Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,466 members, 7,961,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did (426 Views)

MFM Has Highest Number Of First-Class Graduates In Nigeria - Olukoya / What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? / Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did by dukeprince50: 9:51am On Sep 29, 2020
first before u read this, know that I didn't graduate with first class but 2.1 with a CGPA of 4.44. so u could follow my steps and add a little spice to it to achieve a better goal, not just in school but in every aspect of life.

First class graduates are already gifted or has a background knowledge of the course better than u do, or probably did a predegree program so they know what to expect in school better than u who is just a rookie, so whatever u do in life to succeed, make sure u already have a good knowledge of it, if u want to trade forex and u have no idea, u could just loose ur money.
So before u pick that Jamb form, try to know a little about the course, not to jump into medicine cos a lot of people study medicine, u could be WAFFed before u even find ur stand.

u must have a little love for the course or any other thing. for instance, u don't like Biology and knows nothing about it but u are really good in Physics, but cos there is little job in physics and medical doctors are respected, u decide to jump into medicine, MBBS deh wait for u o.

Having all these in mind, the rest is simple.
First u should have a goal, a long term(LT) goal but divide it into short term(ST) goals. let's say ur LT goal is 4.7 at the end of ur schooling and ur ST goal is 4.48 at the end of a semester and another 4.52 at the end of the next semester
secondly u should get to work: Having a goal is good but going to work is another thing, if u don't read, u can't get a CGPA of 2.5 believe me
thirdly Stick to it: This is the most difficult part, this is where the word consistency and perseverance comes to play, a time will come when u will be tired in life, cos there will be some failures here and there, yes I have failed a course before but that doesn't stop me from reading, also in my final year, I made the biggest mistake, I got tired of school and declined in my reading habit, that mistake made me miss first class by an inch
fourthly achieve ur goals.

in summary.
Just set a goal
Get to work
Stick to it
Achieve ur goals

Note, there is no particular formulae that works for everyone, and this may not work for u, u can just design ur own life algorithm.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did by dukeprince50: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2020
1.Set a goal
2.Get to work

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did by dukeprince50: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2020
3.Stick to it
4.Achieve ur goals

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did by Olude193: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2020
You still talking to yourself
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did by dukeprince50: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2020
just my own thought

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
A first class student in Nigeria is a book student never forget that. The only first class students I will applaud are those who engage in extra curricular activities because it's not easy to combine both.
Most first class students I have worked with or talked with are one sided I swear. They only know their field and nothing more. I have met briilant ones who are up to date in poltics/current affairs, entertainment and business including sports.
Those who make second class upper most times have a better view things than First Class but earned that particular G.P because they never poured everything to their lecturers

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Kwara Schools Resume October 5 ·    tertiary Institutions Open Oct / Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) Post UTME / DE Screening Result. / Past Govt Responsible For Persistent ASUU Strike – Education Minister, Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.