likes.  This actually calls for dialogue, Fashola plz you are the governor not tinubu.

Are you his doctor? Do you know where he gets his medical check ups from? Are you the one paying for it? Do you know how much he pays.?

Stick to what you know, not made up irrational stuff,

The governor banned medical trips abroad and he himself gets his check ups at LASUTH.

And what's the point shouting for dialogue all over the place? The doctors don't want to dialogue or go back to work unless the state re hire their sacked chairman and they get their 100% pay raise.

How do you dialogue with people who don't want to dialogue?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2011
texazzpete:

And the flip side of the coin: A Governor truly concerned about his citizens would not allow this situation to linger on. Fashola himself swore an oath to protect the lives and properties of Lagosians. Is that how he is living up to it?
Doctors know something you don't know; you cannot present your Hippocratic oath paper to your landlord in lieu of rent. You cannot use it to buy land in Ikorodu, neither will the car dealers in Berger sell cars cheaply to you because you are a doctor.
So yes, sneer about 'Naira and Kobo'. Everything in Nigeria runs on those two items. The average doctor puts in exceptionally long hours, sees tens of patients daily and is forced to deal with the stress and trauma of a very demanding profession. They deserve every penny they get and more!

Let Lagosians find their voices and express their displeasure to their Governor. Last year the strike went on for months before Fashola settled. Did Lagos state go broke then?

Rubbish. They don't have to do all that because the state is offering all that to the doctors free of charge,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by switchmax8: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile,
It is pure lie that the gov receives treatment in lasuth if actually he does maybe he went there to pay a visit we all know that in any slightest cough or headache our leaders are flown abroad.tinubu himself knew about it fashola cannot ban overseas travel for treatment because he is part of it
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by phantom(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Rubbish. They don't have to do all that because the state is offering all that to the doctors free of charge,
na wa o!!they ve been asking you to prove this since yesterday and you are still finding it difficult to get fasholas cock outta ya mouth,get of your seat and do it , lol
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by seanet02: 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2011
phantom:

[s]na wa o!!they ve been asking you to prove this since yesterday and you are still finding it difficult to get fasholas cock outta ya mouth,get of your seat and do it , lol[/s]
Arrant Nonsese
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by phantom(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2011
seanet02:

Arrant Nonsese
of course you would know abi since you basically manufactured it, protege de' bkbabe, lol
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
seanet02:

Arrant Nonsese

Dude, I could spell 'nonsense' in Primary 5. Why can't you, even at this advanced stage?
Thank God I am not a medical doctor. I would have been incandescent with fury if someone of your IQ level was calling me 'incompetent'!

Eko Ile:

You're the only person here who believes that lie. Even the likes of hercules07 won't touch this topic at all. Where are the cars? Your Governor loves to call press conferences to celebrate his achievements, where are pics from the car presentation ceremony? Why do all the doctors asked insist that they have not been given any vehicles?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2011
phantom:

na wa o!!they ve been asking you to prove this since yesterday and you are still finding it difficult to get fasholas cock outta ya mouth,get of your seat and do it , lol

There is no need for unnecessary insults and vulgarity, feel free to leave this discussion if you can not function and relate your argument like an adult.

Is it ok for me to equally say get the doctors cock out of your mouth? See how silly you sound?

Now, what do you need me to proof? How many times I have I posted what the state is offering the doctors as part of the new pay package?

You really should not blame your inability to read and comprehend on me and for what it's worth, I'll post it again.

"Presently my salary in a month is N883,338.00 while a member of the State Executive Council earns a little over N500,000 monthly. The reality of the new wage we are offering is that the most junior doctor moves from N110, 000 per month to N170,000 while the senior doctors moved from about 360,000 to over 700,000 per month", he added.

The Governor reminded the doctors that unlike the Federal Government which they want the State to replicate its salary figures, the State Government also provides cars, houses and free healthcare to its doctors which is not done at the federal level.

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2011/02/12/20110212N01.html

Chairman of the Elders’ Forum, Dr. Ore Falomo, yesterday said that doctors practising in Lagos have insisted that the value base of “our profession is to preserve life and health of our population under all circumstances. We hereby pledge once again to fully support this value base of our profession to the satisfaction of our people.

“We hereby dissociate ourselves completely from the illegal NMA executive under the illegal chairmanship of Dr. Adedamola Dada. We also dissociate ourselves from the disputed Medical Guild executive under the acting chairman of Dr. Williams.”

Falomo claimed that the state government had approved a new salary scheme for doctors.
“It is even better than the CONTISS. It involves cars, housing, even mortgage to buy houses. The government has challenged us to look for areas where we can put up estates for doctors,” he said

www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1urTStA5G8sJ:www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/%3Fp%3D3562+lagos+doctors+free+cars+housing&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

And I need you to show any proof by the doctors saying this was never offered to them by the state,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by hercules07: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
@Texas

I dey kampe o, man must move around for food now, I still stand by my assertion that the doctors are being pig headed, they should wait for their salaries to be paid before they embark on strike, as per the issue of their former chairman, let him go to the courts.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
texazzpete:

Dude, I could spell 'nonsense' in Primary 5. Why can't you, even at this advanced stage?
Thank God I am not a medical doctor. I would have been incandescent with fury if someone of your IQ level was calling me 'incompetent'!

You're the only person here who believes that lie. Even the likes of hercules07 won't touch this topic at all. Where are the cars? Your Governor loves to call press conferences to celebrate his achievements, where are pics from the car presentation ceremony? Why do all the doctors asked insist that they have not been given any vehicles?

Again, do not blame you inability to read and comprehend on me. There's obviously a huge difference between what's contained in an offer or a proposal and what you are blabbing about.

I've asked you to show me any proof by the doctors stating that the state did not offer to give them cars, free housing and health care,

Please do that or just stop boring me with the same mindless nonsense,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by seanet02: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2011
texazzpete:

So you can turn a mistake to something else? Are we contesting for PHD here? it amazes me how some nairalanders reason, some like Peacock, some like cows, your very own type i guess is stone age reasoning.
PSS Do you want to engage me in an English composition contest?
Roll out the Drums!!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by phantom(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Again, do not blame you inability to read and comprehend on me. There's obviously a huge difference between what's contained in an offer or a proposal and what you are blabbing about.

I've asked you to show me any proof by the doctors stating that the state did not offer to give them cars, free housing and health care,

Please do that or just stop boring me with the same mindless nonsense,
show proof that its true, doctors have come on here and debunked it,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by phantom(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

There is no need for unnecessary insults and vulgarity, feel free to leave this discussion if you can not function and relate your argument like an adult.

Is it ok for me to equally say get the doctors cock out of your mouth? See how silly you sound?

Now, what do you need me to proof? How many times I have I posted what the state is offering the doctors as part of the new pay package?

You really should not blame your inability to read and comprehend on me and for what it's worth, I'll post it again.

And I need you to show any proof by the doctors saying this was never offered to them by the state,

o please dont be such an oaf, you ve been insulting every body that dares have a contrary opinion to yours for the past 2 days on this thread and all of a sudden youve become the reasonable one here, what you want is for us to sit back and watch you defend a man who just wants to put up flashy hospital projects but doesnt want to have them equipped or do you think equipping entails only equipment, lol.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by seanet02: 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
phantom:

Dumbo anybody can come here and claim he is a Surgeon!!! Nextttttttttt
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2011
phantom:

Who are the doctors?

Do what I asked you to do, get us something from the doctors guild saying the state did not offer to give them free cars, free housing and health care as part of the new pay package.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by phantom(m): 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2011
seanet02:

Dumbo anybody can come here and claim he is a Surgeon!!! Nextttttttttt
so because fashola says it on the pages  of newspapers makes it true abiso what you want is for doctors here to scan their certificates for you to confirm, clown!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by phantom(m): 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Who are the doctors?

Do what I asked you to do, get us something from the doctors guild saying the state did not offer to give them free cars, free housing and health care as part of the new pay package.

Dude are you for real?are you human or a broken record
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by seanet02: 4:30pm On Mar 01, 2011
phantom:

so because fashola says it on the pages  of newspapers makes it true abiso what you want is for doctors here to scan their certificates for you to confirm, clown!
grin grin grin
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2011
phantom:

It's a 2 way street.

I showed you what the state offered and if in your mind it was false, show us proof from the guild saying the state did not offer them free cars,

I showed you my proof, you show me yours or keep quite,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2011
“We are appealing to them to call off the strike. The difference between what they are asking for is just less than N80, 000 or N50,000. We are even thinking that this is not the end. There are other things government is planning for them. We are looking into the issue of housing.

“We have already distributed cars to them.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/again-who-will-save-lagos-patients-as-doctors-govt-flex-muscles/

So den don collect cars already,

LMAO,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2011
Toyin Hamzat, said that the Governor Babatunde Fashola-led administration is committed to reaching lasting truce with the aggrieved doctors, but the framework has to be all-inclusive of other arms of the healthcare sector. He said: “Do not forget that doctors are not the only one in the health sector. There are other professionals and we want to take an holistic view on all of these issue of remuneration, so that no one is short-changed.” Hamzat, who is a pharmacist, said though CONMESS is a Federal Government directive that the medical directors or medical doctors in federal civil service should be paid, but the packages of Lagos State is at par with the provisions of CONMESS. Hamzat explained: “In this state we may not call it CONMESS, but what we have done in the last three years, I am sure it is at par with some of these things the doctors are demanding. In fact, for the first time in the history of this state new cars are purchased for medical personnel, which have been distributed in batches. “As it is not only the doctors that are making demands, but also the teachers, engineers among a host of others. They are going to look into all of these because it is the same state resources that government is going to distribute. We are just lucky that our head is above waters then we can consider demands, otherwise some states cannot even pay it and do not forget the number that we have in the state.

http://tribunengrworld.com/residents-hospitals-groan-as-lagos-doctors-strike-continues-2570383.htm

Where are the fake NL doctors? LMAO
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Drsleek: 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
Mr Fashola I can assure you that your mindless and disgusting propaganda is not going to work, it will only succeed in infuriating the docs the more and further diminish their confidence in you.
No cars have been distributed to anyone or else we would have heard, and if its a new offer you are trying to sell, let your actions speak and not words because the one you promised before last year was not fulfilled in the slightest way, so forgive the docs if they don't feel inclined to believe anything you have to promise anymore. . . Besides which is more costly to implement, the full conmess or buying brand new cars who do you think you are decieving with your irritating propaganda

SOLVE THIS PROBLEM OBJECTIVELY OR RESIGN ABEG!!!
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
Dr-sleek:

Mr Fashola I can assure you that your mindless and disgusting propaganda is not going to work, it will only succeed in infuriating the docs the more and further diminish their confidence in you.
No cars have been distributed to anyone or else we would have heard, and if its a new offer you are trying to sell, let your actions speak and not words because the one you promised before last year was not fulfilled in the slightest way, so forgive the docs if they don't feel inclined to believe anything you have to promise anymore. . . Besides which is more costly to implement, the full conmess or buying brand new cars who do you think you are decieving with your irritating propaganda

SOLVE THIS PROBLEM OBJECTIVELY OR RESIGN ABEG!!!

Don't blame other people for that, blame it on your inability to read, comprehend and laziness.

What more do you want? You have accounts by different sources making the same claim. Go to the doctors guild and provide proof that they did not get cars from the state.

Do that or just keep quiet.

And what do you mean by objectively? You mean for the governor to bankrupt the state by opening up the treasury and let the doctors clean it out?

Objectivity cuts both ways,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Where are the fake NL doctors? LMAO

Mr. Man, why the lies na? You have been saying that Lagos State government provides free cars and housing to doctors are part of their conditions of service. Now all of a sudden it is a new package that was agreed on just last November.
So now we are agreed that the doctors have not been receiving any of that largess you have been trolling this forum with, are you still surprised that these docs would rather receive their full entitlement (on par with their counterparts in LUTH) instead of the promises of mythical cars and houses.
Please stop quoting these government flunkies as 'proof'.

Here's what a doctor has to say

According to chairman, Medical Guild, Dr. Bode Williams, the decision to begin an indefinite strike was due to the [b]insincerity and distrust of government to honour its promise [/b]after it fooled the doctors to suspend the 14 weeks strike last November because it said then that it was coming out with a good package that would surpass the CONMESS we were asking her to pay.

Now Fashola claims he convened a meeting of the Executive Council to approve the new agreement on Feb 3rd. So why are the doctors still on strike? Where is the public release from the state government detailing all the agreements reached?
All these politicians show us time and time again why the cannot be trusted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

. / NNPC Spent N648.82 Billion On Pipeline Maintenance In 5.5 Years - BudgITng / Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.