Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,186 members, 7,936,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' (9161 Views)

Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS / Igbos Are Not Intimidated By Us_lord Lugard / Waku: Saraki's Wife Ordeal Mastermind By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by phantom(m): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2011
kai, and they say the goat is the dumbest creature alive.good night my bro.tomorrow?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 12:27am On Mar 02, 2011
texazzpete:

I keep warning this Eko Ile fellow to embrace honesty but he has refused to repent! See the blatant lie he posted just now

The State Government offered the doctors 75% of CONMESS, not aq 75% salary increase. Eko Ile knows this. So why is he deliberately posting falsehood here?

Now, Eko Ile's main argument is that Fashola could not implement the agreement because he needed the Executive Council to approve funds. So why didn't he honour the parts of the agreement that had to do with Dr. Olaifa and the review of the excessive tax deductions?

Now, when are you going to stop your lies? You've been peddling lies since the beginning of this discussion.

I did not say that and Fashola never did. Infact, it's the other way around, the governor convened Extra-Ordinary Executive Council meeting specifically to approve the state's offer and enter it into the state's budget. You are a liar. I don't even have to post any of these facts, I'm posting them because you have no clue or any understanding about what you are arguing about. You can not articulate anything beyond the same conmmess nonsense you've been yelling.  

Lagos Has Fulfilled Its Promise Of New Salary Package To Doctors Before They Embarked On Another Strike – Fashola
…Renders impressive scorecard at CAN Interdenominational Service 2011

He noted that this was done by convening an Extra-Ordinary Executive Council meeting on February 3rd following the signing of the budget on January 31st to approve the memo for the new wages and allowances, but surprisingly the next day a strike was started.

"Presently my salary in a month is N883,338.00 while a member of the State Executive Council earns a little over N500,000 monthly. The reality of the new wage we are offering is that the most junior doctor moves from N110, 000 per month to N170,000 while the senior doctors moved from about 360,000 to over 700,000 per month", he added.

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2011/02/12/20110212N01.html

According to the rest of the world, it's 75% pay increase--

You lied that the state didn't give out cars to the doctors, now we have proof that they did.

Like I said, you are a waste of time,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 12:28am On Mar 02, 2011
seanet02:

Don't leave yet please, take this as celtel bonanza http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110228222292

Why? Is the federal government not paying them their silly conmess? Useless people.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 12:31am On Mar 02, 2011
This is nothing but a big mess created by the useless and incompetent federal government.

How do you conclude to set a pay scale without consulting the states and their finances?

What a bunch of re-tards,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 12:52am On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

Now, when are you going to stop your lies? You've been peddling lies since the beginning of this discussion.

I did not say that and Fashola never did. Infact, it's the other way around, the governor convened Extra-Ordinary Executive Council meeting specifically to approve the state's offer and enter it into the state's budget. You are a liar. I don't even have to post any of these facts, I'm posting them because you have no clue or any understanding about what you are arguing about. You can not articulate anything beyond the same conmmess nonsense you've been yelling.  

In your own words

Eko Ile:

An agreement was reached late last year, but the money needed to implement the new pay structure was not part of the 2010 budget and by law, the state can not spend what's not part of the budget.

So, the state approved and entered the new pay structure into the new budget for 2011 just early this month and their paychecks by march should reflect the new pay structure.

Basically, your own words are in agreement with my question; why didn't he approve the parts of the agreement that did not require the participation of the Executive Council? What happened to the tax review and Dr. Olaifa?
Answer the questions instead of diversionary tactics!

Eko Ile:

According to the rest of the world, it's 75% pay increase--

'rest of the world', eh?

http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/headlines/lagos-approves-75-conmess-for-doctors
In a statement, Commissioner for Establishment and Training, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu said: “Having painstakingly examined the issue, His Excellency has directed in line with the newly approved pay policy of the state, an implementation of an increase in the salaries and allowances of medical/dental officers in the state public service to an amount equivalent to about 75per cent of the Consolidated Medical Salary Structure in order to prevent further loss of lives and protect the welfare of the citizens of the state.”

The 75% CONMESS story even appeared on Fashola's site. It's been removed, but you can view it via Google cache
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ubQzm83UGfkJ:brfashola.org/2010/11/10/from-the-press-lagos-approves-75-conmess-for-doctors-2/+234next+lagos+state+75%25+conmess&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&source=www.google.com

You've been arguing since without even knowing the basic facts. What a cretin!

Even your Fashola has been quoted later stating that they had increased salaries by 75%. You see why we cannot trust him? Why would he tell lies?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 12:55am On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

You lied that the state didn't give out cars to the doctors, now we have proof that they did.

With every word you show yourself to be a pathological liar.
First you said that new cars and houses are part of the new package being proposed for the doctors.

Now you're saying that the Govt has already given out cars to the doctors! With proof sef!
Why the contradiction? Make up your mind, cretin.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 1:00am On Mar 02, 2011
texazzpete:

With every word you show yourself to be a pathological liar.
First you said that new cars and houses are part of the new package being proposed for the doctors.

Now you're saying that the Govt has already given out cars to the doctors! With proof sef!
Why the contradiction? Make up your mind, cretin.

It's part of the deal and the state is distributing the cars already. Inability to read and comprehend with lying is a dangerous mix.

Lying is evil my friend,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 1:04am On Mar 02, 2011
texazzpete:

In your own words

Basically, your own words are in agreement with my question; why didn't he approve the parts of the agreement that did not require the participation of the Executive Council? What happened to the tax review and Dr. Olaifa?
Answer the questions instead of diversionary tactics!

'rest of the world', eh?

http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/headlines/lagos-approves-75-conmess-for-doctors
The 75% CONMESS story even appeared on Fashola's site. It's been removed, but you can view it via Google cache
You've been arguing since without even knowing the basic facts. What a cretin!

Even your Fashola has been quoted later stating that they had increased salaries by 75%. You see why we cannot trust him? Why would he tell lies?

Find a new line or argument because repeating myself is really a waste of time,

I think I'm done with you.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by anonimi: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2011
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 7:08am On Mar 02, 2011
anonimi:

Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.

And where is it going to come from? From the corrupt elements below?

"President Jonathan from all intents and purposes by this act has failed woefully to defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; a Constitution which frowns against corruption, failed to show leadership and questioned the sincerity of his commitment to war against corruption.

"Chief Bode George who was convicted for 163 count criminal charges bordering on abuse of public trust, contract splitting and financial misappropriation to the tune of N100 billion does not merit that show of support".

http://allafrica.com/stories/201102281096.html

Abeg keep quiet,
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Beaf: 7:09am On Mar 02, 2011
From the google cache of Fashola's very own website.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Thanks texazzpete.

So Fashola is actually lying!

[size=14pt]From The Press: Lagos approves 75% CONMESS for doctors[/size]

On November 10, 2010, in From the Press, Governance, Health, by admin (fj)

LAGOS State Governor Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) Tuesday approved increased salaries and allowances for Medical/Dental workers in the state public service to the equivalent of 75per cent of the Consolidated Medical Salary Structure (CONMESS).

In a statement, Commissioner for Establishment and Training, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu said: “Having painstakingly examined the issue, His Excellency has directed in line with the newly approved pay policy of the state, an implementation of an increase in the salaries and allowances of medical/dental officers in the state public service to an amount equivalent to about 75per cent of the Consolidated Medical Salary Structure in order to prevent further loss of lives and protect the welfare of the citizens of the state.”

Sanwo-Olu said in response to the doctors’ demands, the government agreed to review the dismissal of Dr. Ibrahim Olaifa; the commencement of the deduction of the Medical Guild’s check-off dues through the Treasury Office and a review of the issue of tax deduction in order to comply with relevant Tax Laws of Government.

The government urged the doctors to end the strike.

Culled from thenationonlineng.net

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ubQzm83UGfkJ:brfashola.org/2010/11/10/from-the-press-lagos-approves-75-conmess-for-doctors-2/+234next+lagos+state+75%25+conmess&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&source=www.google.com
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 7:09am On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's part of the deal and the state is distributing the cars already. Inability to read and comprehend with lying is a dangerous mix.

Lying is evil my friend,

So let me get this clear.

When you say this
Eko Ile:

Do you realize you're insinuating that the state government has already given out cars to the doctors? good.
Now the State Government enters an agreement in November 2010 with the doctors. The net difference is so much that Fashola apparently has to convene an emergency meeting of the EC in February 2011 to ratify the funds. That is what you and Fashola have been saying, that the unplanned expenditure had to be decided by the EC.
Now according to you, funds were miraculously available to the Fashola administration to buy almost 1500 cars in the short space of time between november 2010 and end january 2011 without recourse to the Executive council.
Can't you see how brainless that sounds?

Even if you're a paid thug of the LSG, can't you show some basic honesty and common sense in your arguments? I just showed you convincingly that there was no 75% increase, just the 75% of CONMESS. Even secondary school children will know that 75% of a salary scale is not the same as 75% salary increase. Why are you so daft?!

Why did you expertly dodge the analysis done on the so-called increase in wage bill by 2.5 billion Naira? You can't find any link quoting yet another government flunky to post here, abi?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by EkoIle1: 7:12am On Mar 02, 2011
Obviously, reading and comprehension is not your thing. I said you are a waste of time and I'm done with you.

Stop quoting me and act as if I'm not even on NL.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 7:25am On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf:

From the google cache of Fashola's very own website.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Thanks texazzpete.

Hehe

Pay attention to this part
Sanwo-Olu said in response to the doctors’ demands, the government agreed to review the dismissal of Dr. Ibrahim Olaifa; the commencement of the deduction of the Medical Guild’s check-off dues through the Treasury Office and a review of the issue of tax deduction in order to comply with relevant Tax Laws of Government.

So the Fashola administration PROMISED to review the dismissal of this guy, only to say this later

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110224235418
We are not going to reinstate him (Olaifa) because the moment you subject the authority given by the constitution to blackmail, you are finished.

So the LSG AGREED to REVIEW this guy's case as part of your compromise with the doctors, only to turn around to refuse to review the case.
Have you seen such liars before?

Tinubu lied about employing Olaifa, lied about Olaifa being a member of PDP. The lies of the Lagos state government isn't helping the situation at all.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 7:33am On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

Obviously, reading and comprehension is not your thing. I said you are a waste of time and I'm done with you.

Stop quoting me and act as if I'm not even on NL.

Can't do that, sorry. I have to counter your lies and misinformation. If we sensible people had left you to your own devices, the good people of Nairaland would have been misled into thinking the doctors in Lagos state are driving new cars and paying little or no house rent  grin

Fashola has done lots of good for Lagos state and I do not mind you being the cyber thug of the LSG and the ACN. All we request is that you desist from such shameless lies in the future. That is all.

PS: What comment would you make about the sanity of someone who thinks sacking over 1300 doctors and recruiting new ones is a practical solution (emphasis on practical)?
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Beaf: 7:38am On Mar 02, 2011
texazzpete:

Hehe

Pay attention to this part
So the Fashola administration PROMISED to review the dismissal of this guy, only to say this later

So the LSG AGREED to REVIEW this guy's case as part of your compromise with the doctors, only to turn around to refuse to review the case.
Have you seen such liars before?

Tinubu lied about employing Olaifa, lied about Olaifa being a member of PDP. The lies of the Lagos state government isn't helping the situation at all.

I am shocked to say the least. Thank goodness we have recorded the contents of the google cache from Fashola's own website here, they cannot delete what is on google and claim it never existed.
This is a a truly appalling state of affairs.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by hercules07: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2011
@Texas

Olaifa was PDP, accord party members are the disaffected PDP members in Oyo State
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by IVORY2009(m): 10:59am On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf:

I am shocked to say the least. Thank goodness we have recorded the contents of the google cache from Fashola's own website here, they cannot delete what is on google and claim it never existed.
This is a a truly appalling state of affairs.
Who are u
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by allycat: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
Cars were distributed but to whomm Last year in Lauth with over 300 docs 2 cars were actually given to doctors. The rest went to heads of department like catering, nursing, laundry etc. But on the news what was announced was cars being given to doctors. This year one of the most senior surgeons in Lagos state got a grand gift of a Hyundai Elantra, meanwhile magistrates get 2011 toyota corollas while High court judges get Prado jeeps and take home over 2.5m a month same Lagos.
As for free houses it is during this strike that government is calling some doctors that were kicked out of gov housing about 2 years ago and offering them flats in 1004. Doctors are not demanding cars or free houses,what we are demanding is a fair wage for the workload we bear in lagos state.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Drsleek: 10:02am On Mar 03, 2011
Jonathan was right afterall, bunch of motor park rascals

YUCK
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by texazzpete(m): 11:20am On Mar 03, 2011
allycat:

Cars were distributed but to whomm Last year in Lauth with over 300 docs 2 cars were actually given to doctors. The rest went to heads of department like catering, nursing, laundry etc. But on the news what was announced was cars being given to doctors. This year one of the most senior surgeons in Lagos state got a grand gift of a Hyundai Elantra, meanwhile magistrates get 2011 toyota corollas while High court judges get Prado jeeps and take home over 2.5m a month same Lagos.
As for free houses it is during this strike that government is calling some doctors that were kicked out of gov housing about 2 years ago and offering them flats in 1004. Doctors are not demanding cars or free houses,what we are demanding is a fair wage for the workload we bear in lagos state.

Thank you.
This is exactly what i suspected. Give miserly cars to only a few elites (in the hope of influencing them to quell the 'rebellion') and then announcing to the whole world that Lagos doctors are given free cars.
Ditto for the housing issue. These are the hallmarks of an insincere government.

I am not against Fashola, he has done lots of good in Lagos state. But in this issue, the man is falling short.
Re: Doctors - We Are Not Intimidated By Tinubu' by Drsleek: 3:56am On Mar 08, 2011
This fashola guy is even sicker that I thought, thses docs are still on strike as I hear and he hasn't bothered, still busy campaigning I guess. Looks like it's going to be  another 5months strike at this rate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Upgraded Lagos Domestic Airport Is Crumbling / Court Orders INEC To Register Young Democratic Party / Photos: Ambode Receives Korean Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.